What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

God-King Dean

Immortal
A picture of 9/11

smoke-face.jpg

Gee, that image looks familiar.......

281px-Melbourne_Storm_logo.svg.png

magpie4ever

First Grade
Moments before this picture the han

20140330_123016_zpscf27c229.jpg

Ok, so where are the hands/arms between the legs. That looks like a normal legs tackle, there is no hand/arm on the inside of his legs - which is classified as hand/arm between the legs if there is a lift. McLean's left arm would need to be below Alex's right leg and up near the groin.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
The tacklers left hand is still on the inside of the thigh. The tackled players leg has been lifted above his waist. It is a text book example of what not to do.

The tackled player now has a broken next. It is a text book example of why this should not be done.

magpie4ever

First Grade
The tacklers left hand is still on the inside of the thigh. The tackled players leg has been lifted above his waist. It is a text book example of what not to do.

The tackled player now has a broken next. It is a text book example of why this should not be done.

Sorry, I disagree. McLean left arm would need to be below Alex's right leg to create the lift.

If not, every legs tackle would be illegal as arms/hands need to be on the legs.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Have you watched the tackle?

Yes, but I will not again knowing the result. This was an unfortunate accident of a 3 man tackle with the tackled player folding.

McLean should be found not guilty, unless the NRL are looking for a patsy to waylay public perception.

innsaneink

Referee
Troll....you are such a pathetic piece of shit Magpie, trolling in a thread of this nature...youre one lowlife scumbag

Its clear JMs hand lifted AMs leg

magpie4ever

First Grade
Troll....you are such a pathetic piece of shit Magpie, trolling in a thread of this nature...youre one lowlife scumbag

Its clear JMs hand lifted AMs leg

Listen dipshit, you have no knowledge of actually playing rugby league. You are a pathetic little Balmain turd.

There was no arm between the legs, it was an accident.

For other posters, I stress I'm not a storm fans but young McLean should not be made an example of for what was an accident.

Last edited:

jamesgould

Juniors
Yes, but I will not again knowing the result. This was an unfortunate accident of a 3 man tackle with the tackled player folding.

McLean should be found not guilty, unless the NRL are looking for a patsy to waylay public perception.

I thought you said you were gonna stop debating this out of respect for McKinnon?

jamesgould

Juniors
Just watching on tv, it's a very good crowd at Newcastle and clearly a very emotional day. Great tribute to Alex.

skeepe

Immortal
Shaun Fensom injured today trying to stop himself going head first into the ground in yet another tackle like the McKinnon tackle... no penalty.

Is beyond the horizontal illegal or not?

_Johnsy

Referee
Shaun Fensom injured today trying to stop himself going head first into the ground in yet another tackle like the McKinnon tackle... no penalty.

Is beyond the horizontal illegal or not?

FMD

I think you'll find it's perpendicular skeepe. :sarcasm:

elbusto

Coach
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-30/knights-say-mckinnon-makes-22small-advancement22/5355050

Alex McKinnon makes small advances in recovery from broken neck: Newcastle Knights

Updated 7 hours 36 minutes ago
Photo: Knights fans hold up signage in support of Alex McKinnon. (Getty: Ashley Feder)
Related Story: Knights fire for injured McKinnon

Map: Newcastle 2300

Injured Newcastle Knights player Alex McKinnon made a small advancement in his recovery on Sunday.
McKinnon, who remains in a Melbourne hospital after breaking his neck in last Monday's NRL clash with the Storm, has had his assisted ventilation removed and can now communicate with his family.
In a statement issued on Sunday night, the Newcastle Knights said McKinnon's breathing will be monitored while he undertakes intense physiotherapy before the next stage, which will hopefully involve a transfer to Sydney.
McKinnon's father Scott again wished to thank everyone for the continued support.
"It has been a highly emotional day for us and this is just a small stage in a long journey," he said.
"Once again, we can't thank everyone enough for the prayers and well wishes we have received for Alex and our family."
In an emotional clash on Sunday, the Knights dedicated their 30-0 win over Cronulla to McKinnon.

betcats

Referee
Nice tibute written by Wayne in the paper and awesome stuff up there at the game by eveyone involved.

All the best to Alex and his family.

I think I did(and possibly others) loose sight of how tragic this is in trying to analyse what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.