What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All hell Breakin Loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozbash

Referee
Esoj said:
there is a reason i don't post over here much and this thread has proven it.

i find that hard to understand esog, after that farce last night i cant understand anyone with half a clue wanting to post there.

it shows the power mosh has over there with some of you guys and i think his new found relationship with the latest import will work out just peachey.:roll:

it would not have happened here.

ozbash

Referee
Sam_the_man said:
i cant find any posts about what you guys are talking about

luckily an admin had the foresight to delete the lot. i bet there are some embarrased people floating around nzmosh.com today.:crazy:

Esoj

Juniors
ozbash said:
i find that hard to understand esog, after that farce last night i cant understand anyone with half a clue wanting to post there.

it shows the power mosh has over there with some of you guys and i think his new found relationship with the latest import will work out just peachey.:roll:

it would not have happened here.

if only that was true. the name is esoj btw.

Esoj

Juniors
ozbash said:
luckily an admin had the foresight to delete the lot. i bet there are some embarrased people floating around nzmosh.com today.:crazy:

not really.

and mosh is a top bloke. I have known him for many years way before that site was even formed

ozbash

Referee
Esoj said:
not really.

and mosh is a top bloke. I have known him for many years way before that site was even formed

yea, we,ve had a bit to do with him one way or another as well.

you are certainly entitled to your opinion regard young mosh but it doesnt match mine.

Iafeta

Referee
Gidday Esoj

For the most part, I agree with you. Mosh has done a lot of good things connecting the rugby league community from the old Warriors site to NZwarriors.com. I also like debating with him various topics, he seems well informed. As I might add, I find your good self to be.

I'm not going to get into a slanging match about whose right, or whose wrong. I sit squarely in the middle on this. At the end of the day, my view is we're all just logins, with different views and as long as those views are represented and received then its a huge success.

My own perspective though is the Warriors Supporters Association that spanned nzwarriors, lu and rleague was in its infancy, yet still was effective in attaining its initial goal of putting across some points, and also developing what looked likely to be an effective communication stream. As long as the Association representatives put to the people at the top all the suggestions agreed upon from the various forums, I personally don't think it really matters who ran the show. At the end of the day, I think the only advantage they get is a handshake, and the loss of a few hours preparation and meeting. I don't have that sort of time, so I commend anyone willing to give it up.

The points I'm more keen to see explored is not the various personality clashes (and TBH, I've had discussions with a couple of members of the representatives that I wasn't too keen on from a personal stand point, but I still respect them because what drives them is success for the club and love of the game and thats plain to see), but how the meeting was perceived by the Warriors, did the meeting effectively achieve its goals, was the meeting successful in driving change - and to all those, from the minutes I read, it became quite clear the answer was yes.

I would suggest we could tidy it up a little for sure, when I do minutes for my team meetings I divide it up into a word document with columns Topic - Discussion - Initiated by - Action - By Date. And those items that are to be actioned by the next meeting are referred to in the next lot of meeting minutes. Following that, setting up key agendas, and a constitution. The constitution could have involved for the initial year following the status quo on membership, with one floating seat, and then the next year having three spots up for vote across the three forums, with perhaps 2 or 3 key people retained to retain consistency in dealing with the executives.

Finally, I'd like to reiterate, as long as the suggestions raised by the members of the three forums are broached and discussed with the Warriors, to me it doesn't really matter if Kurmet de Frog is the man with the handshake - although in its infancy in my opinion it is preferable to have the delegates be people who are perceived as being responsible, have some idea of how to run a business, and have some long term knowledge of the game of rugby league.

ozbash

Referee
Sam_the_man said:
you dont like nzwarriors or is it mosh you dont like or am i reading to much into it

nzwarriors could be a great site if it was allowed to develope. its owned /run by a control freak who seems to get his jollies from telling people what they can and cant do.

sad in a way, he doesnt realise the talent he has looking after the place, if he left them alone to do their thing nzwarriors would really take off.

there are 2 groups of posters over there, the young ones who go out of their way sucking up and defending mosh's every move and the older posters who like nothing better than telling mosh to get f**ked, they wont stand for his nonsense.

ultimately its the posters who are the forum. without them it makes no difference at all what the owner says.

this place was started because of an idiot like mosh. actually i can see a lot of very similar traits between the 2.

Iafeta

Referee
PDB, all I can say is the most common sense part of the action last night was debating the merits of who would win out of the Transformers and the Decepticons - more than meets the eye.

Esoj

Juniors
ozbash said:
nzwarriors could be a great site if it was allowed to develope. its owned /run by a control freak who seems to get his jollies from telling people what they can and cant do.

sad in a way, he doesnt realise the talent he has looking after the place, if he left them alone to do their thing nzwarriors would really take off.

there are 2 groups of posters over there, the young ones who go out of their way sucking up and defending mosh's every move and the older posters who like nothing better than telling mosh to get f**ked, they wont stand for his nonsense.

ultimately its the posters who are the forum. without them it makes no difference at all what the owner says.

there are 2 groups of posters there for sure. those that accept everybody regardless off how long they have been following the game and the other group that abuse power and tell many fans to shove it

this place was started because of an idiot like mosh. actually i can see a lot of very similar traits between the 2.

each to their own but this talent as you put it has actually done a lot of harm to many member on that forum. the posters are the forum for sure. many of whom don't like being bossed around by the older generation.

iafeta fair enough I guess. If I didn't know what I do i would proabbly stay on the fence as well.

Iafeta

Referee
What you know, or what you think you know, or what you've heard second hand that you think is the truth?

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Although I really don't know what the full story was about, it's terrible sad to see how it's effected everyone in a sense. I'm not saying waht went on was right or wrong but it certainly has soured things alot.
What Iafeta said about Mosh is partly true I don't doubt. He can be a bit much at the best of times. But I suppose if you were in his shoes then...well maybe you'd see (Ps I'm not defending him here I'm just saying).

It's meant to be a place of enjoyment and discussion and while some tend to get too offended by what others say (me included at times) I think it's all boiled down to the point where we have all become far too cynical and too seriouis. And quite frankly that is a damn shame.

Btw, I thought it was totally unfair that Jesbass got thrown smack into the middle when litterely he didn't do anything wrong

Esoj

Juniors
Iafeta said:
What you know, or what you think you know, or what you've heard second hand that you think is the truth?

don't really want to drag this site through a mess as well. I know what I know and I will leave it at that.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
my experience of moshs site is that there is an older generation telling others what to do as esoj says.havent seen to many young ones sucking up.

whos idea was the group that goes to the warriors and w scurrah with ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts