What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adious

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well i've had a, lets say 'colourful' career in the forum 7's but i think it's time for me to call it quits. Time has become something i find i have less of.

I'd like to thank penelope pittstop (she has a new name now but my feeble brain can't remember it) who got me into the game and selflessly directed me to the sharks.

From there, a massive thanks to big mick who helped me recruit players for the sharks team which literally fell apart around me, and for taking me on as a panther in 2006.

To my long time team mates, azkatro and leaguenut, you guys are amazing writers and i have always loved reading your work.

Thanks one and all, mostly willow for putting up with a lot of my shit over many years. I might grow up one day... Don't hold your breath though lol.

This last article has been the greatest piece i've written as it was the result of months of research, interviews and more research. It also revealed for the first time in our games history the story of one of the games first ever referees. I couldn't think of a better piece to bow out on.

Titanic, you can play 2 games next year and take the title.

Thanks all

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, if you're excessively bored, i have put all my articles from f7's into a blog. I will write articles for it occasionally, but i'll be focussing more on historical pieces.

http://andrewrlp.blogspot.com

Cheers

Titanic

First Grade
Titanic, you can play 2 games next year and take the title

Cheers old mate but long timers like you deserve to be immortalised in the top spot, I won't be doing that. I relished the mini-competition and being in the same bracket as you for as long as I was able.

Azkatro

First Grade
Unit! Is the world ending? The bloke who not only shows up to play every game no matter what, but is usually jumping in on the front foot telling us he is half finished before the match thread is even posted! I can't say enough about how much your enthusiasm drove me on mate. All of us know how hard it is from time to time to come up with ideas and you were such a big help that I even spent an entire season just stealing whatever idea you came up with and presenting it in a different way.

I'm not afraid to say that the F7's was lucky to have you around, especially given my personal opinion that a lot of refs never quite cottoned onto your style. It's a testament to your dedication and enthusiasm that you kept bouncing back no matter what. I think it's fitting that you'll be signing off with a piece that typifies what a good writer should have - not only the ability to write, but the ability to properly research a piece. For anyone else reading this I can assure you that this article has been commended by esteemed RL historians like Sean Fagan and Ian Heads, as it contains previously unrevealed info about Ted Hooper.

All the best with what will no doubt be a highly successful writing future mate.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Az, that almost brought a tear to the eye.

As you know, my time will be focussed on your awesome site :)

gorilla

First Grade
Well i've had a, lets say 'colourful' career in the forum 7's but i think it's time for me to call it quits. Time has become something i find i have less of.

I'd like to thank penelope pittstop (she has a new name now but my feeble brain can't remember it) who got me into the game and selflessly directed me to the sharks.

From there, a massive thanks to big mick who helped me recruit players for the sharks team which literally fell apart around me, and for taking me on as a panther in 2006.

To my long time team mates, azkatro and leaguenut, you guys are amazing writers and i have always loved reading your work.

Thanks one and all, mostly willow for putting up with a lot of my shit over many years. I might grow up one day... Don't hold your breath though lol.

This last article has been the greatest piece i've written as it was the result of months of research, interviews and more research. It also revealed for the first time in our games history the story of one of the games first ever referees. I couldn't think of a better piece to bow out on.

Titanic, you can play 2 games next year and take the title.

Thanks all

Good on yer madunit, great play over the years and well-respected.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not sure what to say unit. Your contributions to the F7s have been enormous and then some.

A great writer, a great team player.

Good luck in the future. I'm sure you'll be a success at whatever you put your hand to.

Hope you hang around, change your mind or just be part of the competition is some shape or form.

Hallatia

Referee
Sad to see that you're leaving the forum 7s unit:(. You have produced some of the most enjoyable pieces I have had the joy of reading and it was pleasure playing alongside you in reps, especially for New Zealand.

Congrats on a wonderful forum 7s career:clap::clap::clap:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
cheers all for the kind words.

I used to love playing against Bluebags the most, their quality always made you want to bring our your best work everytime.

And I used to love being refereed by gorilla. He doesn't hand out big scores at the drop of a hat, so to get a score over 86 from him meant a heap to me.

Think I only ever managed that once lol

Big Mick

Referee
I wanted to let this stew for a bit before writing as I can't really express into words how much Unit means to me as a teammate and friend.

He's always been a fantastic writer and someone I looked up to all throughout the competition's life.

I jumped at the chance to have him play for the Panthers as I felt with such a quality writer to go along with Leaguenut and Az we'd be set.

From there the team blossomed under his leadership and enthusiasm. I agree with everything Az has said that he is always the life of the locker room and without him it just wont be the same.

Unit you'll be successful in whatever you do, and the last article you wrote shows how you have a serious side as well as your comical side. I've been proud to have you as a teammate and a friend and hope to continue the friendship beyond Sevens.

Well done mate.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i dont often comment on F7's matters, i dont really feel its my place but i couldnt help to on this occasion

Kudos to unit, as a young bloke really into it at the time, Unit was a great source of inspiration and a joy to read. I have always enjoyed your work, and my limited contribution to F7's was enhanced thanks to you

A real loss to the competition

Jesbass

First Grade
Sorry to see you go, madunit. I hope you find a way to stick around, even in a limited capacity, as a player or a referee. You're an asset to the game.

Latest posts