What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Dykes

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Can't say I am a Dykes fan.

If he is wearing blue, black and white I will support him.

I would not be suprised if he spends a lot of time in reggies, and ends up being BK's fill in should he be injuried or selected for rep stuff.

Time will tell.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Right beeker. Value a current first grade 150 game, 5/8th leading the try assists & trys total, in a team running close to last.
you value him as the lowest paid player in our club, who pays the lowest amount for players, of any club.

Go have a swim.

beekershark

Bench
Reefman, if dykes comes to us and plays like a $200K 5/8 , I will be over the moon, it would be like having scott hill partner nod in the havles. BUt on current form, he aint even close to a $200 p year player.

NOt many players are getting paid that kind of money anymore mate, 20% max I wuld guess.

McSharkie said:
I heard that We were paying him $150k a year and Parra were paying $100k.

I heard he's currently on $250k AT Parra, Sharks are offering $150k for 2 years, so Parra would have to pay the $100k to make up the difference for Dykes' remain year of his Parra contract.

Macca

Coach
Bastard_Squad said:
McSharkie said:
I heard that We were paying him $150k a year and Parra were paying $100k.

I heard he's currently on $250k AT Parra, Sharks are offering $150k for 2 years, so Parra would have to pay the $100k to make up the difference for Dykes' remain year of his Parra contract.

We heard the same thing then.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It s irrelevant what you think or the Sharks think he is worth.

If he was on the market, which clubs would be looking for a 5/8th of Dykes ability?
heaps. Even the Broncos.

You pay market value & you get market value.

You just want to make sure you are on the market at the right time.

& seeing he was under contract for 200k next year to the eels, I dont see why he would take a pay cut to the amount of playing 2 years for free for the sharks.

tUp

----
I can see why...play for parra or the sharks???? I'd say its an easy choice!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

beekershark

Bench
Ummm, you think that dykes on approx $66K per year would be the lowest paid player in our club ?

You really are a long distance from reality aren't you ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sideline Eye

Juniors
$200,00 per year!
But I can't see why they would offer him a 3 year contract.
It would give the young halves coming thru a nice feeling! (NOT)

beekershark

Bench
Also, Dykes wasn't on the market reefy. The sharks are the onyl club that, due to his ties with the club and contacts, heard he was unhappy, either from him direct, or on the grapevine, and came up with an offer to the eels to release him.

Market Value is the price paid, and the sharks were the only bidders, so infact reefy,what the sharks think he is worth is VERY relevant.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
at 66k per year Dykes would be the lowest paid player in our top 20, which he will be part of.

Your the one away from reality as demonstrated today across numerous threads.

beekershark

Bench
Thats bloody steep Sideline, bloody steep indeed.

I'm not at all happy with that, like i said above, if he plays like a $200K a year 5/8 we'll be laughing, but if you say thats what we are paying, I really have to question the negotiation our club entered into.

tUp

----
so it 200k per year, meh. hope he plays well, im happy to have him back.

Latest posts