What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ah-kwilla You-ah-tay

KempoKnight

Juniors
Who well and truly outplayed Aku in Origin 1 and 2?

Boyd is a better winger than Aku. Just because he plays fullback does not mean he isn't a better winger than Aku. It just means he is the best fullback AND winger in the club.

It's going to be a long offseason. Can't have all the fun straight away. Leave you guys to your bitching and moaning.

You should really stop now before you make yourself look like more of an idiot. If thats possible:crazy:

Alex28

Coach
Isn't this the whole point of the debate - that opinion is subjective and one persons opinion is different to anothers? Isn't this the whole point of a forum?

I don't think Aku is as shit hot as you guys make him out to be. I certainly don't think he is worth being our highest paid player. You guys do. More power to you. I don't go acting like a tough dickhead belittling your opinions though.

Pretty much the whole point of suggesting Boyd as an example of a potentially better winger than Aku - I knew you lot would go off half cocked naming gumbies nowhere near as good as Aku so you had a reason to act like a tool. Too predictable. I also knew JM would be the one to figure it out. Don't get along with him but he's cluey.

You'll have to wait until next week for my installment of wingers potentially better than Aku. As I said, long offseason ahead...

Alex28

Coach
I still think he is a better winger than Aku. It is all quite subjective though. Just my opinion against everyone elses apparently.

Was great bait tho :)

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol I love Boyd and think he is a fantastic player but we all know just how good anyone looks outside of JT, Lockyer, Cronk, Inglis and Smith. If the roles were reversed we all know that Aku would have probably scored 5-6 times during this years Origin series.

Aku had a terrible Origin series, we all know that, but we also know that his inside men also let him down badly on many occasions. Carney the biggest culprit.

The question remains as to why you couldn't just up and say you meant Boyd in the 1st place Alex? And why you think he is better specifically. Sighting rep games alone wont cut it given the gulf between Qld and NSW respective backlines

cram

Bench
It was interesting to hear JT talk about how Aku had turned his game around since Origin.

When you consider how many average wingers were made to look good in the Johns era can you imagine how tries Aku would have scored by now.

Alex28

Coach
Kempo - if you can't see that my bit of fun is not really about who is the better winger and is about the dickhead mentality around here clearly it is all lost on you. I made a suggestion knowing the usual suspects would jump to conclusions and carry on like dickheads. It's the very reason why this forum has slowed up in a big way.

Was just giving BIHK what he came looking for...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
On one hand you are bagging people out for having a 'dickhead mentality' on here and claiming that it affects the forum negatively.

On the other hand you are admitting to trolling. Do you not think this behaviour affects the forum negatively?

You've lost the plot...

Johns Magic

Referee
Alex, if your point is that Uate is the best winger because the better wingers move in to other positions to be closer to the action then that's a fair enough point. If you're doing that then Inglis and Hayne spring to mind.

I do think though that Uate's skills not being transferrable doesn't mean he's a lesser player than those that can, or less valuable. He is the best metre-eating winger in the game bar none and that suits him and us out wide.

I also think Uate is a better winger than Boyd but can see why you'd argue otherwise. I think Boyd being in that QLD backline does him a lot of favours though.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
On one hand you are bagging people out for having a 'dickhead mentality' on here and claiming that it affects the forum negatively.

On the other hand you are admitting to trolling. Do you not think this behaviour affects the forum negatively?

You've lost the plot...

But your obvious baiting the other day isn't trolling?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Alex; so far in this thread you've come up with a bunch of things that are definitely 'out there'. You said that opinions can't be wrong. You also said that Uate needs a good centre to create things for him as he's just a finisher. Both comments make no sense at all, that's if if evidence is used as a criteria for reality.

Your statements on the above, I'm more than willing to ignore, but you were asked a question based on another statement of yours. That statement being that there are a few wingers out there that are better than Uate. JM has asked you to clarify who these wingers are. Howerver there is nothing but silence on your behalf to date.

Any chance of you actually giving an answer to the question?

Are you refering to the above as baiting? Or is there something else that I'm missing?

You've made outlandish comments throughout this thread and I have asked you to address them. I didn't bring up anything from any other thread to try and 'bait you'. I just brought up the topics at hand that YOU mentioned.

You have already proven yourself to be a troll in this thread of the highest order. To try and project that onto others is pretty weak..

RABK

Referee
Alex go have a drink of water and never post in this thread again. You're one of the most intelligent posters on here but you've lost the plot in here - you're above the gibberish you have posted in here. Boyd > Uate is a valid yet thin argument, as is whether Uate is the games best winger worth 500k+. But claiming trolling as an escape and sterotyping the forum as dickheads is a bit much.

BIHK has proven himself as someone who will drag a feud/argument on for weeks or even months and bump obsolete posts, threads and arguments. No need for anyone else to join in, you all made your point and got Alex on the retreat. But let's not drag it on huh...

Alex28

Coach
Are you refering to the above as baiting? Or is there something else that I'm missing?

You've made outlandish comments throughout this thread and I have asked you to address them. I didn't bring up anything from any other thread to try and 'bait you'. I just brought up the topics at hand that YOU mentioned.

You have already proven yourself to be a troll in this thread of the highest order. To try and project that onto others is pretty weak..

It had been a week and a half since I posted in the thread, the thread was nearly dead and here you came to stir some shit up. That is baiting, and trolling. No other reason to post.

Alex go have a drink of water and never post in this thread again. You're one of the most intelligent posters on here but you've lost the plot in here - you're above the gibberish you have posted in here. Boyd > Uate is a valid yet thin argument, as is whether Uate is the games best winger worth 500k+. But claiming trolling as an escape and sterotyping the forum as dickheads is a bit much.

BIHK has proven himself as someone who will drag a feud/argument on for weeks or even months and bump obsolete posts, threads and arguments. No need for anyone else to join in, you all made your point and got Alex on the retreat. But let's not drag it on huh...

I was trying to make a point, but I'll take your advice...

Jono078

Referee
You lend someone money, they say they will give it back to you... But they haven't in a while, so I'd still be asking for it ;-)

Alex28

Coach
Fair call, but I doubt he was interested at all in what I had to say...

Last edited:

Latest posts