What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adelaide Pandas NRL Bid News

Click to become a free member of the Adelaide Pandas

• Click for a free membership

Votes: 62 81.6%
  • Click for a free membership

Votes: 14 18.4%

• Total voters

sheepbender

Juniors
I assume your meaning all junior clubs in QLD, cos they wouldnt do a shit load in the Q Cup..
I lol'ed at the "tribal ink grip", I would love to see a club with that...

So how many numbers have we got, 2-3??

You need a way of commiting people to a purchase, with a deposit or something, there has to be an online thing that you can set up for free, that allows people to deposit a sum to your account, registers their name, number, address and email, so theyre in some way binded to the purchase. And then you can send an email reminding to pay the rest of the sum once the order is confirmed at a suitable price.

What would this be called? Someone do some googlin..

kdalymc

Bench
Yeah sorry, junior qrl.
Only 2or 3? I thought there was heaps keen.
Well I dunno if many will be keen at 150 each but try struddys or I think kooga do em 50-60 bucks.
merkins just buy one.. It's a sweet jersey, pay up!! Ha

sheepbender

Juniors
or one of those Kickstarter things, whether it applies to this sort of thing I dont know.. But set a minimum deposit amount and a target sum. People register their details. And when the target is reached, the jerseys are made and then sent out to the addresses..

sheepbender

Juniors
See a lot of people are keen, but we've no way to register the numbers & update them if they don't visit this thread. There are people keen & those that are just "keen" in the moment, but won't actually buy one. I'm happy to pay $25 to register my interest & others would be too, we just need a proper way of doing it.

The Great Dane

First Grade
See a lot of people are keen, but we've no way to register the numbers & update them if they don't visit this thread. There are people keen & those that are just "keen" in the moment, but won't actually buy one. I'm happy to pay $25 to register my interest & others would be too, we just need a proper way of doing it.

Kickstarter is all I can think of, but there may be a few problems with us going though them, the biggest is that you have to set a cash target when we really need a product target.

I would also be happy to pay $25 to register my interest

I'm buying two.

simo, put me down for two definites, mate. I am 100% in.

As soon as you have enough to justify putting money down then let me know and I'll have it straight into your account or whatever.

Just to re-iterate: I am 100% in for 2 jerseys.

On a side note, do we have an absolutely 100% finalised design that we can see on GAZF's 3D dummy? I'm buying the jersey anyways but just thought it would be nice to have a look.

sheepbender

Juniors
Kickstarter is all I can think of, but there may be a few problems with us going though them, the biggest is that you have to set a cash target when we really need a product target.

I would also be happy to pay $25 to register my interest

Simo said the jerseys would be $25 each if the the right amount of people are interested. Or was it a minimum of 25 orders. Either way, that would be the $$$ target, whatever the cost is..

sheepbender

Juniors
Righto should've just looked, $60 each with a minimum order of 25, so a cash target of $1500. Everyone who wants one pays in full. Set a 2 month target date

GAZF

First Grade
On a side note, do we have an absolutely 100% finalised design that we can see on GAZF's 3D dummy? I'm buying the jersey anyways but just thought it would be nice to have a look.

Sorry guys, been busy at work. I've been getting home and going straight to bed. I have Sunday off so I will do it then.

GAZF

First Grade
Adelaide-Pandas_2c.gif

Adelaide-Pandas3.jpg

sheepbender

Juniors
Righto, so Ive been looking at ways we can do this.

The problem with Kickstarter type things, is that theres no minimum outlay of $$$, you can throw on a $1. Im assuming this, as I havent looked in depth haha.. But if thats the case, we might get a lot of people from around the world throwing cash on this, even if we have a limit of how much is to be raised, people that put $5 in, shouldnt recieve a jersey, when someone that puts $50 in does.

The other way is we just use Paypal.

But I think we really need to have a register of everyones interest, so we have a concrete number of jersey orders. Is there a way of doing this, Ive been trying to think of the right wording to search on google, and its just not coming to me.

Unless we do a Kickstarted thing, and make up some story about how we're fund raising for a youth team, that way maybe no one has to pay for the jersey haha.. People from around the country/world do it for us..

It looks to be a complicated process either way, cos if we dont have the numbers for orders, theres not enough money to get the jerseys made, or the cost per jersey is too much. If we fund raise, we'll have too many investors and not enough jerseys.

Someone needs to come up with a solution..

Here are the websites that I found, that are like Kickstarter

pozible.com.au
invested.in
indiegogo.com
rockethub.com

Last edited:

sheepbender

Juniors
In regards to Paypal, once we know how much a full order of say, 25 jerseys is, say $1500. Thats $60 a jersey. We put a link to paypal here and on facebook and maybe a thread in the NRL forum to pay the money, itd be a first in first served basis. And once the full amount is paid, then Simo orders the jerseys. Itll be a slow process and require a bit of patience, but itd get it done I guess..