What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManlyMania

Juniors
Some people on here have a heart. It is clear others don't. I hope Alex McKinnon gets the help he needs and has a recovery as much as possible as soon as possible.

As for Jordan McLean for those who are lambasting him clearly have no idea. He would be already punished for the hearing of this news. Blaming him is just crazy

LESStar58

Referee
Your a f**king twat....seriously it could happen to anyone, any one of the lifting tackles over the last few years could have done this, waqa last year...but because there's now a serious injury all a sudden someone is a piece of shit....what an absolute twat you are...

Dont worry mate. Hes just a bitter and twisted Dragons fan too blinded by his hatred of Melbourne to see the forrest from the trees.

Absolutely shattering news. Hopefully the community pull together and come to his aid. Mclean must feel dreaful too.

LESStar58

Referee
Exactly! Funnily it is only Storm fans...'oh poor Jordan'...stuff that the merkin shouldn't have lifted Alex and he deserves every sledge in the book and every single week on the sidelines! Heck I hope every away crowd boos him like nothing before!

Look out. The beacon of morality and righteoussness is shining amongst us.

Dragons01

First Grade
Don't lump us Dragons fans all in together. Tragic news for Alex. McLean will have his own demons to deal with whether warranted or not.

Too sad all round.

Who gives a f**k about McLean?

The first thing you learn in rugby league from the time you are four years old is DONT LIFT PLAYERS into dangerous positions

It's possible to have empathy even if he did something wrong.

It's a basic human emotion.

Like it or not people can have adverse reactions to something they did wrong. If we took your attitude we may as we'll turn our backs on everyone who makes mistakes.

Card Shark

Immortal
I didn't blame anyone. A similar yet different example is my dad. He was an apprentice butcher when he was a kid. He was cleaning the mincer when the other apprentice turned it on not realising my dad had a hand in it. Bye bye hand. Although my dad lost his hand the bloke who turned the mincer on was a mental wreck, life shot to pieces. He didn't set out to amputate my dad's hand, but that's what happened.

Im not saying its Alex McKinnon's fault, I'm just saying Jordan McLean will suffer in a completely different way. There could be two lives shattered here.

Good story mate.

What has happened to McKinnon is devasting for the poor man. I hope by some miracle he can recover. Lets hope the NRL can get him the best care at any cost.

I also feel for McLean. Whilst he did an illegal act in the game, it wasnt intentional or a cheap shot. He will have to live with this all his life.... & that would be tough.

mave

Coach
One tackle has shattered the lives of two young men in two different ways. Worse for one of course but still some empathy and probably some serious mental support needs to be shown to McClean.

Heartbreaking.

Has there been a fund set up yet for donations for McKinnon?

tumbidragon

First Grade
That's f**king tragic news if true. Thoughts are with you Alex :( Absolutely gutted for him, those close to him and the entire RL community.

skeepe

Immortal
Exactly! Funnily it is only Storm fans...'oh poor Jordan'...stuff that the merkin shouldn't have lifted Alex and he deserves every sledge in the book and every single week on the sidelines! Heck I hope every away crowd boos him like nothing before!

That's because you're a f**king despicable excuse for a human being.

BranVan3000

Coach
It's possible to have empathy even if he did something wrong.

It's a basic human emotion.

Like it or not people can have adverse reactions to something they did wrong. If we took your attitude we may as we'll turn our backs on everyone who makes mistakes.

I don't blame McLean, I don't wish punishment or grief upon him. But I have no empathy for him, he was careless and borderline reckless with his action. Malicious or not, 1 in a million chance or not, he has caused the worst kind of injury possible to McKinnon

I have empathy for McKinnon, his family, the Knights organisation and their fans. I could care less about McLean.

LESStar58

Referee
Someone jog my memory; how much stick did John Lomax get for the tackle that ended Adam Ritson's career in 1996?

Not at all, but he must accept responsibility for his actions, as Melbourne must do.

It will be interesting to see what eventuates.

He does need to take responsibility for it, McKinnon should not have been lifted, but the wankers in here screaming bloody murder need to pull their f**king heads in, McLean knows exactly what he has done, but that Ulwhateverhisf**kingnameis hoping it haunts him for the rest of his days?? Have you ever caused or known someone that caused another person permanent injury?? By your reaction I highly doubt it......

LESStar58

Referee
He does need to take responsibility for it, McKinnon should not have been lifted, but the wankers in here screaming bloody murder need to pull their f**king heads in, McLean knows exactly what he has done, but that Ulwhateverhisf**kingnameis hoping it haunts him for the rest of his days?? Have you ever caused or known someone that caused another person permanent injury?? By your reaction I highly doubt it......

Good post. Same question needs to be asked of cockyno1

innsaneink

Referee
Tragic terrible news, I wanted to believe it would all be OK despite the gnawing feeling in the back of my mind all week itd end like this

I feel sick hearing this....such a sad sad event, and gronk is correct, the NRL - rugby league, men of league must look after him and family for life, that said, reading about the community he comes from - and the type of people they are -this wont be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts