What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*AEW Chat*

Probably Luke Harper and The Revival would be their top targets wanting out of WWE. Gallows & Anderson would be a target too, but part of me says they might go back to New Japan. They would help bring some size to AEW though, and they probably would prefer staying in the US.

I would love them to get someone like Drew Gulak, because he is a great wrestler, EC3 & Rockstar Spud, because they are just awesome talents all around, or Cesaro because he’s just criminally under-utilised, but they’re all locked up for a while. For a veteran pick, I’d like to see Matt & Jeff Hardy do their thing there too.

For those I would want them to avoid, that’s tough. Sasha Banks would be one, Baron Corbin, Bianca Blair, Carmella, Bray Wyatt...

nöyd

Staff member
So the next ppv is in Chicago. Gee I wonder what/who the rumours will be centered around...

Thoughts on Moxley's prodcasts with Jericho and Wade Keller?

Very interesting insight into the creative (or lack there of) in the WWE. Nothing we didn't already suspect, but god damn, as someone who considers wrestling an art an a lifelong dream you really feel for him and the other guys being held back. And we as the fans have suffered for far too long. Bring on AEW!

Just read the spoilers from Fyter Fest. With the exception of the post match angles involving Rhodes & Spears and Moxley & Omega, I’m not too disappointed that I missed it. Very indy show rather than someone wanting to challenge the WWE to be top dog.

Big Pete

Referee
AEW TV will debut on Wednesday October 2nd.

Looking forward to it. Tomorrow marks my 20th Anniversary as a Wrestling fan, so it's cool that after all this time there's a real chance Pro Wrestling can go back to the way it was when it all started.

I'm trepadacious about AEW. There's going to be a lot of mistakes in the early going, I just hope by January the company will be firing on all cylinders.

AEW TV will debut on Wednesday October 2nd.

Looking forward to it. Tomorrow marks my 20th Anniversary as a Wrestling fan, so it's cool that after all this time there's a real chance Pro Wrestling can go back to the way it was when it all started.

I'm trepadacious about AEW. There's going to be a lot of mistakes in the early going, I just hope by January the company will be firing on all cylinders.
I am concerned about how "indy-riffic" a lot of the PPV's have been so far. Like you, I'm trepidatious.

Any word on Aussie tv coverage yet???
None. Expect it will either be via an app like Fite TV or we just won't get it to start with.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I am concerned about how "indy-riffic" a lot of the PPV's have been so far. Like you, I'm trepidatious.

None. Expect it will either be via an app like Fite TV or we just won't get it to start with.

Saw an article that early estimates have them starting with between 400-500k viewers when they debut based on current interest.

At the moment they lack genuine name stars outside Jericho (Moxley might be recognisable but doesn't have the name the casual fan is familiar with).

Still time with another PPV to come and no doubt the first show will have surprises.

My concern is that they're trying so hard to be diverse for everyone that they might miss their target and not hit anyone other than the diehards.

They need to throw the bank at CM Punk to try and jag another top name. I know he's attending Starrcast, but so far nothing on moving into the ring. But on a wider scale, what top tier talent that has global appeal (or even national appeal in the case of America) is available and ready to sign?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
They need to throw the bank at CM Punk to try and jag another top name. I know he's attending Starrcast, but so far nothing on moving into the ring. But on a wider scale, what top tier talent that has global appeal (or even national appeal in the case of America) is available and ready to sign?

That's the problem. There's really nobody out there other than Punk.

If they start strong that might not be a bad thing as new wrestlers can provide a bump every few months when they come off contract. Just don't know who they could get to start with.

I agree on Punk, but it still feels very unlikely.

WWE has done a job of locking up current stars for the short term and they're in no hurry to release anyone.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I think thats why they also delayed starting till october, gives them a chance to get 1 or 2 extra stars coming off contract.

If punk signs it won’t be until a day before TV starts, it wouldn’t surprise me if he does show up there, if i was Cody, i’d be keeping an eye on the undisputed Era Contracts, that would help push the roster up a little.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Rusev and Nakamura are the two I've seen rumoured the most from WWE.

There's not much on the indie scene. Punk, Tenille Dashwood (Emma), Jack Swagger (If they want cross promotion with Belator), Davey Boy Smith Jr (deal would need to be worked out with MLW).

Should be interesting once we get closer to the TV start date.

I think thats why they also delayed starting till october, gives them a chance to get 1 or 2 extra stars coming off contract.

If punk signs it won’t be until a day before TV starts, it wouldn’t surprise me if he does show up there, if i was Cody, i’d be keeping an eye on the undisputed Era Contracts, that would help push the roster up a little.
I love all the guys in the Undisputed Era, but they all have the same problem as the majority of the AEW roster. They are stars to existing wrestling fans, but the casual fan has zero idea who they are.

Latest posts