What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Cuthbertson signs on for 3 years

billy2

Juniors
Small article in the Tele today said it wasn't official, but would be announced by the end of the week.

Frederick

Staff member
Now we are complete. Goodbye deadwood, hello potential premiership-winning squad :)

Silent Knight

First Grade
Now we are complete. Goodbye deadwood, hello potential premiership-winning squad :)

Goodbye Shannon McDonnell...hello Darius Boyd

Goodbye Dan Tolar...hello Kade Snowden

Goodbye Cameron Ciraldo...hello Adam Cuthbertson

To sum it up...F*** YEAH!

billy2

Juniors
apparently Mika is tweeting goodbye to Newcastle too.
(I wouldn't know how to find a link, but it's being reported on the HullKR forum.)

Probably means we could sign Cuthbo because Mika found a new club.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Knights sign Adam Cuthbertson

ROBERT DILLON
26 Oct, 2011 03:53 PM

THE Newcastle Knights have signed representative forward Adam Cuthbertson to a three-year contract.It is understood Cuthbertson sealed the deal today and has been looking at property in Newcastle.
The former Manly, Cronulla and St George Illawarra back-rower represented City Origin this year and has played in 84 NRL games.
Knights forward Con Mika has agreed to a two-year deal with Hull KR.
LINK

Yosh

Coach
Cool. It's good to see our plans coming together nicely. Actually it just feels good to know we even have a plan... I still have nightmares about losing BK and signing Ryenoldson because there was no one else..

Allstar Knights

Juniors
He'll get a spot on the bench I'd say, but I think he'll need to work for it as some of our depth ie Tetevano, Cook and maybe even a McKinnon or Tahu, are all FG quality players who could easily replace him if he's not pulling his weight.

A great signing though. He's had some awesome games for the Dragons this year.

aqua_duck

Coach
He's the type of off loading impact forward we've been longing for. It gives our pack a nice balance

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Knights sign Cuthbertson

26/10/2011 4:04:33 PM

The Newcastle Knights have today secured the signature of forward Adam Cuthbertson on a three-year contract.

Cuthbertson, who has previously played at Manly, Cronulla and St. George, is looking forward to calling Newcastle home.

“I have moved around the last few years, which wasn’t in my plans so it is exciting to sign a three-year deal with the Knights and to put all my energy into this Club,” the 26-year old said.

“There were many aspects that made the decision right to come to the Knights, including Wayne (Bennett) who helped turn my career around.
“This Club has great support and this region love their rugby league so it will be great to be apart of it.”

Cuthbertson, who was selected in the City Origin team last season, will be a valuable addition to the Knights forward pack.

"Adam is a natural ball player who has the ability to change the course of a game through his unique skill set,” CEO Matthew Gidley said.

“He will add further genuine NRL experience to our 2012 squad and Adam’s versatility is also a valuable attribute in the modern game.”
Cuthbertson will commence preseason training with the Knights on Monday November 7.
LINK

Yosh

Coach
He is 26 and hopefully coming into his prime. Hopefully we get the best years out of him and he gets 3 or 4 premierships in return.

Watching Man City taking the Premier League by storm, I am convinced we'll do the same.

Spot On

Coach
He's the type of off loading impact forward we've been longing for. It gives our pack a nice balance

Bingo. Totally agree. He was a standout v the Broncs in their semi clash. Played enormous. Hope we get that sort of thing from him.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
tbh used correctly I reckon Cuthbo goes allright.

Try and turn him into a grinder prop does not work.

Latest posts