What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ali v Tyson ; who would win?

stormbati

Bench
Muhammad Ali v Mike Tyson.
Both in their prime, who would win?
My old man is a boxing tragic who was lucky enough to see Ali go around.
He reckons Ali would easily beat anyone after his time, including Tyson.
He even reckons Frazier would of beat Tyson.

What do you guys think?
I think Ali wouldve frustrated Tyson. Easily beating him.

mozza91

Coach
A focused and fit Tyson would win imo I've seen more of Tyson then Ali and I'm a big fan but that's my honest opinion.

anjado

Juniors
Ali took Foreman's best shots and he hit harder then Tyson. Ali had an awesome jab and every fighter to ever trouble Tyson had a good job. Ali would win Tyson's only advantage would be Power, he loses out on Speed,chin,heart,skill and anything you want to name.

Ali would mainly win because he had way more mental strength then Tyson ever had and he wouldn't be intimidated by him. Tyson won most of his fights before the bell had even rang, Ali wouldn't be afraid or scared and that would mean bad news for Tyson.

gUt

Coach
I think speed wise, Tyson at his prime would not have been much slower but the jab would be the difference.

Ram Man

Juniors
Tyson wasnt exactly known for any game plans being implemented in fights, would swing those devastating hooks and if he landed, it was lights out.
Ali would win this before he stepped into the ring...way too smart, Tyson would just try to knock his head off and Ali would keep distance with the jab, stick and move.
Doubt if Tyson would win a round

stormbati

Bench
Frazier did have some success against Ali, but after just watching some of his videos again, I think Tyson would have beaten Joe.

andrew057

First Grade
Lennox Lewis is a top 10 heavyweight of all time without doubt imo. I think he beats Tyson 8 or 9 times out of 10.

Tyson wouldn't land his trademark on Ali and would lose. Tyson couldn't box he just beat the sh*t out of opponents who were scared to death of him and Ali wouldn't have been scared and Ali also defeated better boxers than Tyson. I don't think Tyson would match it with Foreman, Ali, Frazier, Louis, Dempsey or Liston.

Joe Louis v Muhammad Ali would be a harder fight to call.

Lennox Lewis would get knocked out by both in their prime.

Last edited:
Tyson has always been overrated. He's not a true boxer, he was just a massive hitting "thug" type. Lennox Lewis would've carved Tyson up 10 or so years back and would've been a better match for Ali.

stormbati

Bench
Give me 10 Heavyweights you rate above him all time. Not saying youre wrong, everyone has a different opinion. Just intersting to see your 10.

Ali
Tyson
Frazier
Louis
Marciano

Ok fair enough, he's top 10 lol.

Maybe I don't like him cause he's British.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Ali would win, but imo the insinuation that these are the best two heavyweights of all time is off the mark. Tyson was the best for a short period of time, while Ali was one of at least 4 fighters in his era who were a good match for each other- Ali just happened to be the fan favourite, and very popular for a number of reasons, many of which weren't to do with boxing.

Personally I'm a big Lewis fan- it's just we'll never know how prime Lewis would stack up against prime Tyson. I don't buy the argument that Lewis flourished against weaker competition, I just think he was a late bloomer while Tyson was an early bloomer. I also think that while Tyson fans make all sorts of excuses for him and his reduced performances from Buster Douglas onwards, that Douglas exposed weaknesses that were always there. Tyson had pretty good skills and speed imo (wasn't just a wild slugger), but he didn't have a great chin, he didn't like getting hit, and of course he didn't have a great reach. Because of his safety first style people sometimes forget that Lewis had massive power....I can't see how Tyson could get Lewis before Lewis got Tyson.

What about prime Larry Holmes? Would've got Tyson too imo, even old-ass 1988 Holmes was giving Tyson a good run for his money before he inevitability got tagged.