What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternate Scenario - But alas He's A Rookie Coach

Noise

Coach
I'll take that, just going through the week being able to contemplate the possibility of winning on a weekend would be a huge step up from where we've been the last 6 years.

It's always fun to read everyone talking up the big steps forward we have made but then I glance at the table and, us always at the bottom, just can't help wonder what some people on here are smokin. Gotta get me some of that wacky tobaccy

I know. There are no positives to take out of the past 6 years. People are delusional.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'll take that, just going through the week being able to contemplate the possibility of winning on a weekend would be a huge step up from where we've been the last 6 years.

It's always fun to read everyone talking up the big steps forward we have made but then I glance at the table and, us always at the bottom, just can't help wonder what some people on here are smokin. Gotta get me some of that wacky tobaccy
You talk too much sense on here, we should be excited where we are atm. :)

The Colonel

Immortal
I'm over the sheer lack of stupidity that is displayed by the club. Tired of where we sit on the ladder.... We really haven't had a decent season for ten years.... And I include 2009 because really we were pretty f**ked for most of the season.

I just feel that The Ram expects it to be something that can be changed in two minutes and that its just by simply throwing money at 18 year olds that we will change the direction of the club. If it was so simple every club would do it.....

BennyBoy

Juniors
I'm over the sheer lack of stupidity that is displayed by the club. Tired of where we sit on the ladder.... We really haven't had a decent season for ten years.... And I include 2009 because really we were pretty f**ked for most of the season.

I just feel that The Ram expects it to be something that can be changed in two minutes and that its just by simply throwing money at 18 year olds that we will change the direction of the club. If it was so simple every club would do it.....
I don't think anyone including Ram expects it to be changed in 2 minutes. I would expect however that SOME progress towards rebuilding the club be made over the last 6/7 years and as of this moment I don't see any.

Those thinking Scott and Foran arriving next year will deliver us a premiership (including our illustrious chairman) should get off the dope.

Whether we like it or not the media is right, our club, for whatever reasons, is a basket case and although we keep turning over players, coaches and directors nothing f@#cking changes. The only relief I've experienced in the last 30 years is a 6 year period under Smithy, the other 24 years have been crap.

Noise

Coach
I don't think anyone including Ram expects it to be changed in 2 minutes. I would expect however that SOME progress towards rebuilding the club be made over the last 6/7 years and as of this moment I don't see any.

Those thinking Scott and Foran arriving next year will deliver us a premiership (including our illustrious chairman) should get off the dope.

Whether we like it or not the media is right, our club, for whatever reasons, is a basket case and although we keep turning over players, coaches and directors nothing f@#cking changes. The only relief I've experienced in the last 30 years is a 6 year period under Smithy, the other 24 years have been crap.

98 - 2009 was a good period overall. Plenty of semi finals, GF qualifers and 2 Grand Finals.

The Colonel

Immortal
98 - 2009 was a good period overall. Plenty of semi finals, GF qualifers and 2 Grand Finals.

2009 was an unreal run on the back of a couple of players playing football we can only imagine of happening on a regular basis. Yes, we almost won a premiership but even the then coach Anderson couldn't explain why things turned out the way that it did. One wrong game in that run and we were gone. It was a great ride but up until then we were pretty f**king ordinary.

We have been on a downward spiral since Smith left the club. There have been some moments since then but nothing like we had when Smith was here. 2005 was our last really consistent period of football. Since then we have been a basket case with little to no consistency.

Noise

Coach
2009 was an unreal run on the back of a couple of players playing football we can only imagine of happening on a regular basis. Yes, we almost won a premiership but even the then coach Anderson couldn't explain why things turned out the way that it did. One wrong game in that run and we were gone. It was a great ride but up until then we were pretty f**king ordinary.

We have been on a downward spiral since Smith left the club. There have been some moments since then but nothing like we had when Smith was here. 2005 was our last really consistent period of football. Since then we have been a basket case with little to no consistency.

We had 1 bad game in that run (flogged against the dragons) and were not gone.

2007 was also a consistent year.

TheRam

Coach

WHAT??? Changed in two minutes? You are kidding? Try 29 years and counting. And yes throwing money, as you say, at juniors is one piece of the puzzle but not every piece.

But as we all know our piss weak management and instability has hobbled us all the way down the line. As Gibbo famously said, "it starts in the front office".

I have pointed it out many times, but Easts and Canterbury are the template in Sydney. They have f**k all juniors compared to us, but they are run like a well oiled machines. And they do "throw" a lot of money at junior recruitment, but more importantly at the best coaches and then those coaches get the best players.

When they misjudge the coach and he doesn't pan out as expected, they move quickly and ruthlessly and rectify the problem. They are virtually within any 3 year period in contention for the semis and more often then not title contenders.

They don't sit there telling their fans that they have some grand master, super duper, awesome inspiring, mind blowing, genius f**king 5 year plan, that keeps stretching out to infinity. Otherwise I can guarantee you that those two clubs would not be here as the entities that they are today. They never had the fan support that clubs like Parra have due to demographics and a stellar decade within the 70s & 80s.

But what do we get for all our hard earned cash and years of dedication is constant excuses and endless smoke blown up our arse to appease our disappointment and fury at their endless failures.

So here I am reading within these forums all your collective whinging and frustration that only supports most of what I have posted, and what do you all do? Turn on me like a bunch of self policing, feral school kids taking down the disagreeable one. Cognitive dissonance much?

Some of the very posts in this thread are rich coming from you guys. But then again not surprising. People are predictable. So just keep loving our club and the direction it is heading in, but after every loss have a meltdown and vent your anger, then on Monday be happy again and praise the Lord that we are finally on track to having a winning culture and team that we will all be proud of and can win us the Title. I must say though that I envy you lot and how you can do this kind of brain flipping and live in a parallel world of denial and bliss.

For me though the only Title that I can see for years to come is the one that we already have, it's known as the BIGGEST CHUPMS of the NRL and all the other fans, players and administrators in the land of Rugby League know it.

But I suppose it's a good thing you guys don't. Life's better that way. Be happy, hell it's only a game after all right?

So go ahead, sharpen your knives fellas, the sacrificial lamb(Ram) supporter has challenged you again. He must be a nut job, he only sees reality. What a weirdo. Lets get him! The clubs doing just fine. Just a couple more wins and we'll be challenging for the 8. Hell who knows, a premiership is probably possible. This guy's just a loser and a negative arse clown. Lets just chuckle at him...hahahahaha. What a nonsense talking d**k downer!!!

T.S Quint

Coach

The only games we got flogged in that year were against Brisbane and Nth QLD (in the prelim).
We beat the Dragons at Parra, then lost to them by 3 points at Kogarah.

The Colonel

Immortal

In 2009 we had won 5 games and one draw from the first 18 rounds. We were in a very similar position to the one we are in currently - coming into Round 11 we had won three games and had one draw. The season finished dramatically and well for us but when you look at it overall we were pretty ordinary up until Round 18. We had a overall for and against differential of +3. We didn't "cement" our position in the top eight until Round 25. At that point we couldn't miss out on the right not finish any higher than eight. We had one bad game in the last ten but prior to that we were very ordinary.

2007 was a good season yea but was pretty much a leftover of what Smith had created.

It's been pretty ordinary since. Coaches coming and going, players, administration....

Stability will help fix the club. Not griping about want new coaches and wanting to change everything because it's, quite obviously, not working at the moment. We are moving ahead. Certainly not in the way, as fans, we would like. It's been shit for so long and while I am not happy with what is going on I feel they are trying to rectify the situation.

Chipmunk

Coach
In 2009 we had won 5 games and one draw from the first 18 rounds. We were in a very similar position to the one we are in currently - coming into Round 11 we had won three games and had one draw. The season finished dramatically and well for us but when you look at it overall we were pretty ordinary up until Round 18. We had a overall for and against differential of +3. We didn't "cement" our position in the top eight until Round 25. At that point we couldn't miss out on the right not finish any higher than eight. We had one bad game in the last ten but prior to that we were very ordinary.

2007 was a good season yea but was pretty much a leftover of what Smith had created.

It's been pretty ordinary since. Coaches coming and going, players, administration....

Stability will help fix the club. Not griping about want new coaches and wanting to change everything because it's, quite obviously, not working at the moment. We are moving ahead. Certainly not in the way, as fans, we would like. It's been shit for so long and while I am not happy with what is going on I feel they are trying to rectify the situation.

So basically for us to make the Top 8 this year, we would need a run like we had at the back end of 2009?

TheRam

Coach

Good for you, I just don't think they are up to it. Results speak louder then words old man. And our future looks bleak no matter how you spin it. We have paid way to much for guys that are at best good(Foran and Scott) to average(Watmough).

Like I said, not astute signings at all, next year is going to sort all you apologist out again, but then again you will deny ever being happy with these new signings.

The Colonel

Immortal
Good for you, I just don't think they are up to it. Results speak louder then words old man. And our future looks bleak no matter how you spin it. We have paid way to much for guys that are at best good(Foran and Scott) to average(Watmough).

Like I said, not astute signings at all, next year is going to sort all you apologist out again, but then again you will deny ever being happy with these new signings.

In your opinion. Which, in my opinion, is based on far too much emotion than practical thought.

The Colonel

Immortal
So basically for us to make the Top 8 this year, we would need a run like we had at the back end of 2009?

At this point of the season, no. Round 18, most certainly. We need to find some consistency over the next five to six weeks, and while at this point it doesn't look likely, it's not at a point where we are talking about mathematical possibilities....

Chipmunk

Coach
At this point of the season, no. Round 18, most certainly. We need to find some consistency over the next five to six weeks, and while at this point it doesn't look likely, it's not at a point where we are talking about mathematical possibilities....

I started a thread last week that suggested we really need to make a move in this middle part of the season. I think we need to realistically win 5-6 of our next 7 if we have Top 8 aspirations. We don't have The Plane around to be chasing impossible dreams late in the season

The Colonel

Immortal
I started a thread last week that suggested we really need to make a move in this middle part of the season. I think we need to realistically win 5-6 of our next 7 if we have Top 8 aspirations. We don't have The Plane around to be chasing impossible dreams late in the season

That's pretty much it....

TheRam

Coach
In your opinion. Which, in my opinion, is based on far too much emotion than practical thought.

Emotion is by far the number one reason that we all follow any sport in the first place. That my friend is sport. As for little practical thought, results give us all a clue as to who is being practical or not...in my opinion.

And as for future predictive results, I assess the new players we have acquired for next season. $1.2m for a non playmaking half, when that is our primary issue as a team. Then there is the $700k for a good aggressive backrower, but nearing his used by date and very injury prone to supplement the one we already bought for this year.

Now unless our current NRL players surprise us all and become consistent first graders or we unearth a genuine player maker and or speedsters for our backline that can produce consistent NRL performances from our lower grades, then where the hell do you see much of an improvement?

Footy isn't rocket science. But the way our club is run, they would like to make you think it was.

Noise

Coach
The only games we got flogged in that year were against Brisbane and Nth QLD (in the prelim).
We beat the Dragons at Parra, then lost to them by 3 points at Kogarah.

What the f**k? I was talking about 2009 in my first point.We lost to dragons 37-0 in the final game of the regular season. My last point was about 2007 where we had a consistent season.

TheRam

Coach
As my opening post stated, the players we need were all available if we wanted them and a couple of them would of been relatively cheap. The problem was we didn't.

And there in lies the problem, we have people in positions of power that are continually getting it wrong.

This is not my opinion. This is fact. When results start to go the other way then we would of addressed the problem.

Till then I am right and all of you twits that have the opposite view are freakin wrong. Get a grip, it's a results freakin business. We are vying for the spoon once again and we have over paid for players that aren't quite what we need for next season.

:x :lol:

emjaycee

Coach
As my opening post stated, the players we need were all available if we wanted them and a couple of them would of been relatively cheap. The problem was we didn't.

And there in lies the problem, we have people in positions of power that are continually getting it wrong.

This is not my opinion. This is fact. When results start to go the other way then we would of addressed the problem.

Till then I am right and all of you twits that have the opposite view are freakin wrong. Get a grip, it's a results freakin business. We are vying for the spoon once again and we have over paid for players that aren't quite what we need for next season.

:x :lol:

Not saying you're wrong but how do you know how much we have paid for the players that are coming next year and how do you know that the players we need were not made an offer and they rejected it?

It appears that you are quick to blame the management and coaching staff for missing out on certain players but you really don't know the true story do you? You are making a guess at what goes on because you don't see a change that you want occurring.

Are you aware for example that we have Lee Crooks' final year included in the 2nd tier cap so as to free up a top 25 spot for this year? Or did our current management make a mistake and they should have left Crooks in the Top 25 and not signed a replacement in Fa'aoso or Wicks?

There is definitely a long way to go until we get where we all want the eels to be but as fans we really don't get to see all the machinations that occur behind the scene - we just see the result which NO ONE is saying are where we want them to be after 10 rounds of season 2015.