What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternate Scenario - But alas He's A Rookie Coach

I will be turning sixty this year and I've been following and supporting the Eels since 1964. I've watched the team through good years and bad. The times in the sixties when we were called 'The Easybeats'; the other times in the sixties when players like Ken Thornett, Ron Lynch and Dick Thornett got my pulse racing; the early seventies when we were hopeless; the late seventies and early eighties when I was proud to be an Eels supporter and got to watch us in seven grand final appearances; the nineties - which were really hard; the Smith years; and now ........ this. In all that time, I've hardly missed a game - either at the ground, on telly or on the radio. But I must say, I don't think I'll bother watching this weekend. I just couldn't really care less anymore.
I suppose I'll wait to see what Keiran Foran and Beau Scott bring to the table next year, but I'm not very hopeful. I completely understand why Parra Pete gave up on Parramatta after all those years. I think by the end of next year I'll be a Wanderers fan. Sad. But at my age, I don't feel like investing any more of my time or emotion in this team. The Parramatta Rugby League Team can continue to muddle along without me.

I understand where you're coming from, but I'm kinda hopeful about this week. A good home record against the Warriors in particular, and you never know what those guys are gonna produce anyway.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
You make it all sound so simple Ram. I should been more astute it seems and married a Brazilian Super Model.

If it meant f**king her early n the morning, in the shower, then in the kitchen, in the car on the way to work, in the office many times during the day, in the car on the way home, on the side of the road over the bonnet, then under a tree nearby and continued on f**king her during the evening before the movies, during the movie and then after the movie, and then repeated this natural bonding lifestyle for years on end, then you should have been more astute Gronk.

TheRam

Coach
Fact? No.

Still opinion. Yours.

Just because players have performed at new clubs doesn't suggest that they would have performed here nor
that just because they were available they were interested in coming to our club. You are basing most of your opinion on assumption and trying to pass it on as fact.

I will be turning sixty this year and I've been following and supporting the Eels since 1964. I've watched the team through good years and bad. The times in the sixties when we were called 'The Easybeats'; the other times in the sixties when players like Ken Thornett, Ron Lynch and Dick Thornett got my pulse racing; the early seventies when we were hopeless; the late seventies and early eighties when I was proud to be an Eels supporter and got to watch us in seven grand final appearances; the nineties - which were really hard; the Smith years; and now ........ this. In all that time, I've hardly missed a game - either at the ground, on telly or on the radio. But I must say, I don't think I'll bother watching this weekend. I just couldn't really care less anymore.
I suppose I'll wait to see what Keiran Foran and Beau Scott bring to the table next year, but I'm not very hopeful. I completely understand why Parra Pete gave up on Parramatta after all those years. I think by the end of next year I'll be a Wanderers fan. Sad. But at my age, I don't feel like investing any more of my time or emotion in this team. The Parramatta Rugby League Team can continue to muddle along without me.

I don't think you're the only one brother. That is exactly what is happening to me. To much emotion, money and years, for very little in return and no end in sight.

Foran over DCE, are they kidding? :crazy:

BennyBoy

Juniors
LOL, you sure your not my dad, he used to be a fanatic eel but was saying the exact same thing and lately has totally given up watching any games.

As much as many on here believe Sharpie is the saviour I see no improvement since he took over. While he's no worse than the others, not a crook like Spags or a dictator like Fitzy, he's also no better in all other respects of professional management and leadership. If the constant rumours of confusion/conflict/tension between his management appointments (Arthur, Sharp, Anderson and Seward) are true then that's of his personal making. Our recurring recruitment/retention of washed up/over rated players (Sandow, Mannah, Champion, fa'aoso, Choc, Robinson, Taka, Seffa, Falou, Scott, DeGois and even Gordon) is a reflection of this and stinks of short term quick fix desperation. Granted Foran is a good signing and we were lucky with Wicks but that does not make up for the ineffective crap we have recycled through the club over the last 6 years.

We started on a downhill slide once Smith left and now it infects all grades and all aspects of the club and shows in the pathetic performance of all grades. If it was just one grade then you could blame the coach or the players but when it is consistent across all three then it is a management/recruitment issue.

I admit I have no idea how to fix it which is why I haven't sought a position at the club, but I suspect those that have sought a position and are being paid to fix it know no more than I do.