What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adelaide Bears - Is Adelaide the right fit for Norths?

Perth Red

Post Whore
CQ Capras are linked with the Dolphins
Second tier Clubs change their allegiances regularly.
This could all be a moot point anyway if the NRl reintroduces a reserve grade.

Last time Perth brought a team in we literally signed dozens and dozens of players, brought them over and spread them throughout the WARL clubs plus our own reserve and Jnr grades. That would be another, all be it more expensive, option.

Centy Coast

Juniors
For now, but how many contracted NRL players are allocated to them?

The Capras have always struggled to get NRL clubs to send fringe players to Rockhampton to play for them. A Perth team could solve this problem.
The Dolphins have roughly half of their unused played split between Redcliffe and the Capras and now they also have the Norths Devils on Board.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I totally understand your point, but this is an issue for any out of NSW/QLD team though (the Storm, the Warriors etc.) so its got some precedent.

Also this would be just as much of a problem for Norths, so how do you think they would magically solve it?
That’s why the Bears have stated their non negotiables and any team would do the same (which is what I am saying). Newtown not so much as they only want to survive for fear that the Sharks may one day have their own reserve grade side but I can’t really see that happening anytime soon as that would cost money and stretch Cronullas resources to their maximum limit.

siv

First Grade
All I’ve heard for years is how jnrs in the north sydney area disappeared and the area became afl. Now you’re telling us it’s got amazing pathways? Which is it?
bears, jets, Mounties, Newtown and Blacktown would all be possible nsw options for a pirates partnership. Another 7 or so possible in qrl cup. We have options.
Dont think so

We have seen Norths-Brisbane re-align with Redcliffe only to see the Broncos canabilise the Gold Coast and align with Burleigh

The quicker we get NRL RG the better

AdelaideRLFC

Juniors
Adelaide on the other hand has no local bid team, it does have a declining population and is not necessarily crying out for a local team but is still one of Australia's major centres and would get a decent level of local support, add to that I do think the NRL needs an Adelaide team to have a comp which feels truly national.
The sponsorship that Norths would bring to the table would complement input from local sponsorship to make it commercially viable.
Adelaide has a declining population? Since when?

The SA government and the NRL have more than enough recourses to pay for our own franchise. We don't need the North Sydney Bears to relocate. Unlike the Jets they seem far too keen on maintaining the NSW connection.

Until the Bears actively say, "We want to become the Adelaide team" then they can stay in the state cup.

Could be a great 2nd Vic club tho.

Pippen94

First Grade
Adelaide has a declining population? Since when?

The SA government and the NRL have more than enough recourses to pay for our own franchise. We don't need the North Sydney Bears to relocate. Unlike the Jets they seem far too keen on maintaining the NSW connection.

Until the Bears actively say, "We want to become the Adelaide team" then they can stay in the state cup.

Could be a great 2nd Vic club tho.

Adelaide is nothing. Go away

MugaB

Coach
Adelaide is the capital of South Australia. We deserve a team in the NRL.
You sound like a whining pom... by that metric we should have 5 Victorian teams even before Adelaide gets a look in, no one deserves a team... make a better bid than the clubs who are bidding, then you can stack up your case for a club in SA... to me the clubs that deserve a 1st grade NRL side are the ones who are playing the game at lower levels and are competing at a higher level than sg ball, if you cant show that then there's no point in dots on a map approach