What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aku Uate

League_God

Juniors
NSW should be doing EVERYTHING in their power to get him cleared to play for nsw. hayne, aku, jennings and B Morris are the future. one centre spot up for grabs

mxlegend99

Referee
Could have atleast picked the best halves from those clubs. For mine:

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Chris Lawrence (left)
4. Michael Jennings (right)
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce

Although if Morris doesn't play well in his next Origin game I would but a big X through his name and select Michael Gordon. In one game he was better then all the good parts of Brett Morris in his 3 games combined.

The best thing about a Carney/Pearce halves combination is that they should have a year or so experience together by next year.

Jono078

Referee
1 Jarryd Hayne
2 Brett Morris
3 Mark Gasnier
4 Michael Jennings
5 Akuila Uate
6 Todd Carney
7 Mitchell Pearce

I don't get the Lawrence love, I think he's a bit overated.

perverse

Referee
i think it would be a genuine shame if Uate no longer played for Fiji. he's obviously very proud and passionate about his home country. i would only want to see him play origin if he could play for both.

everyone seems to think that winning Origin is more important than the rest of the game or pride in where you come from. i love watching Aku play for Fiji.

Chook Norris

First Grade
i think it would be a genuine shame if Uate no longer played for Fiji. he's obviously very proud and passionate about his home country. i would only want to see him play origin if he could play for both.

everyone seems to think that winning Origin is more important than the rest of the game or pride in where you come from. i love watching Aku play for Fiji.

unless there are more fixtures for the 'minnow' nations( of more status and) importance will we see a shift in player sentiment

lockyno1

Post Whore
Soward is not a halfback, you will lose with him at 7. Brilliant 5/8th though and is NSW's best 5/8th by the length of the Flemington straight!

parraeelz

Juniors
Why isn't Uate allowed to play? Hayne played Fiji for world cup and he's allowed...or is it a Pacific Nations thing??
Definaely good enough to make the side...just has troubles under the high ball at times

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce

Finally some lovin' for the Uate Maserati, unlike the Hayne Plane it's been running since March.

Last edited:

Talanexor

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Campese
7. Pearce

Dugan is a better fullback than Hayne. Hayne is a better winger than anyone else in NSW. Just because Darius Boyd is carving up for the Dragons doesn't mean he's a better option than Billy Slater at fullback, same with hayne and Dugan.

Campese is there because the NSW selectors don't like small halves who can't tackle. It's either him or Sutton and of the two, Campese has more tricks up his sleeves and is more consistent; Sutton is just too rocks and diamonds to play Origin.