What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2006 - Round 7

meltiger

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Seemed to do ok in the 2005 GF! Remind me who got the Norm Smith again Kev.......JUDD!:D

Nathan Buckley won the 2002 medal ... & didn't deserve it

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Seemed to do ok in the 2005 GF! Remind me who got the Norm Smith again Kev.......JUDD!:D

And a well deserved medal it was too, given that Sydney won the game and Judd was BOG for Sydney when he consistently passed balls to Swan defenders throughout the match.

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Can't we all just get along!

Where's the feistiness in that????!!!

At any rate, it could never happen...

I've lived with CyberKev all my life and I can barely tolerate him!

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
And a well deserved medal it was too, given that Sydney won the game and Judd was BOG for Sydney when he consistently passed balls to Swan defenders throughout the match.

Dear oh me, come on Kev who would YOU haave given it to? Judd was BOG even though it was for a losing side! It was less than a kick in it!

lockyno1

Post Whore
meltiger said:
lol 8 weeks ago it was Brown V Pav, now it's Pav V Judd and Judd V the world :lol:

Can't we all just get along!

Its more fun with a bit of rivalry! JUDDY!!!!!!!!!:D

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Dear oh me, come on Kev who would YOU haave given it to? Judd was BOG even though it was for a losing side! It was less than a kick in it!

It was less than a kick because O'Loughlin had a dose of the goalkicking yips.

As I have said previously, Goodes, Buchanan & Roberts-Thompson all had better games on the day.

Of course, none of them look as good as Judd when they run, so you couldn't let them have the medal.

meltiger

First Grade
Dunno about Goodes, Roberts-Thompson I thought had a fantastic game that day.

Given he's a Sydney boy, I'm suprised they didn't opt for him. Rather than the media's love child.

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
It was less than a kick because O'Loughlin had a dose of the goalkicking yips.

As I have said previously, Goodes, Buchanan & Roberts-Thompson all had better games on the day.

Of course, none of them look as good as Judd when they run, so you couldn't let them have the medal.

Goodes- ok but was not that dominant really, good in patches.
Buchanon- apart from the goal what else did he do?
Roberts-Thomson- If I was to giv eit to a Sydney player it would be him but I still wouldn't. Judd was consistently better for 4 quarters even in a LOSING side!

JUDDY!:D

camsmith

Juniors
Lol... so uhh how was round sevens matches??? :D

Kev i hope you dont listen to SEN's Gladiators of Sport program last night, i didn't hear one caller say Judd was overrated, they were all saying he was the best in the comp etc.. but ofcourse they just read all the papers and dont judge a player by watching them do they.

Is Everyone who thinks Judd is the best midfielder in the comp brainwashed by the media? Oh and you talk about Judd's legspeed.. mate he has nothing on deledio ;)

There are too many posts here to respond too... soo uhh, i find it strange you rate Hodge more than Judd... take off your hawthorn coloured glasses, push aside your disappointment of passing him up for hodge and tell us what you really think.

lockyno1

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
Losing to Carlton :( hirdinjured :( Could thisbe a spoon year for Bombers???

YES it will but here is the positive as I said to tiger today we get the no1 pick in the draft!:D

CyberKev

Staff member
camsmith said:
There are too many posts here to respond too... soo uhh, i find it strange you rate Hodge more than Judd... take off your hawthorn coloured glasses, push aside your disappointment of passing him up for hodge and tell us what you really think.

I rate quite a few players in the comp higher than Judd, and Hodge is merely one of those.

Make what you want of it.

The reality is that when Hodge was fit for the first time and coming off his first full preseason he was a better player across the year than Judd was.

This is despite playing in a much poorer side and having considerably less quality support. If Hodge had of been fully fit from day one, I seriously doubt we'd be having this argument as it'd be a non-issue.

I also predicate my comments on my preferencing of players with depth and diversity to their game over players that are limited in their skillset and limited to a specific position on the park.

Hodge is very strong defensively, and on one memorable occasion took 6 contested marks in defence in a single quarter. Its also exceedingly difficult to imagine Judd filling in effectively at CHF, as Hodge was once asked to do for a month during the last ill-fated months of the Schwab regime. Its also fair to say that we'll never see Judd successfully launching 60m cross ground passes in pouring rain either.

And, yes, I'd take Deledio before Judd as well. He is as quick as Judd is, but where Judd is predominantly a physical player with scant (if any) room for improvement, Deledio is a smart and skilled youngster with much go-up in store. With Deledio you would also be likely to get $300k a year performances on a $300k a year salary. With Judd you'll get $300k a year performances on a $600k+ salary.

CyberKev

Staff member
Cupid Stunt said:
On a side note, & no counting chickens, but damn it's wunderbar to see Western with some bloody mongrel in them again. Win or lose this year they are hard at the ball & willing to stand ground which was always a trademark but disappeared a few years ago. I've always been an advocate of rebirthing a Libba or Southern (Dolly the sheep style) but if this type of play continues I may stay out of the lab a little longer! :lol:

They really haven't had the strong bodies in recent years to be too physical with their play, Cupid.

You should be pleased indeed with the way things are shaping out West.

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
So Mike & Caroline keep telling us .....

:p

Imagine waking to the full horror of living in Perth?

They must give away free tissue packs with their newspapers over there! :p

lockyno1

Post Whore
meltiger said:
So Mike & Caroline keep telling us .....

:p

And so I keep telling you Kev and Tiger! He's a legend in the highest regard! In 5yrs you will be killing yourself that you took Hodge and not Judd at no1.

meltiger

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
And so I keep telling you Kev and Tiger! He's a legend in the highest regard! In 5yrs you will be killing yourself that you took Hodge and not Judd at no1.

We didn't take Hodge! lol

Hodge is already a better player though...