What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alan Tounge

Try not to trip on your way down from your high horse, R_69.

The fact he has been played out of position and subsequently performed poorly for the last couple of years of his career is definetely relevant. I merely hope that It can be stricken from the memory of his career with the Raiders and the NRL, because what he should be remembered for is his guts, heart and giving 100% of himself to the club.

Deserves a statue next to Loz at canberra stadium.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
A great leader, player and ambassador for our proud club.

Having spoken to him a couple of times over the years I can safely if there were more Alan Tongue's in this world, the world would be a better place.

Why don't you take a leaf out of his book then?

He's a great bloke. No doubt.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Try not to trip on your way down from your high horse, R_69.

The fact he has been played out of position and subsequently performed poorly for the last couple of years of his career is definetely relevant. I merely hope that It can be stricken from the memory of his career with the Raiders and the NRL, because what he should be remembered for is his guts, heart and giving 100% of himself to the club.

Deserves a statue next to Loz at canberra stadium.

The Snoz and The Tongue next to each other.

Nice.

Doug2234

First Grade
what was that placard of some description somebody held up ...something about a big willie and tongue???

0e8d603ddaedc902704b58a64536a0e5.jpg

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
An ornament to the game, true clubman and a lovely bloke to boot. I wish him nothing but the best.

We've got our own club legend in Luke Stuart retiring too, who's send off is this Friday. Everything that could be said about Alan could be said about Luke. Great men.

We've got our own club legend in Luke Stuart retiring too, who's send off is this Friday. Everything that could be said about Alan could be said about Luke. Great men.

Agreed

Luke Stuart is a champ.

Tonguey was a great player. however he's come to the end now in a position that dosnt suit him.

hope the raiders get a win in his final home game to send him off properly

Stay classy roosters fans

Id personally like to see you try walking, id imagine its tough given for 3/4ths of this year, your boots have been firmly implanted in the guts of this club.

???

What a pelican you are. Its funny that you come into both here and other raiders forums condemning the 'anti- furner agenda' but you come in all guns blazing and it looks more like you are the one with the agenda.

Raider_69

Post Whore
If by all guns blazing you mean being embarrassed that some such as yourself can not for even one moment stop death riding the club and furner to pay tribute to a man who has given his guts to the club for 13 years. Then yes i have come out all guns blazing.
There is a time and a place, on the day one of our greatest, if not the single greatest clubman of the Raiders retires, is not the time.

If only you had 1/1000000th of the class of Alan Tongue

If by all guns blazing you mean being embarrassed that some such as yourself can not for even one moment stop death riding the club and furner to pay tribute to a man who has given his guts to the club for 13 years. Then yes i have come out all guns blazing.
There is a time and a place, on the day one of our greatest, if not the single greatest clubman of the Raiders retires, is not the time.

If only you had 1/1000000th of the class of Alan Tongue

:lol:

Wanker. The fact that tongue has been played out of position for the last 3 years is relevant when looking back on his career. And in case you weren't paying attention, I have payed much tribute to the great man.

Now off you trot, raiders forums are a much better place when you put yourself back in your self imposed exile.

Eels Dude

Coach
It seems this year that all the Raiders fans who've been talking him up for origin over the years have started laying the boot into him this year saying he's past it. You know your days are up when even your staunchest supporters are telling you to retire.

Good clubman, great role model for the game. But time is up. Good luck to the bloke in the future.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
An ornament to the game, true clubman and a lovely bloke to boot. I wish him nothing but the best.

Fair call mate.

A dying breed in our game - the Tradesman.

Pity Stuart won't be out there to run around. He's been a legend for Souths since they came back in.

It seems this year that all the Raiders fans who've been talking him up for origin over the years have started laying the boot into him this year saying he's past it. You know your days are up when even your staunchest supporters are telling you to retire.

Good clubman, great role model for the game. But time is up. Good luck to the bloke in the future.

Yes, however 99.5% of raiders fans acknowledge that it is tongue's disastrous conversion to hooker by david furner that has been his downfall. He has gone from 2008 LOCK and captain of the year to an absolute liability in an unnatural position. Doesnt detract from the fact that he is an absolute champion and legend of the green who always puts the club first. I hope he is remembered for his leadership qualities during a lean period for the club. I also hope that he is remembered more for the quality play he brought to the raiders until 2009.

It is a shame that a few wankers take exception to this and decide to lambast those that express this opinion even though it is extremely relevant and furthermore it in no way negates the praise and adoration that is given to him beforehand.