What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair

BrotherJim05

Bench
I don't understand why everyone is so quick to put Adam Blair in the firing line. Yes he hasn't been fantastic, definitely not the $500K he is being payed, but consider a few things.

He just moved from an extremely well structured team with the likes of Slater, Cronk and Smith, to a team that has obviously been in crisis mode for the entire year, with a coach making extremely stupid decisions. How the hell is he going to figure out what his role in this team is going to be when almost every other week all the players around him were constantly switching positions.

So yes, he didn't stand out and do anything spectacular...but he was consistent. He didn't f**k up anything too major, didn't get injured once and did his job.

Now that we have a new coach, new players (including young bloods coming through) and what will become a new overall game plan, he will be able to fit his game style into this new structure and he will start ripping it up.

Look at Darius Boyd. He ripped it up for the Dragons and in Origin but for Newcastle he wasn't anything special...but he was also consistent. Now that he is used to his team, he will also be performing alot better in 2013.

I'm by no means an expert but I really have faith that Blair will show his talent next year...otherwise drop the spastic to NSW Cup haha

Tiger05

First Grade
WTF ???

I don't mind Blair as a player but at $500k he is an absolute waste of money.

He needs to perform and that is where it ends.

TYGA

Juniors
He was dreadful this year. I will reserve judgment under a new coach as I just saw a replay of the 2009 GF with Parra and he was an absolute machine.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
There is no doubt he has the potential, whether he has the commitment is the question. 2013 will be very important to him and his long term future with the club...

moller

Juniors
I don't think he's actually on $500k for starters, but it'll be interesting to see how he gets on next year under the new gaffer.

innsaneink

Referee
Look at Dahrius?????

Yeh right, Dahrius, Sandchow and Bleh were clearly the three biggest dud buys of '12

Great argument there

nikko

Juniors
what hybrid said - hope new coach makes a difference - would love to see him turn it round and rip in next year - when he's "on" he is a quality footballer....

Look at Dahrius?????

Yeh right, Dahrius, Sandchow and Bleh were clearly the three biggest dud buys of '12

Great argument there

Jamal Idris as well.

Adam Blair needs to make 2013 his year, seeing some highlights of the 2009 grand final just reminds me how good he is. If our new coach can get that sort of form out of him he will be worth what we're paying him.

BrotherJim05

Bench
There is no doubt he has the potential, whether he has the commitment is the question. 2013 will be very important to him and his long term future with the club...

I totally agree with this. He needs to step up next year or be shown the door. He has so much potential and I do feel that he has a viable excuse for not living up to the $500k a year...however next year no excuses.

I just don't think you can write someone off after just one year, especially if the whole team is under performing with no solid halves combination

innsaneink

Referee
Adam owes a lot to Sheens:

Robbie Farah says you can judge the quality of the New Zealand rugby league pack by the players who haven't been picked .........................

....................................."You can judge the quality of the team by the players they've left out, (Jared) Waerea-Hargreaves not making it, Adam Blair not making the squad," Farah said.
http://www.nrl.com/farah-relishes-rare-tussle-with-benji/tabid/10874/newsid/70185/default.aspx

Comes to Tigers - counts cash - has bitch of a season - misses semi finals - watches ex team mates win premiership - counts cash - misses Test match selection....

Was excellent against Melbourne in final round. Lifted against old team but that only highlighted how much he bludged the rest of the season. I can't abide by bludgers on a football field in any grade in any competition let alone at the pinnacle of first grade. Merkin.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
a year of bludging and being shown up in the areas of heart, balls, care, will, performance and stats by Fulton who is considered to be much less talented.

If Blair worked as hard as Fulton all year, we would have performed better.

Instead he was a sieve in defence and non existant for the majority of the year in attack.

DanOz

Juniors
I totally agree with this. He needs to step up next year or be shown the door. He has so much potential and I do feel that he has a viable excuse for not living up to the $500k a year...however next year no excuses.

I just don't think you can write someone off after just one year, especially if the whole team is under performing with no solid halves combination

The whole team were not underperformimg. Woods and Ryan played out of their skin, well above their pay grades, and Farah and Fulton played as well as they are expected to. How do you justify only 7 hit ups per game as Blair did on a number of occasions? Not to mention the missed tackles and penalties conceded.

When Blair first came onto the scene he seemed to me to be a lot bigger making him more effective,now he looks leaner, probably fitter but is less effective in A & D.

Latest posts