What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair

Tigers Tale

Juniors
In his defence the Manly player was holding Blair's jumper as he was driving through. I thought it looked worse than it was and the Manly player contributed to it. I reckon he has an excuse....

Clifferd

Coach
13 runs for 91 metres I think I saw.

Atleast he's getting more involved this year...still hard to comment on due to the fact pretty much the whole team played like busted assholes. He definitely wasnt our worst though..

innsaneink

Referee
What was that penalty midfield - midway thru the first half?
High shot??

Looked like he thought to himself, "I'll just bitchslap you as you run past me"
Tackle him ffs!

Pathetic

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/go...rward-adam-blair/story-fndv39ms-1226639947116

Another wake call perhaps?

GORDEN Tallis has taken aim at Adam Blair, accusing the Wests Tigers forward of being an overpaid player who is not putting in.

In an extraordinary attack on Triple M following the Tigers' capitulation to the Sharks, Tallis blasted the Kiwi international by claiming he was being outplayed by players on half his wage.

Tallis said it was time for Blair to deliver on a promise he made to perform for the Tigers when he joined from the Melbourne Storm last season on a deal reportedly worth $600,000 a year.

"Adam Blair has won grand finals, he has played internationals and he has won a World Cup," Tallis said.

"I read an article where he was going to the Wests Tigers with him saying he was like a caged lion (at Melbourne) and that he could start playing football now.

"He sat on the left-hand edge outside Benji (during the Sharks game). He is big, he is strong, he has great footwork and an offload. He needs to get in the middle and give us something.

"He is one of the highest paid Wests Tigers players. He has asked for that money and if you are prepared to take that money, put out your hand and watch your bank account grow every week, you have to be prepared to put your body on the line."

Tallis said the big-money recruit was being outplayed by lesser lights such as Eddy Pettybourne. The former Queensland Origin star said he would have been able to dismiss the performance if it was a one-off, but he suggested it was an all too frequent display from Blair.

"If he went in there and had 15 hit-ups ... like Pettybourne did, it would be OK," Tallis said. "You would know he was having a dig. Somedays you go to the office and you do your job better than others. It is the same with footy. Some days you go out there and try really hard and you don't make a break and you miss tackles.

"But he isn't putting in the effort that some of the teammates around him, on half his money, are."

Tallis continued his attack on Blair during an interview with Tigers coach Mick Potter moments after the match.

"I feel a bit sorry for you because some of your bigger names (didn't perform)," Tallis said.

"Especially Adam Blair. For a guy that has played at the highest level, he should be in there having 20 hit-ups.

"Aaron Woods is having 20 hit-ups and some of the other guys are being aggressive, but I actually feel sorry for some coaches because some players won't have a go."

Potter defended Blair.

"I think you are being a bit hard on Adam," Potter said.

"Adam played 80 and contributed as much as he could. The reason we lost is that we weren't catching kicks. The reason we lost is defensively they were allowed too many metres. We would defend a couple of plays and then they would roll us down the field."

Juniors
Any coach has to defend his player from the media but if Potters comments are serious we are in huge trouble.

You can understand Potter not buying into the debate about Blair,privately he may agree with Tallis but any issue a coach has with a player should be aired between them personally before ever being made public,failing to do this only loses the respect and stability of the team.

Yep,best part of million dollars for two players going very ordinary on the field whose contracts are effecting the promotion of other players due to salary cap limits.

Tallis being brutally honest, fair but honest.
His lack of effort has been nothing short of disgusting since he arrived.
Woods should pull him aside at training, flog the piss out of him and teach him something about heart and determination.

Cant wait till Blair, Moltzen and Marshall are gone. No heart between them.
Farkers.

hutch

First Grade
Why would you prefer Marshall to be gone? Wouldn't you prefer that he found the form he was on only 2 years which put him in the top echelon of nrl players? Players go through slumps, players with class come out of the other side. Marshall is a damn important player for our club over the next few years. We need backrowers, a halfback and centres. We don't need to lose a five eighth who is one of the clubs greats and still has a few good years ahead of him. He's 28, not 38 ffs..

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Why would you prefer Marshall to be gone? Wouldn't you prefer that he found the form he was on only 2 years which put him in the top echelon of nrl players? Players go through slumps, players with class come out of the other side. Marshall is a damn important player for our club over the next few years. We need backrowers, a halfback and centres. We don't need to lose a five eighth who is one of the clubs greats and still has a des good years ahead of him. He's 28, not 38 ffs..

Agreed but he has to show some form. His effort Friday night was atrocious as well.

I don't expect brilliance every game but I expect effort and controlled footy. Run the ball, make the right play, defend well and get involved.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Why would you prefer Marshall to be gone? Wouldn't you prefer that he found the form he was on only 2 years which put him in the top echelon of nrl players? Players go through slumps, players with class come out of the other side. Marshall is a damn important player for our club over the next few years. We need backrowers, a halfback and centres. We don't need to lose a five eighth who is one of the clubs greats and still has a few good years ahead of him. He's 28, not 38 ffs..

So you would sign him up for five years then, would you?

BrotherJim05

Bench
The only reason I actually don't mind Adam Blair at the moment IS HE DOESN'T GET f**kING INJURED ALL THE TIME.

Then I stopped and think...hmm he never gets injured. BECAUSE HE'S A GUTLESS MERKIN.

As for Benji, yes he is important but what if you could get all the Burgess brothers for the same price? Hell, what if you could get the likes of Tahmoa or Grant or Luke Lewis?
I know we they are not off contract but players of the same calibre.

Wait a second, what if we got rid of Blair, Anasta and Marshall and spent all this money on forwards? Do you think Sironen and Brooks would be able to form a combination with a forward pack this brutal?

Pipe dreams

hutch

First Grade
So you would sign him up for five years then, would you?

I wouldn't sign anyone for a 5 year deal, but I am not conplaining if he is there for 3 more years before reassessing. I would gladly get rid of Blair tomorrow, he is barely reserve grade standard.

T.T

Juniors
i have been watching blair quite closely the past few games.. its hard to tell if he is just lazy, unfit, lacking talent or a combination of all 3. sometimes it appears that he is just looking for a shortcut especially in defence, comes in 3rd man and lays on top to make it look like he made a tackle? he never backs up on the inside when defending which has caused several breaks up the middle.. and always walks after making a 'hit up'

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I wouldn't sign anyone for a 5 year deal, but I am not conplaining if he is there for 3 more years before reassessing. I would gladly get rid of Blair tomorrow, he is barely reserve grade standard.

He is still under contract until the end of 2014. Given his current form, why would you even consider extending his contract? Shouldn't you have to perform to get a new contract?

JoeyFish

Juniors
There is only one issue with blair... No Cronk, Smith or Slater setting him up, or running off him making him look good. He is an average player who excelled in a club with superstars and everyone else doing a job for the team. At the tigers he is asked to be a leader something which he obviously can't do. His stats speak for themselves. Meant to be an attacking player but has played 80 minutes in the last 4 games except one (against Bulldogs he played 60) and managed one offload in that! And he reached 10 hitups once! Maybe we should put him on the bench (I know our numbers are low) and try and play him more attacking. I would be happy to see him trying to force an offload because at least then he is trying! Tedesco might have something to work with then also

Latest posts