What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Reynolds

BranVan3000

Coach
Williams is very impressive

Reynolds is at his best when he is calm and playing smart mistake free footy. I think he will be the less dominant of our halves combo next year when Keary comes into first grade.

Red Bear

Referee
It's nice to see a few decent halves coming through, thought there was a real drought a few years back so to have Reynolds, Williams, DCE etc all young and impressive footballers is great for the game

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Both 7's were great last night. Well played to them both. Sam Williams has been very good over the last few months in particular.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
He has an amazingly good kicking game- long kicks, bombs, getting repeat sets, goal kicking- and shows fantastic vision with kicks in broken play as well, like the Everingham try last night.

Despite this, as has been well documented, he literally has hardly put anyone into a hole with a pass all season. Can a player really get by over the course of his career with such a limited game?

It's weird though, as you would assume a player who shows such vision with his kicking would be able to put people into holes with passes as well. Why can he put through all those brilliant attacking kicks under pressure yet can't perform the simple task of passing to a man in space? You'd assume with such a composed player that would eventually come.

AnfieldIron

Juniors
His kicking game is phenomenal.

He has an amazing ability on the last tackle to slow things down and take exactly the right option - whether that's a grubber into the in-goal or a big bomb to his outside men. And whatever option he takes, he does it with precision.

As others have said though, he definitely doesn't have the ability yet to really grab a game by the scruff of the neck and change it, like a DCE or a Thurston can do. Hopefully that comes with time.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The more I hear and see of Luke Keary the more I think he is the perfect halves partner for Reynolds. Compliments his strengths perfectly. Cannot wait to see him play with the big boys in next years trials.

Glen

Bench
You don't even show up to finals games, don't pretend you're going to a trial

Galeforce

Bench
I think folks should consider his strengths and what he does and not what he does not do.
a) he did not make any mistakes
b) his defence was sound
c) his backup play was great resulting in the first try
d) he set up two tries with smart thinking kicking not "hail mary" kicks
e) his goal kicking was almost perfect
f) he did not HOG the ball or run around in circles without a result
g) he is a TEAM player and plays to his strengths and supports his team to do what he does not.

How folks can discuss what he did not do when he just played a great game and his team won well is beyond me.

NAS

Juniors
Compare Reynolds to his peers at the same time in their careers and he stacks up pretty favorably, Johns and Thurston included. I think people need to realize that Daly Cherry Evans is the exception, not the rule.

Glen

Bench
I think folks should consider his strengths and what he does and not what he does not do.
b) his defence was sound
g) he is a TEAM player and plays to his strengths and supports his team to do what he does not.

How folks can discuss what he did not do when he just played a great game and his team won well is beyond me.
I don't disagree with most of that, but the first try he set up was him getting caught on the last, running back and forth and putting in a rubbish kick, which the bogan somehow missed.

The kick for Everingham's try was class

KiamaSaint

Coach
When the time comes, Williams and Reynolds in the halves for NSW may eventually break our drought, I can't see our current halves pairing doing it.

RWB

Bench
b) his defence was sound

So don't pose any questions or discuss his limitations as a player because he played well? :?

Porkie

Juniors
Good organiser. No nonsense link man. Reliable defence. Great kicker in all styles. Can follow a game plan and will improve rapidly. Looks like he is doing a job that Maguire wants at this stage of his development. There will be other strings to his bow next year. Cronk, Thurston, Prince were all behind him at this age.

He is the complete package for a halfback. Anyone saying he is just a kicker is either in denial, doesn't know much about the game, or hasn't watched much of Souths this year. In any case, they are wrong.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
Good organiser. No nonsense link man. Reliable defence. Great kicker in all styles. Can follow a game plan and will improve rapidly. Looks like he is doing a job that Maguire wants at this stage of his development. There will be other strings to his bow next year. Cronk, Thurston, Prince were all behind him at this age.

He is the complete package for a halfback. Anyone saying he is just a kicker is either in denial, doesn't know much about the game, or hasn't watched much of Souths this year. In any case, they are wrong.

Agreed, plays to his strengths, the coach has given him a game plan and he sticks to it. I would imagine with another pre season, more confidence in his knee, we will see more of his running game. which when he has applied it has looked good

Noa

First Grade
I like Reynolds and think he has more to his game then he's showing atm.

But I do like the look of Keary, looks quicker better passing game and quality kicking game and wonder if he'll be the better option long term.

I know you can split them but I'm sure Madge would rather a left and right foot kicker on either side ( not sure what foot Keary kicks with).

BunniesMan

Immortal
I like Reynolds and think he has more to his game then he's showing atm.

But I do like the look of Keary, looks quicker better passing game and quality kicking game and wonder if he'll be the better option long term.

I know you can split them but I'm sure Madge would rather a left and right foot kicker on either side ( not sure what foot Keary kicks with).
It doesn't have to be one or the other. There's room for both in the team. Depending on how Keary goes in next years trials he could line up next to Reynolds in the regular season.

natheel

Coach
You always see young blokes caught up in the hype and let it get to their heads but there have only been a handful who have been able to take it in their stride and remain calm and level headed

Mortimer in 09
Cherry Evans 11
Reynolds 12

Latest posts