What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

all you idiots saying soward should be dropped..

Hutty1986

Immortal
Pearce is an immortal and future NSW captain. Want proof? He caught an easy regulation pass to score a try.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I think it should be Soward first receiver, Pearce second. Pearce has a pretty good short ball game and Soward is better with more space. I think a split halves combination only works for the more well rounded players. And if Hayne is in the team maybe dual fullbacks, keep em both fresh by sharing the role and let Hayne throw up some bombs.

Hutty1986

Immortal
haha :crazy: I gotta laugh at that.

Pearce played well and The try just added to how well he played in game one. He will keep it up and will form a good spine. I gotta respect Pearce.

Outside of genius_pearce's nuffy ramblings, I didn't mind Pearce's game the other night. Better than his usual dross. Have to keep this 6 and 7 together, it'll be interesting to see what they can conjure when they play behind a pack that actually performs!

Dragon2010

First Grade
Outside of genius_pearce's nuffy ramblings, I didn't mind Pearce's game the other night. Better than his usual dross. Have to keep this 6 and 7 together, it'll be interesting to see what they can conjure when they play behind a pack that actually performs!

We need a forward pack that actually preforms and gets in some meters and field position so our halves can work with the balls and utilize the space and field of play. The fact our forwards got so little meters made it a tough ball game for us.

In regards to that I still believe we played well considering:
- Small meters from forwards
- Morris mistake on the Yow-Yeh try
- Queensland had an extra 15 sets of six then us

Given that we had more balanced sets and better field of play we are strong. Every time we got into their half we looked dangerous and with better field of play we can hold them off.

Hutty1986

Immortal
We need a forward pack that actually preforms and gets in some meters and field position so our halves can work with the balls and utilize the space and field of play. The fact our forwards got so little meters made it a tough ball game for us.

In regards to that I still believe we played well considering:
- Small meters from forwards
- Morris mistake on the Yow-Yeh try
- Queensland had an extra 15 sets of six then us

Given that we had more balanced sets and better field of play we are strong. Every time we got into their half we looked dangerous and with better field of play we can hold them off.

They had 60% of the ball, absolutely murdered us up front, had incredibly dominant field position and came up with three scrappy, soft tries.
If we front up with the same commitment and a far better effort from the forwards, we can definitely even up the series.

Toads fans will stumble in and say how the Maroons were far below their best but they were genuinely rattled.

Dragon2010

First Grade
They had 60% of the ball, absolutely murdered us up front, had incredibly dominant field position and came up with three scrappy, soft tries.
If we front up with the same commitment and a far better effort from the forwards, we can definitely even up the series.

Toads fans will stumble in and say how the Maroons were far below their best but they were genuinely rattled.

Let them! The Maroons had to play hard to score and if they wanted to score and slap points on us they had two-three repeats sets of five on/near our line to do so. Our struggle was the forwards. In their 50 we were dangerous and they knew that. Jennings, Uate especially.

And far below their best? No Hodges no Inglis? We had no Gidley, No TLL, No Lewis either so were not full strength either.

Balance the posses ion more bring in some strong forwards and see what happens. The fans need to put trust and pride behind Ricky and the boys though. I definitely do...in the end it will count.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I think it should be Soward first receiver, Pearce second. Pearce has a pretty good short ball game and Soward is better with more space. I think a split halves combination only works for the more well rounded players. And if Hayne is in the team maybe dual fullbacks, keep em both fresh by sharing the role and let Hayne throw up some bombs.

So your saying play Dugan as the traditional fullback and get Hayne to play a roving Fullback that is on the wing and focuses more on the attack while the Dugan collects the bombs and gets the ball-in-to the field of play?

Tweed Titan

Bench
confirm the point of my confusion first. How was pearce "mainly throwing inside passes"

Warning before each post should be for Gaba - May use Pearce stereotypes generously.

He didn't throw an inside ball all night you idiot Gaba. Talk about beating his dead horse.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Thought crossed my mind. Although Dragon2010 seems like a good bloke. I guess there's always a chance that he is pearcelikesthemen's alter ego.

Cheers mate :) Nah all seriousness. No relations at all. Just a passionate NSW supporter that's all lol. The thought cant cross your mind but in the end two totally separate people.