What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABOUT TO KICK OFF RIGHT NOW.... The Koori Grand Final Match

Quigs

Immortal
For your info heathens, the Mens Koori Grand Final Match is about to kick off on SBS in a few minutes. (Posted at 2.12pm Monday)

I don't mean to interrupt your celebrating of King Chuck the Big Ears birthday but I thought I might make a kind reminder of this game;

Benny Baba is still running with Walgett along with Bubba Kennedy, Joel Thompson and big fat George Rose. Fathead Ferguson, tyronne Peachey, is running around too.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Isn't it or wasn't it great to get to watch a televised game of footy without some far can bunker set up over-riding every decision and pulling up every tackle.

It is a point that is often raised when I am watching the local bush footy.
Probably enjoyed this game more than any other in 2024. Just plain, natural footy.

Scootsie

Juniors
Great fun To watch. I just get really confused about who’s playing for who. I didnt think Barba was from Walgett, but then he’s just one example of ex-NRL stars popping up all over the place.

bluefox68

Staff member
Great fun To watch. I just get really confused about who’s playing for who. I didnt think Barba was from Walgett, but then he’s just one example of ex-NRL stars popping up all over the place.
I don’t think there’s a requirement that you originate from a particular tribe / nation.

I’m pretty sure it is an invitational system.

We went to the Koori Knockout in Bathurst about 10 years ago - good times!

Scootsie

Juniors
I don’t think there’s a requirement that you originate from a particular tribe / nation.

I’m pretty sure it is an invitational system.

We went to the Koori Knockout in Bathurst about 10 years ago - good times!
Yeah, I’ve Sort of worked that out now.
Must be hard to police the salary cap etc :laughing:
Wonder how the local communities feel about that. I suppose it‘s good if you’re winning.

Quigs

Immortal
Probably enjoyed this game more than any other in 2024. Just plain, natural footy.
Did you see the one where the young winger (going to the Storm) that upended Fathead Ferguson. He lifted him up above his head even then half drove him into the ground.

The ref called no penalty as Fergo landed safely. Fergo was carrying on like a pork chop.

Yeah watching that game and the way it was played is just like it is watching the local A grade comp. I love it. Stinks, scrums erupting, swinging arms and great footy.

Not like the circus you watch on TV, clowns everywhere.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Did you see the one where the young winger (going to the Storm) that upended Fathead Ferguson. He lifted him up above his head even then half drove him into the ground.

The ref called no penalty as Fergo landed safely. Fergo was carrying on like a pork chop.

Yeah watching that game and the way it was played is just like it is watching the local A grade comp. I love it. Stinks, scrums erupting, swinging arms and great footy.

Not like the circus you watch on TV, clowns everywhere.
Yeah I did, LOL.

There were a few non NRL sanctioned lifting tackles which were lucky to even draw a penalty.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Yeah, I’ve Sort of worked that out now.
Must be hard to police the salary cap etc :laughing:
Wonder how the local communities feel about that. I suppose it‘s good if you’re winning.
They couldn't give a fekk about it. It's all about representing ya mob, having a go, connecting with the land and the greater mob and just having fun.

It's pure and unrefined but damn it's good.

You should go one time. I've been. 91 or 92. Don't remember. RAB won. Was a bit wilder than it seems to be now.

Quigs

Immortal
Our (the Mighty Emus) gun skipper and halfback played in the Murry Knockout down Brissie way a week or two ago and I've heard (not confirmed yet) that he has his knee completely obliterated.

ACL and a few other things, looks like he is gone for all of next season.

These knockouts get very serious at times.

Latest posts