What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam MacDougall says Brian Smith not to blame for Knights' poor effort

Pika

Bench
yeah... i really don't know how many years i've had to sit here and really question our conditioning staff.. but year after year i find myself absolutely dumbfounded at the injuries we seem to cop that just devastate our team. it's not the 3 - 4 weekers that worry me so much... it's the season enders. you also look at a bloke like tolar who at first should have only missed 4 - 6 weeks... and we haven't seen him since the start of the year.

look at BK for example... couldn't avoid injury to save his life at newcastle... goes to manly, barely misses a game and becomes a club legend.

every time i bring it up someone comes in and tells me we have the best conditioning staff... it's all science... etc etc... but it just seems to me that it happens far too often to be coincidence. maybe we just have a knack of signing a glut of injury prone players?

I can only comment on the current conditioning team, not that in the past, but what injury are you eferring to that was any way avoidable or somehow responsible to the conditioning staff?

Tolar - Broken knee cap in a tackle and an infection in the bone. I cant see how the conditioning staff can either strehgthen his knee or prevent a collision.

Cross - Ruptured bicep. See above

Jim Mac - Rolled ankle. See above

Patto - Depression. See above

House - Cartliage in the knee. See above

Accidents at training, torn hamstrings and the like are the only thing that can be pinned on conditioning staff.

Any injury caused by impact is considered unavoidable.

I am wondering which injuries you are referring to mate?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Most people who havnt been involved in a sporting teams support staff have a misconception that the "conditioning staff" are responsible for any and all injuries that occur to players. Conditioners are there to make the players robust when it comes to repetitive use injuries but as Pika has already explained, injuries caused by impact cant be strengthened against.

perverse

Referee
i guess i'm just looking for someone to blame. surely a knne infection that has caused this much issue could have been avoided? an extra prop would be worth his weight in gold at the moment.

having said that, i don't know why timmy hasn't gotten a run lately.

Karmawave

Bench
A few people at the Knights used to have a belief training methods in the past were causing injuries, but not really anymore.

Adrian Brough's introduction to the club was a major part in rectifying that.

Latest posts