What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2006 - Round 7

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
However your club too Hodge over Judd and please enlighten me how many Norm Smiths or Browlows Hodge has got?

Meh,

Had the umpires given Hodge the same number of undeserved media popularity votes that they gave Judd in 2003, he would have won well last year. He may have won it anyway had they given him all the votes he should have got.

And its a bit hard to win a Norm Smith when your side hasn't made a GF. I dare say, however, if Hawthorn makes a GF and Hodge gets 29 possessions in the middle, its exceedingly unlikely that they'll get beaten.

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
Meh,

Had the umpires given Hodge the same number of undeserved media popularity votes that they gave Judd in 2003, he would have won well last year. He may have won it anyway had they given him all the votes he should have got.

And its a bit hard to win a Norm Smith when your side hasn't made a GF. I dare say, however, if Hawthorn makes a GF and Hodge gets 29 possessions in the middle, its exceedingly unlikely that they'll get beaten.

Meh...you continue to amaze me with Hodge! He is good but he's not as good as JUDDY! Judd only gets media votes becuase he is that good mate. Hodge would too but he isn't as good as Judd-hence nis non votes! As for the Norm Smith I was just pointing out that so far as good as Hodge is he has 1 AA team selection. Thats all. Judd has everything. To me that is a better player. End of story!

camsmith

Juniors
meltiger said:
So Mike & Caroline keep telling us .....

:p

Mike (before he changed his mind) was telling us for the last three years that the Saints would win the GF.. you think i also thought that? No way.

Kev, i agree with you on Lids.. he is going to be better than Judd :cool: i hope anyway... been a bit quiet this year.

Sorry, nothing you say will change my mind and the fact that at this current moment Judd is the best player in the AFL.

CyberKev

Staff member
camsmith said:
Kev, i agree with you on Lids.. he is going to be better than Judd :cool: i hope anyway... been a bit quiet this year.

I wouldn't worry about that. Its his second season and he was bound to draw a lot more opposition attention. He'll fire-up again in due course.

camsmith said:
Sorry, nothing you say will change my mind and the fact that at this current moment Judd is the best player in the AFL.

Unfair enough.

By the same token, nothing you say will change my thinking that he's not a top six player and never has been.

camsmith

Juniors
CyberKev said:
I wouldn't worry about that. Its his second season and he was bound to draw a lot more opposition attention. He'll fire-up again in due course.

Yep im not ready to trade him just yet :lol:

He'll be the only chance richmond has of winning the brownlow in the next years. Im pretty sure of that.

CyberKev said:
Unfair enough.

By the same token, nothing you say will change my thinking that he's not a top six player and never has been.

Lol, didn't i see you write somewhere that you think in the last 4 or so weeks he has been the best player in the comp? Wouldn't that mean if he keeps that form up for the rest of the year he will be adding another Brownlow to his collection and deservedly so? :D

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cam don't worry I agree with you on Juddy but don't bet your house that Kev will have that same view!

CyberKev

Staff member
camsmith said:
Lol, didn't i see you write somewhere that you think in the last 4 or so weeks he has been the best player in the comp? Wouldn't that mean if he keeps that form up for the rest of the year he will be adding another Brownlow to his collection and deservedly so? :D

Meh.

In the first four weeks he was anything but.

Most likely he would have been clocking up votes during that time simply because his name was Chris Judd though.

Who knows what'll happen in future weeks.

He'll probably win the Brownlow whatever his form, which is the whole crux of my point.

He was the 8th or 9th best performed player in 2004 when he won it, and was well behind Reiwoldt (who had the best individual season I've seen for some years) and a good way behind Tredrea.

He's quite a few rungs down the ladder from a player like Leigh Matthews who won zero Brownlows (despite clocking up more votes over the years than anybody).

So Brownlow wins don't expressly impress me, given the limited scope in which they're awarded.

Umpires read the newspapers like everyone else, hence the unfathomable extra votes they gave Judd to get him the award in 2004.

Latest posts