What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL Youngbloods 2006

aqua_duck

Coach
CyberKev said:
He goes okay, but he's lucky to have his legspeed. Without it he would be struggling away on the fringes of the VFL.
And If Aaron Sandilands wasn't 6'11 and 125kg he wouldn't even be playing AFL. What's your point?

lockyno1

Post Whore
You have to remember that Kev HATES Judd! FFS he didn't even have him in this team before I pointed his dead glaring mistake out to him!

CyberKev

Staff member
aqua_duck said:
And If Aaron Sandilands wasn't 6'11 and 125kg he wouldn't even be playing AFL. What's your point?

The point is that there are sub-2m tall ruckmen who have and do perform very well at AFL level.

Just as there are midfielders without electric pace who perform very well, principally because their skills and smarts are top drawer.

Because the skills & smarts of these players are so good they will perform well at the highest level regardless of other factors. Take Judd's speed away from him, however, and his average skill set would find him struggling in the top flight.

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
You have to remember that Kev HATES Judd! FFS he didn't even have him in this team before I pointed his dead glaring mistake out to him!

Er, no, actualment.

Its not that I hate him, its just that you want to date him! :p

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
Er, no, actualment.

Its not that I hate him, its just that you want to date him! :p

Hey..he's doing well in the dating department! Look at his girlfriend FFS! She is friken hot! But Judd is awesome on the field. He will be put simply, the best player in the last 20 years after he retires! Go JUDDY!:D

aqua_duck

Coach
CyberKev said:
The point is that there are sub-2m tall ruckmen who have and do perform very well at AFL level.

Just as there are midfielders without electric pace who perform very well, principally because their skills and smarts are top drawer.

Because the skills & smarts of these players are so good they will perform well at the highest level regardless of other factors. Take Judd's speed away from him, however, and his average skill set would find him struggling in the top flight.
Judd's skills might not be the best in the league but I'd say they're anything but average. His speed helps but its not the be all and end all. I'd say there'd be atleast 20 ploayers in the AFL who are as quick as Judd and haven't won a brownlow, norm smith and captained a side to the premiershjip at age 23, for example James Walker, Aaron Davey, Kane Tenace, just to name 3

lockyno1

Post Whore
You see Kev sees it differently though! He recons Judd is average, etc. Most people recognise how good Judd is. He is a dead set freak!