What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Grand Final online broadcast (Saturday 23rd August 4:00pm EST)

BCSharksRLFC

Juniors
I'm sure this will excite at least some people; myself and the nice people over at ARN are looking to team up and broadcast the GF online LIVE for the first time ever. This would be a great way for guys outside the country and tons of folks within the US to see this game. Also the game against NZ as the curtain raiser.

What do you guys think about this?

T to the T

Juniors
I look forward to watching domestic American RL (who thought we'd be saying that!) on August the 23rd:cool: Keep up the good work guys:)

jim_57

Staff member
Yes Please!!!

I'll have to find somewhere to watch it seeing as I can't get broadband.

roopy

Referee
Fantastic.
I watched the WC qualifiers on the net, and while the quality was dreadful, it was great to be able to see anything at all.

Within a few years i expect all games will be on the net.

westie

Bench
Fantastic.
I watched the WC qualifiers on the net, and while the quality was dreadful, it was great to be able to see anything at all.

Within a few years i expect all games will be on the net.

Did you select the high bitrate stream? The quality is pretty bloody good I reckon. I've pumped it through to my tele and it looks nice.

roopy

Referee
Did you select the high bitrate stream? The quality is pretty bloody good I reckon. I've pumped it through to my tele and it looks nice.
I don't know where the problem lies - but my set up was not up to anything but broken transmission on the low res - but better than nothing.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Obviously it would be great to have the GF online. I would do everything I could to watch as I have seen very little of league in the US.

It would be great if you could track the number of viewers. This info could then be used to try and maybe sell some advertising (perhaps you could do this this time as well) for the next GF, and even finals. Then you present these figures to local TV stations....

Poul

Juniors
American Rugby News (www.americanrugbynews.com) has announced that it will provide the first 'live" play by play call of the AMNRL Championship Final at Fort Dix NJ on Saturday 23rd August.

My question is, will this be video or just live scores? I guess anything will be better than nothing. ARN should be congratulated for their initiative :clap:

BCSharksRLFC

Juniors
I am actually working with ARN & the AMNRL to make the live webcast happen. Until we work out some kinks the "live play by play call" is a definite, which means live audio color commentary of the game. Once I figure out the technical side of webcasting the game, the video PLUS the color commentary would both be streaming live as one entity.

I've figured out a good bit of it. If anyone has ever webcasted before and can throw some help out there - let me know!

Thanks

skrabsta

Juniors
The GF has got some exposure on the NRL website - hopefully this generates a bit more interest in the game over there - here is the story -
AMNRL Grand Final live online
NRL.com

The 2008 AMNRL Grand Final will be available online ‘live’ and direct from the Fort Dix Military Base in New Jersey this Saturday, August 23rd.

The American National Rugby League and American Rugby News are proud to announce that they are partnering to provide a FREE broadcast of the big game on www.amnrl.com and www.americanrugbynews.com

“This is an exciting time for both ARN and the AMNRL,” said American Rugby News editor Brian Lowe. “We are the only rugby media outlet in the United States that covers the great game of rugby league and we’re absolutely thrilled to be able to bring our listeners live coverage of this year’s Grand Final.

“It will mark the first time that an American rugby league game has been broadcast live in America, and ARN is truly honored to be part of this ground breaking event.”

"The American National Rugby League Cup Final XI promises to be the most exciting Grand Final event we have ever hosted, and the support of American Rugby News in sharing our information all season, along with a 'live' call of the Grand Final is fantastic. American Rugby News has been a tremendous source of rugby league information in America and it is exciting to know that our Cup Final will be available to rugby league fans across the USA and all around the world!", said David Niu, President of the American National Rugby League.

The league’s perennial powerhouse club Aston DSC Bulls will be making an unprecedented 11th straight appearance in a Grand Final and will face a tough challenge in the New Haven Warriors.

This will be the Warriors’ first ever appearance in an AMNRL Grand Final. Both teams have been the form sides of the 2008 season after running the table during the regular season and winning their respective playoff games.

The Grand Final is scheduled to kick off at 4pm (EDT). The pre-game show will start at 3:45pm.

Click here to listen ‘live’.

Coverage of this year’s Grand Final is proudly sponsored by Rah Rah Rugby – specializing in the recruitment and placement of players and coaches around the world.

Latest posts