What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair

Zigwaa

Bench
ha ha, how long have you been watching RL for? It's not netball!

All of my 27 years buddy. The game's not meant to be a license for thugs to try and hurt people and not play in the spirit of the game.

Have you ever played yourself? Do you want kids going out there to play like that?

Weels

Juniors
The arrogance and the niggly things they do in tackles, plus the sledging, it is taught to them at the Storm.
We had one of their players at our club for a couple of years, and he was a quite bloke, the sort you would invite home for dinner.
Now after a couple of years there he would tear your arm off and beat you over the head with it.
That is the attitude that most of the Storm players have. He and the rest of them seem to have a real hate mentality.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
What I am saying is the niggle has always been part of the game.

I played for many years and there is always a guy, who will do the cheap shot stuff.

Get a reaction, get them to throw one. Some go to far like hoppa and gallen, put if you have packed into a scrum and never copped a headbutt, or groin punch, you played a different game.

I like the blairs and gallens.

little_aza

Juniors
What I am saying is the niggle has always been part of the game.

I played for many years and there is always a guy, who will do the cheap shot stuff.

Get a reaction, get them to throw one. Some go to far like hoppa and gallen, put if you have packed into a scrum and never copped a headbutt, or groin punch, you played a different game.

I like the blairs and gallens.

+1.

Ennis is valued in part due to his sledging, and Gallen and Blair are valued in part due to their niggle. While it may not all rainbows and butterflies, this isn't netball. There is definitely a place in the game for "controlled aggression".

However, if a player goes out of line to the extent that it is outside of the game's rules, it needs to be addressed seriously. There needs to be a clear distinction between niggle and rule-breaking. Referees need to have the courage to actually Sin Bin, and use the punishment of letting your entire team down be a disincentive to negative play. And in more serious cases, the NRL Judiciary needs to be more effective than what it currently is. Stronger, more consistent punishments would stop a lot of crap. I know as a Storm fan I was shattered when Cameron Smith was suspended for the Preliminary Final and the Grand Final in 2008 for his tackle on Sam Thaiday, but at the end of the day he deserved it, and I'm sure most players made sure they played within the rules for the next couple of weeks as a result.

Anyway, as long as play is within the rules, it's fair game - it adds to the dynamic of the game.

Solid

Juniors
NRL on FOX ages ago showed footage of him deliberately balancing his entire body weight on the calf of another player in the play the ball. He was balancing on one knee on the other players calf.

Warriors are the front runners on securing him. So hopefully the official word comes out ASAP.

08 - Sam Rapira
09 - Aaron Heremaia/ Lance Hohaia
10 - Russell Packer
11 - Simon Mannering
12 - Ukuma Taai
13 - Adam Balir

Sh*t I think that would be close to a KIWI international side quality if things pan out Penrose. fingers crossed, If we dont get Adam can we get Brian McClenan as coach....

badav

Bench
NRL on FOX ages ago showed footage of him deliberately balancing his entire body weight on the calf of another player in the play the ball. He was balancing on one knee on the other players calf.

That was one of the things that upset Nathan Brown when he made that famous spray towards the media.

Blair is a great player, but hes an absolute grub, whether it be 3rd man into a scuffle to blindside someone, a cheap grapple, raking peoples limbs in whatever direction, or the above mentioned tactic.

Hes up their with the biggest grubs in the NRL.

Warriors are the front runners on securing him. So hopefully the official word comes out ASAP.

08 - Sam Rapira
09 - Aaron Heremaia/ Lance Hohaia
10 - Russell Packer
11 - Simon Mannering
12 - Ukuma Taai
13 - Adam Balir

Sh*t I think that would be close to a KIWI international side quality if things pan out Penrose. fingers crossed, If we dont get Adam can we get Brian McClenan as coach....

Are we? Doubt they'll be letting him go anyway now that they've let tolman jump the fence.

macavity

Referee

storm players are coached to do it.

bloody painful and easy to make look accidental.

God-King Dean

Immortal
storm players are coached to do it.

bloody painful and easy to make look accidental.

Nathan Brown brought that up after the Dragons/Storm clash (the one with the brawl & Ryles send-off).

Waldron threatened to sue unless he apologised for suggesting they use illegal tactics. No apology came....

Waldron then said he was consulting his legal team. Still waiting. :lol:

Kiki

First Grade
The arrogance and the niggly things they do in tackles, plus the sledging, it is taught to them at the Storm.
We had one of their players at our club for a couple of years, and he was a quite bloke, the sort you would invite home for dinner.
Now after a couple of years there he would tear your arm off and beat you over the head with it.
That is the attitude that most of the Storm players have. He and the rest of them seem to have a real hate mentality.

that's really interesting. i've always thought there was a definite arrogance and 'do anything to win' vibe about the Storm as a whole. it's almost American or something?

to me the whole cheating the salary cap makes sense because a) they think they are above the rules and b) they will do anything to win, even cheat and deceive for years.

as for Blair, bit of a grub but who am i kidding, i would probably love him in a Dragons jersey :sarcasm:

Noa

First Grade
You do Kiki, his name is Jeremy Smith, Adams mentor in all things grub.

Latest posts