What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adjustments for 2007.

Avenger

Immortal
This is just my opinion. I want some serious debate here. (Its nothing personal) :)

1. Hayne to play fullback, Burt to never see that jumper again. He is OK on the wing though.

2. Ben Smith to vacate the centre position. He is too slow and his agility is poor for a centre. Inu to be groomed in his position.

3. Finch to be the obvious 5/8th. Tim Smith to start at halfback and be given about 5 games to perform. If not then give Blake or that new boy Moloney a go.

4. Stop the PJ at no 14 crap. We are a much better side with him at dummy half. He is simply too good to start from the bench.

5. Start Mateo on the bench.

mickdo

Coach
Agree with all except PJ. I still like him off the bench, but I think he just needs to be in the game longer

PARRA_FAN

Coach
1. agree, although Burt wasnt too bad

2. Im not sure about that one, hopefully Ben Smith will be fully fit and get back to his form

3. Im more concerned about Brett Finch, if he doesnt perform I think Green should be given a shot at 5/8. Tim Smith hopefully will improve

4. I agree that he's better dummy half player, but I think coming off bench is better, he's a good impact player.

5. yes we need someone to take over that Dean Widders type role who can create something off the bench. Eg. Widders out wide, dangerous, puts the little kick through, a flick pass. I believe Mateo can do all of that.

Y2Eel

First Grade
1.Agree 100000%
2.dont agree just yet ben smith will play there until inu is injury free and kicking ass
3.yeah agree but hagen will gve him half the season
4. we cant have two number 9's?:crazy:
5. Pre season will be the major factor here and trial games

Y2Eel

First Grade
On pj we need a 80 min hooker play piggy off the bench to cover lock and if there is an injury to our halves hooker...
We need 3 forwards(inc piggy) and mateo on the bench

strider

Post Whore
1. Hayne is an attacking freak - but he has his share of stuff ups too - he can make some poor defensive plays - he's got stuff to work on .... but I agree, I think he'd be the best option for #1

2. I still don't think ben smith is back to 100% after his injury .... he'll be back to himself next year.

4. I don't mind PJ coming off the bench - he has impact that way with tiring opposition forwards.

5. Mateo should be given a crack at the widders void .... mind you Hagan generally hasn't played attacking forwards off the bench in the past .... will be interesting to see what happens

scottyeel

Bench
1-Agree, but I'd like Reddy to be given 1st shot with the whole off season to prepare.
2-Disagree. Benny has showed what he can do when fit and confident.
3-Agree. Finch will take a heap of pressure of Tim.
4-Yep, PJ in the starting side.
5-I don't see him that much but by the sounds of it he deserves his shot.

Delboy

First Grade
My view is that Joel Reddy should start at fullback, way better than he has been given credit for and is a very safe defender.
Hayne can spend one more year on the wing to mature.
Ben Smith needs an offseason to get ready and rebuild his speed
Mateo off the bench is an ideal replacement, bigger than Widders.
Blake Green is very handy, will push if given the chance.
Zeb Taia gives the side some aggessive running which we lack,lets hope Hagan plans to develop some of our youngsters a chance next year
Disappointed at missing out this week, but amazed we got there, Brian Smith really let us down and JT just took over the team and rebuilt confidence, however he came up a little short the past few weeks, we need a complete change from the Smith era, welcome Michael Hagan

Y2Eel

First Grade
why not hayne to centre if benny and inu cant cut it??

reddy to fullback?
burt and grothe the wingers..

Avenger

Immortal
Y2Eel said:
why not hayne to centre if benny and inu cant cut it??

reddy to fullback?
burt and grothe the wingers..

Forgot about Reddy. I would have no problems with him at fullback. Hayne could be a centre

Y2Eel

First Grade
i would like to see hayne at centre a bit get more involved use his foot work abit..

PIG

Juniors
Hayne has the potential to be the best fullback in the game. Fullback is a crucial position...get him in there.

Ben Smith's defence was great today....he needs an offseason of speed work and to get himself 100%...he and Tahu in the centres for mine.

I'd go with:

Hayne
Inu
B.Smith
Tahu
Grothe
Finch
T.Smith

In the backline....with a kicking coach doing alot of work with Jarryd so we have no more excuses to pick p!ss ant- other than injuries

Fathead

Bench
Avenger said:
This is just my opinion. I want some serious debate here. (Its nothing personal) :)

1. Hayne to play fullback, Burt to never see that jumper again. He is OK on the wing though.

2. Ben Smith to vacate the centre position. He is too slow and his agility is poor for a centre. Inu to be groomed in his position.

3. Finch to be the obvious 5/8th. Tim Smith to start at halfback and be given about 5 games to perform. If not then give Blake or that new boy Moloney a go.

4. Stop the PJ at no 14 crap. We are a much better side with him at dummy half. He is simply too good to start from the bench.

5. Start Mateo on the bench.

OMG - I actually agree with everything you say :shock:

thats nothing against you but unusual to agree with someone on this forum !

Avenger

Immortal
Fathead said:
OMG - I actually agree with everything you say :shock:

thats nothing against you but unusual to agree with someone on this forum !

What's wrong with that? I'm a genius. ;-)

Avenger

Immortal
PIG said:
Hayne has the potential to be the best fullback in the game. Fullback is a crucial position...get him in there.

Ben Smith's defence was great today....he needs an offseason of speed work and to get himself 100%...he and Tahu in the centres for mine.

I'd go with:

Hayne
Inu
B.Smith
Tahu
Grothe
Finch
T.Smith

In the backline....with a kicking coach doing alot of work with Jarryd so we have no more excuses to pick p!ss ant- other than injuries

Yeah but who kicks goals? Inu? He is shocking at goal kicking.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
wasn't the reason burt was resigned is that Hagan wants to use him as part of his plans?? my line up next year

reddy
hayne
smith
tahu
grothe
finch
smith
cayless
pig
fuifui
hindy
lowery
wagon

bench
marsh
cordoba
hindy 2
latimore/taia/mateo?

Avenger

Immortal
I'm convinced that if we had a running/dominating type of halfback, ie Orford or Gower we could win the comp.

I don't include Johns, he would make me look good.

Latest posts