What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulysseus

Bench
Devastating news for Alex, his family & Newcastle.

I struggle to have any empathy for McLean.

Let me guess magpie I have NFI about the game?

The compensation due, may well cripple Melbourne financially.

Apparently its taboo to point the finger here.
I assume a court will lay it down at some point.

Danish

Referee
Let's all band together and protect he feelings of the bloke who can still walk and play league and blame the crippled bloke... :roll:

Flapper

First Grade
It'd be a particularly hard hearted human who can't feel for Jordan McLean, unless of course you think he deliberately put Alex on his head.

Ulysseus

Bench
Let's all band together and protect he feelings of the bloke who can still walk and play league and blame the crippled bloke... :roll:

Hmmmmmm
f**k that.
If it were a thug in a pub this would be cut and dry but because he was on the field - being a f**kwit - it's apparently an all is forgiven situation?
Doubtful.

_Johnsy

Referee
It'd be a particularly hard hearted human who can't feel for Jordan McLean, unless of course you think he deliberately put Alex on his head.

Not at all, but he must accept responsibility for his actions, as Melbourne must do.

It will be interesting to see what eventuates.

cleary89

Coach
mmm "alex has been told he will be a quadriplegic. Transferred to north shore spinal unit this week." will replay the interview just after 7 o clock

Ulysseus

Bench

Thats the problem with not meaning to do something but causing an undesirable outcome anyway.
We have had this discussion much earlier in the thread.
Consequences still exist for actions not intended.
No matter how much remorse there may be.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Get f**ked.
If he didn't put the hand between the legs bone of this shit happens.
I will call the spade a f**king spade.

It was a freak accident, How is it anyone's fault. Did Mclean go into the tackle and think yeah I am gonna dump this merkin on his head and make him a quadriplegic? That same tackle happens every week in the nrl, and in local footy and nothing extreme as this ever happens.

Freak shit happens from time to time, don't blame some merkin for something he had no intent on doing.

ellskimore

Juniors
I think out of respect we should keep this to the well wishing of Alex McKinnon, leaving the other issues of blame and punishment until that time comes.

soc123_au

Staff member
Being a classified a quad can have varying levels of disability. Firstly let's hope 9 are jumping the gun as any level of permanent disability is a pretty horrific thing to deal with. Especially when you are a professional athlete. To those suggesting death is a better option think again, comments like that are pretty offensive even if not intended to be.

Flapper

First Grade
Thats the problem with not meaning to do something but causing an undesirable outcome anyway.
We have had this discussion much earlier in the thread.
Consequences still exist for actions not intended.
No matter how much remorse there may be.

And he will be punished. Calling McLean a piece of shit isn't helping a single person.

BranVan3000

Coach

Who gives a f**k about McLean?

The first thing you learn in rugby league from the time you are four years old is DONT LIFT PLAYERS into dangerous positions

Danish

Referee

It's an even harder hearted human who thinks that heaping blame on the bloke who just got paralysed is the best thing to do just to save the feelings of the guy responsible.

If you are going 70 in a 60 zone then accidentally kill someone crossing the road because you couldn't stop in time, you still have to take the blame regardless of he fact you weren't intending I hitting anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.