What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All-time low. Club dead soon.

Benek

Juniors
How many years back in NZ will it take to unf**k this club from what happened during Covid? It will be 3 years away from home, but I reckon it takes longer than three years to put right.

No good coach wants to come here.

All the best players we had are leaving.

No young talent through the pipeline due to no junior divisions.

Fans leaving in droves.

And the fact is, none of this will get better until we start winning. But it's a chicken and egg problem.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
How many years back in NZ will it take to unf**k this club from what happened during Covid? It will be 3 years away from home, but I reckon it takes longer than three years to put right.

No good coach wants to come here.

All the best players we had are leaving.

No young talent through the pipeline due to no junior divisions.

Fans leaving in droves.

And the fact is, none of this will get better until we start winning. But it's a chicken and egg problem.
And yet… we’ve done it before, in 2001. The club was closer to dying then than now.

vinnie delpino

Juniors
And yet… we’ve done it before, in 2001. The club was closer to dying then than now.
Difference being a change of ownership then brought positive things happening to the club the opposite is happening today. Honestly Cameron George is just as big as a joke ceo as Mohawk is a joke of an owner

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Difference being a change of ownership then brought positive things happening to the club the opposite is happening today. Honestly Cameron George is just as big as a joke ceo as Mohawk is a joke of an owner
The change of ownership/management then was Eric and Mick Watson. Were they really any better? I think the reality was that they got lucky with a coaching appointment and the emergence of some excellent juniors. And then they screwed up rorting the salary cap within 4 years.

Blair

Coach
The change of ownership/management then was Eric and Mick Watson. Were they really any better? I think the reality was that they got lucky with a coaching appointment and the emergence of some excellent juniors. And then they screwed up rorting the salary cap within 4 years.
Which, as most would know, cost us our place in the 2006 finals.

Last edited:

hitro

Juniors
Sounds like Andrew Webster is the new coach, this could be good. He is attack coach for Penrith and he's been with the Warriors in Auckland before.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Sounds like Andrew Webster is the new coach, this could be good. He is attack coach for Penrith and he's been with the Warriors in Auckland before.
Well our attack certainly needs work, more than defence I think. The latter is as much about turning up for 80 minutes.

vinnie delpino

Juniors
Can’t complain about 3 straight years of finals footy including a GF.
Mohawk and CG have provided zilch…..so yeah Mick and Eric were way better than these 2

Rich102

Staff member
This squad needs all the help they can get.
Rookie coach just doesn't cut it.
But good luck to him.

Latest posts