What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Gilchrist is boring

Craig

Juniors
The way he bats. No elegance, no bueaty in the way he bats. Just bash bash bash.

I prefer elegance over bashers of the ball. I actually sometimes turn the TV off when he bats, and I would rather watch Mark Waugh, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid bat then Gilchrist. I'm not saying he isnt a good player because he is.

I'm not talking about strike rates, yet some fool will post in here and go on about it. I can assure you of that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think you will have a lot of opposition to this one.

Gilly in full flight is wonderful to watch, IMO.

tigermite

Juniors
There's nothing better than watching a batsmen smash the ball the way Gilly does. To take up the attack whatever the bowling is like, to hit balls to the boundary that probably shouldn't be hit at all, to hear the crack of the ball on the willow... I could go on, but I won't. Whilst graceful batting is good too, you can't go past Gillys style.... it is exciting because anything can, and probably will happen. Oh, and I love seeing the ball being absolutely belted....

Kasper

Bench
LOL@ Craig, the way he is just out to make enemies and start fights is awesome. Love your work mate.

BTW Gilly is the best one day player in the world.

ozbash

Referee
thats a pretty big call craig, i would rate gilly as one of the best players in the game at the moment.

and i,m a kiwi. :roll:

Rustay

Juniors
Gilchrist and boring dont usually go in the same sentence. :shock: He is my favourite player to watch simply because he is far from boring. Last nights innings was great while it lasted. Everyone has there own opinion i suppose, but i never thought id hear that one.

Matt23

Staff member
Gilchrist is boring & Laxman's better to watch? :lol:
Craig you might yet be destined for a career as a major comic talent :clap:

Anonymous

Juniors
Gilchrist is one of the boringest and ugliest batsman I have ever seen. I don't know what's exciting about him mixing up the off-side slash with the leg-side slog. I can't think of anyone I like watching less.

Proper cricket fans enjoy proper batting.

Matt23

Staff member
Really this quite a rediculous thread...define proper batting :roll:

ozbash

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
Gilchrist is one of the boringest and ugliest batsman I have ever seen. I don't know what's exciting about him mixing up the off-side slash with the leg-side slog. I can't think of anyone I like watching less.

lol,,you are learning real quick hairy thenry..
onya mate :D

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I enjoy boundaries. Gilchrist hits them, better than most.
I enjoy his batting he scores runs is that not the point?
I enjoy it when McGrath gets a single.

To be remembered Thierry is prepared to compare Kallis with Sobers and then sprout "proper cricket fans enjoy proper batting". :roll:

You people talk like 172 of 126 balls is a bad thing :?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Thierry Henry said:

Well that's it guys, according to this f**kwit, we are not proper cricket fans.

Craig

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Laxman? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He only pops singles.

When you taken your Australian coloured glasses off and you will show you nothing little, you find heh its quite a few boundries.

Laxman is elegant, Gilchrist isnt.

Latest posts