What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Akuila Uate

Yosh

Coach
Bicey_18 said:
I did have a feeling we would see Anthony back in red and blue sometime soon....

Thats hectic... I feel the club is on the rise once again, and soon we will be feared like we once were, how exciting!!!

roopy

Referee
Anthony would be great.
Of his brothers, Willie could be good if he can get over his injuries, Jon should have a go as a hooker because he is fit enough, tackles like a champion, but is a shortarse and will never make it as a second row, but young Ben could be the best of the four with a bit of luck.

Jono078

Referee
Do we want Anthony though?

We have a sh*tload of backrowers and he would be asking close to a Simpson type price youd think.

I do think he is a good player though. Simpson, Paterson, Tupou is basically a rep backrow.

roopy

Referee
Anthony is a forward who can play 80 minutes at a high level.
With the new interchange rules he will be worth his weight in gold - and if they drop the numer of interchanges to 8 next season we won't be able to afford him.

Surely the Tupou rumour is dependent on Buderus leaving. Tupou isn't exactly on fringe first grade money. Roopy are they looking to drop the ics to 8 next year? Suddenly the conditioning coach becomes your most important coaching staff commodity. No pressure there! Stockton beach sanddunes will get a flogging in summer. Tupou could play front row I reckon. He is a tough son of a bitch.

Frederick

Staff member
Newie is God's Country said:
Stockton beach sanddunes will get a flogging in summer.
Maybe from my mates Jeep, but not from the Knights. This kind of old school training was given the boot when Hagan left

roopy

Referee
Newie is God's Country said:
Roopy are they looking to drop the ics to 8 next year?
8 was the original proposal, but they decided it was too big a step so they went 10 - I can see them discussing 8 before next season at least.

Spike

First Grade
You might find that you'll have backrowers converting to props if the interchange drops to 8. These days there's not a lot of difference, but the big-bopper type props will be a thing of the past. That's if the 10 rule change doesn't wipe them out. Your Carl Webbs, Fui Fuis, O'Meleys etc will fall by the wayside. You'll have Nathan Hindmarsh type clones in the front row.

roopy

Referee
Hanscholo said:
Any thoughts oh how this guy would go at fullback?
He has had a few runs at fullback during games.
A few of his very best tries have been from 100 metre kick returns right up the middle when playing fullback. In one of them i think he had to run backwards a few times so he could actually beat every player on the field on his way to the tryline.

Hanscholo

Bench
I think with this bloke his ability with the ball should give him a shot at first grade at least this year. I can recall similar issues with players we have had that went on to be superb players. For instance.

Jamie Ainscough was a terrible defender.

Tahu had terrible hands.

O'Davis was a speed hump.

Chief had terrible handling.

Sargeant Had terrible handling.

Matt Gidley had defensive problems.

I could go on and on, the point is that if you have pace, agility and strength in the modern game then that counts for a hell of a lot. The rest is up to our coaches to sort out.

The common thing with all of them was that they were highly talented and our coaches worked with them and improved them a lot. Id hate to see Uate go because he gets troubled by numbers, these things can be taught to players, we should stick with him imo.

otori

Juniors
It'd be really nice to have a winger that makes other clubs edgy. We only had Carney for one season and Tahu was gone before that.

keeney

First Grade
Carney was strong, but he didn't strike fear into the hearts of outher teams. He came off his wing too much.

Pika

Bench
Aku could be bad for the heart.

Everytime he gets the ball the heart rate goes up.

Everytime an opposition winger runs at him the heart has palpatations....

bluesbreaker

Bench
In other words, no different to Anthony Quinn, Craig "Bloody" Hall *shudder*, George Carmont, Brian Carney or Adam McDougal?

bluesbreaker

Bench
Aku was pretty physical in defence the other night, but you're right it was against sub-standard opposition and he got caught out (at least in the first half) once that I saw. He covered the ground within 3 paces and smashed the other guy anyway. I could not believe how quickly he ran when he took off up the sideline in the second half. it's like he made 40 metres in 2 seconds!

macavity

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
In other words, no different to Anthony Quinn, Craig "Bloody" Hall *shudder*, George Carmont, Brian Carney or Adam McDougal?

touche!

give him a jersey outside Wes.

instruct Wes to punch him in the face every time he has a defensive lapse.

by the end of round 1 he will be either a good defender, or unconscious.

aqua_duck

Coach
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
Every missed tackle by Uate = a designated driver stint for Wes.
:lol: :lol:

I heard Fa'aoso has that duty at the moment, 2 crims in the same car might not be a good thing lol

Latest posts