What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Dykes

Special K

Coach
ffs in his last year with us he played for Australia and got man of the match in origin. Clearly he has more talent still at around 30 then Mellor and Nick have put together :?

McKenna said he would be back one day and I'd love him back at our club.

Nuffs

Bench
:lol: :lol:

i'll put my balls on the line and say that mckenna will be a shark in 2006

UNLESS...and its a big unless

gold coast get a start in the 2006 comp

then he'll get another retirement package at their club

2006 might be a bit late for McKenna from our end of the bargain

BTW Nuffs I wasnt suggesting you were wrong or your source dodgy...thats obviously not the case - I just didnt mention you in case you didnt want the tip plastered all over the forum.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Remember when McKenna's brother used to post on the old O.F .......

Wonder if he's still around somewhere??

Nuffs

Bench
it's cool, SS. just releasing my scoop for the year

hopefully if it does turn out wrong (it's still a long way off), everyone would have forgotten about it by then

and why is everyone saying put him in the backrow?

put him at centre and finally get some good defence out wide

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Regarding Triesters offer to play for free, how does the salary cap work in taking a nominal value from previous seasons payments? Could the club pay him some small amount like $10K a season? Any chance something like this could happen next yr?
I'd love to see Treister and Sully rotating at hooker.

And regarding all those other players, would love to see them back if they are willing to play for such small amounts as Beeker suggests.

Generalzod

Immortal
Hulka said:
McKenna would be the only one I'd have back. Work on his speed and have him as a 2nd rower. f***ing rock in defence and would fix our problems on the edges.

Mckenna was our teams greatest loss.................

beekershark

Bench
The nominal value system is in there to stop a player, say Freddy, retiring this year, then, the roosters have a terrible injury run, and so freddy says, hey, i'll play for nothin !. It would make the cap obsolete as players would just "retire" and come back for nix.

Or the club would pay them $300,000 in their "last"season, then they play next year for free.

Under the cap, a player is valued as a percent of what they last recieved whilst playing first grade.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The comment about players playing for free is wrong.
Players cant play for free, but they can play for match payments as long as they are signed somewhere else.
ben Ikin $300 per match with the Broncs.

Shark

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
The comment about players playing for free is wrong.
Players cant play for free, but they can play for match payments as long as they are signed somewhere else.
ben Ikin $300 per match with the Broncs.

So, in our hypothetical situation with Dean then Reefy...

Would it work if he was signed with Newtown and playing for us on match payments?

I assume Ikin is linked to Brisbane from the Clydesdales or something.

Latest posts