What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adelaide Rams Bid

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I'm sure Hindmarsh would have money poured into it if a Rams team was joining the comp. Don't know if there are better spots for a new ground (closer to the city centre perhaps?) that League and Soccer could share. Could be cheaper than redeveloping an old stadium which would still constantly need money plowed into it.

Yeah you'd like to think that, long term, they'd build a mid-sized football stadium opposite the redeveloped Adelaide Oval, something the same size as the MFS.

Myles Stedman

Juniors
Hell no. No-one cares about rugby in Adelaide, or in SA for that matter. There's a lot of better places a franchise could go

undertaker

Coach
Here's the only highlights of the Adelaide Rams from their heyday on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xvgW0MiTKw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmNK2q3ch6A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfuu4W-qMYo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYZ2yRpIc38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Z50WMavl4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHr3EU2LeZU

And yes, with Perth, Central Coast, 2nd QLD side and a 2nd NZ side the frontrunner contenders for expansion teams in 2018, Adelaide won't be on the NRL's agenda for at least another 2-3 tv rights (i.e. 10-15 years).

Western_Eel

Juniors
I don't know if this is already the case but the NRL should fund the Juniors so that kids don't need to pay to Play RL in SA

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yep totally agree. Costs around $120 for a kid to play in WA, should be free. ARL should have a national public liability and personal injury insurance scheme for all clubs, a national kit deal so clubs can get kits dead cheap and a club grants development scheme.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Yep totally agree. Costs around $120 for a kid to play in WA, should be free. ARL should have a national public liability and personal injury insurance scheme for all clubs, a national kit deal so clubs can get kits dead cheap and a club grants development scheme.
$120 is way too much money

Colk

First Grade
Wish that was the case. Given recent progressions for Adelaide's NRL entry with the SA government now getting involved I would say by the end of the 2020's

What are you talking about? Have the SA government ever stated a desire or wish for an NRL side?

MugaB

Coach
It's a sad indictment on our sport that our game spends millions each year to prop up dead end clubs like the Sharks but let Adelaide sit empty.
Dude the nrl had to prop up the cowboys too, stone throwing to suit your narritives...
Most people thought cowboys and penrith were deadend clubs back in 2000s...
Your the most transparent moron ive ever met

Nuke

Staff member
What are you talking about? Have the SA government ever stated a desire or wish for an NRL side?
Pretty sure the SA Premier bad-mouthed Rugby League just last week for no real reason.

AdelaideRLFC

Juniors
Not publicly, but the SA sports minister's office is actively looking at the steps needed to take to develop an Adelaide NRL franchise.

At the moment our plan is to finalise a partnership with NRL SA to start a RLF club with the intention of being the "Adelaide" franchise and field a team in the S.G. Ball Cup. We want to reach the NSW cup by 2030 and play there for a few years before going for an NRL bid.

Pretty sure the SA Premier bad-mouthed Rugby League just last week for no real reason.
Haha I think it was more a dig at Sydney and how they supposedly don't care as much about sport as South Aussies do. He does not speak for all of us and there are plenty of leage lovers in Adelaide.

Colk

First Grade
Not publicly, but the SA sports minister's office is actively looking at the steps needed to take to develop an Adelaide NRL franchise.

At the moment our plan is to finalise a partnership with NRL SA to start a RLF club with the intention of being the "Adelaide" franchise and field a team in the S.G. Ball Cup. We want to reach the NSW cup by 2030 and play there for a few years before going for an NRL bid.

Haha I think it was more a dig at Sydney and how they supposedly don't care as much about sport as South Aussies do. He does not speak for all of us and there are plenty of leage lovers in Adelaide.

There you go. Thanks for the report

That’s more positive than what I had imagined. If the Perth idea gets up and it is a real boon for their state economy that could give a real kick to the idea of Adelaide

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

Shouldn't participation increase be #1 priority? It will be very hard to run an SG ball side with the number of SA jnrs at the moment.

Nuke

Staff member
Very true, and no doubt at all about the amount of League lovers in SA.
I was responding to the bit about the government being interested in an NRL side.

For many years I heard about how 'League was dead' in WA and there was no support here ... when I knew, in reality, it was quite the opposite. Hopefully League in SA is in the similar position and treading the similar footpath as WA is so that one day we're all talking about Adelaide as being the next logical place for an NRL team.

MugaB

Coach
Shouldn't participation increase be #1 priority? It will be very hard to run an SG ball side with the number of SA jnrs at the moment.
Won't matter if a bid like Easts tigers or Norths Bears offer to host all their home matches there... it will take time to produce juniors there, but since Melbourne storm aint doing much more, whats the difference i suppose

Latest posts