What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aitken or Lomax, who should be right centre?

Who should be our right centre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I will have another look... I’ve watched every game this year and he’s done well. Last season was a mixed bag for Aitken, started well and faded towards the end of the season, but he wasn’t the only one.

I agree that we need Lomax in the side but I’d bring him in for Rav for now.
Bring Lomax in and watch Rawa fly

Glenn012

Juniors
I was watching Melbourne in a few games this season and thinking: "That centre is really overrated." It seems Bellamy thinks so to and has dropped him. A guy who has been in first grade for a few years in a winning team gets dropped. Would never happen with McGregor. That's the difference between us and them.

Glenn012

Juniors
Got a better idea .. how about sending Aitken back to the reggies to actually learn how to defend and pass.
I think he would do really well on the bench. Cover for the backs or coming on in the forwards late in both halves. Aitkens one on one defence is quite good. I mean, when he is in position to make one on one tackles and he is undoubtedly a strong ball runner.

The Friz

Juniors
I am no Aitken hater, I think he actually has a bit to offer. I wouldn’t mind seeing him do the Same for us that Brandon Smith is doing for the storm. A raging ball of energy, muscle and leg speed through the middle for 30-35 minutes. Smith has been very effective for them and I think Euan could be just effective for us while also providing back coverage if needed.

possm

Coach
At his height I'd like to see him put on another 6 or 7 kgs mate.
Gasnier was 100kgs at same height.
Look at guys like Nick Cotric. They are all muscle and strong.
Lomax still looks a bit light and gets man handled a little. Hope he fills out.
Although Lomax is very strong, I've seen him manhandle some big forwards while playing short minutes in the middle.

gitano

Juniors
Gitano, or Mr Aitken I should say, any insight as to why Euan didn't gather up the ball there at the end with the Roosters out on their feet?
Waiting for the winger to clean it up.
Wingers were poor today. Inexperience cost us.

Paddles

Juniors
Lomax is the best 3/4 at the club on today's showing. He's only played a handful of games and is so cool under pressure. He's confident, goes looking for the ball, and is creative with it. Admittedly he doesn't have some of the classic Aitken skills, like sprinting out of the line and letting tries in behind you, or ambling after the ball and letting another guy run around you to retrieve possession when the game is on the line, but we could probably do with a bit less of those unique skills in any case.

Lomax MUST be the first centre picked for next week. Picking him on the wing again would be reminiscent of when NSW picked Noddy at half, and Joey at hooker, because although Joey was the best half, he was also the best hooker.

Lomax might be the best right winger at the club, but he is also (far and away) the best right centre. He will be most impactful at right centre. Pick him at right centre. It's not that hard.

gitano

Juniors
Your explanation is absolute codswallop of the 1st order.
Obviously you blinked at that precise moment or maybe you took your glass eye out to polish it?
Look, he should have been more desperate.

Honing in on him is obviously on the agenda for many on here, but the sooner you realise he ain't the problem the quicker you might see it.

hazzbeen

Bench
Lomax is the best 3/4 at the club on today's showing. He's only played a handful of games and is so cool under pressure. He's confident, goes looking for the ball, and is creative with it. Admittedly he doesn't have some of the classic Aitken skills, like sprinting out of the line and letting tries in behind you, or ambling after the ball and letting another guy run around you to retrieve possession when the game is on the line, but we could probably do with a bit less of those unique skills in any case.

Lomax MUST be the first centre picked for next week. Picking him on the wing again would be reminiscent of when NSW picked Noddy at half, and Joey at hooker, because although Joey was the best half, he was also the best hooker.

Lomax might be the best right winger at the club, but he is also (far and away) the best right centre. He will be most impactful at right centre. Pick him at right centre. It's not that hard.
The kid is all class .....

RufusRex

Post Whore
Watching the game now .. didnt watch it live as was in the movies ..

First try .. Aitken giving absolutely no cover again to the catcher ... Clueless
Allowed Tupou into the contest ..and lomax drops - should have taken it though.

Errors from both Aitken and Lomax there.