What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amone guilty.

He came close enough.

He’s just lucky.

Roofie was terrified jumping for his life so he wouldn’t get bashed in the head with a hammer and killed.

Maybe he wanted a brain injury?

Doesn’t need an eye?

Fractured skull?

Quadriplegic?

Paraplegic?

Vegetable?

Jaw broken up?

Hands up who wants the Amones and their ‘ken attitude living next door?

I’m not having a go at you, I love your posts but these guys are really dangerous.

I’m surprised the Prosecution are taking so long to appeal.

They should have left the court and made straight for the registry.
I appreciate your comments regarding my posts, and I take no offence to your views. I’m just surprised at their intensity, unless of course, you are the Tradie, Hahaha.

‘Maybe he wanted a brain injury? Doesn’t need an eye? Fractured skull? Quadriplegic? Paraplegic? Vegetable? Jaw broken up?’ Maybe, but none of these outcomes eventuated. I’m just saying that, unless you have form, you can’t punish someone for what might have happened the same as if it did happen.

Punishments in the NRL are often harsher when serious injury is sustained, even when there is no intent to injure. A swinging arm or an attempted shoulder charge, with intent, that misses gets bugger all.

If all the hypothetical situations were tangible for all offenses - Example DUI – The prisons would be overflowing with lifers (I am not defending drink driving)

The father has history and deserves all he gets. The son is 21 and has been given an opportunity to follow a different path to his dad. His first step should be to own it and use AFB as a template for the path ahead.

I reckon Junior’s punishment is severe, appropriate, and consistent in the application of the law.

I also do not want him wearing the RED V, similar to AFB after his conviction.

I appreciate your comments regarding my posts, and I take no offence to your views. I’m just surprised at their intensity, unless of course, you are the Tradie, Hahaha.

‘Maybe he wanted a brain injury? Doesn’t need an eye? Fractured skull? Quadriplegic? Paraplegic? Vegetable? Jaw broken up?’ Maybe, but none of these outcomes eventuated. I’m just saying that, unless you have form, you can’t punish someone for what might have happened the same as if it did happen.

Punishments in the NRL are often harsher when serious injury is sustained, even when there is no intent to injure. A swinging arm or an attempted shoulder charge, with intent, that misses gets bugger all.

If all the hypothetical situations were tangible for all offenses - Example DUI – The prisons would be overflowing with lifers (I am not defending drink driving)

The father has history and deserves all he gets. The son is 21 and has been given an opportunity to follow a different path to his dad. His first step should be to own it and use AFB as a template for the path ahead.

I reckon Junior’s punishment is severe, appropriate, and consistent in the application of the law.

I also do not want him wearing the RED V, similar to AFB after his conviction.

I like your posts too and we are discussing the issue, not each other, as it should be!

I was a bit dramatic sure, but my argument is that the worst doesn’t have to happen to conjure up a condemnation.

So we have laws pertaining to recklessness, negligence etc.

I also think it was reasonably foreseeable that roofie could have been killed fleeing for his life and getting injured along the way.

He’s being chased on a 2 story roof by an angry young guy with a hammer.
Someone below is urging the young guy to “kill him”

I think the penalty does meet community expectations.

Her Honour has fallen into legal error.

This is the brightest of green lights. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Last edited:
Amone will learn a life lesson from this close shave with prison and should now become a better person and footy player. So I say lets stick with the Tongan international as imho he has untapped potential, could even be another Luai. He will blossom in partnership with a half the calibre of Dearden along with our new support staff that will strengthen his weaknesses. So instead of another club benefiting from his talent, as happened with Bud, let his own club benefit instead.

redVinme

Bench
Amone will learn a life lesson from this close shave with prison and should now become a better person and footy player. So I say lets stick with the Tongan international as imho he has untapped potential, could even be another Luai. He will blossom in partnership with a half the calibre of Dearden along with our new support staff that will strengthen his weaknesses. So instead of another club benefiting from his talent, as happened with Bud, let his own club benefit instead.
What lesson will he learn? He wouldn't even admit fault. Wouldn't take responsibility or accountability for his own actions. Only thing he has learnt is that you can act like a total piece of shit and not see jail time for it due to being in a position of power.

I get the theory but couldn't disagree more.
The club is in no way going do benefit from having a suspended player on the books AGAIN.

Draginzaaar

Bench
He has no credibility, shows no remorse and said he wasn't even there. Yep great bloke.

For someone who posts so much about law, court procedures, police responsibilities, magistrates findings etc I thought you would be a fan of due process.
Is it a tigers thing that you would rather put your club at risk than some punters perception?

I’m not sure what you mean?

Walpole

Juniors
He can learn plenty of life lessons without being an NRL player. He could even get himself into a trade, wouldn't that be ironic. For a sport that wants to grow and appeal to a wide variety of people including women and children, you'd think being a convicted criminal would eliminate players from taking part.

56to66

Juniors
Everyone deserves a second chance, like the rest of the bad boys that have played for the Red V.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The media will have a field day if Saints sack Amone and sign AFB. A great opportunity to slam the Dragons. Sacked a youngster and pick up another ex-youngster who did a crime whilst at Saints. Better still if the keep Amone and don't get AFB they will say Saints quick to sack AFB when a youngster but not Amone for a criminal matter. Whatever happens I am sure it will end up with a negative article about the club as per usual unless they don't end up with both.

If Amone admitted guilt and showed some kind of remorse it would be so much a different story and I am sure people's vies would change. Why should people be showing this guy so much sympathy when he was telling the courts he was not even there and clearly has none for the victim. Doing the crime was bad enough and could have been from a moment of madness because god knows what was going through his mind at the time. But his handling of it afterwards was pretty pathetic.

I was looking forward to seeing this kid with Sullivan play a huge part in Saints future to success and both are gone. How sad would it be if Saints sack him and he ends up at Wests and in a few years time we see Sullivan and Amone win a comp together.

justadragon

Bench
I said this before Junior would not have done this without it being learned behaviour, for your old man to say things like " yeah go kill him " FFS he obviously has no idea himself on being a role model or raising a family !!! As for not telling the truth I know Amone could have stood up and done the right thing to show remorse and admit guilt, but I'll blame his lawyers for that, they actually did their job, they got the best deal for their client but in the process F&%ked his reputation. I'm a firm believer that everyone deserves a second chance especially after you do your punishment, I'm sure that Amone did not get the punishment that was needed. He's a lot younger in the head than 21 and quite obviously easily led and manipulated. I dont condone his actions and never would, but he has a bazaar family background which cant be overlooked, his supposedly role model is now in jail and probably should have been earlier with his previous occurrences. I'm going to go with the general consensus of what this forum think we should do with him, because I'm very confused about the whole situation.

I like your posts too and we are discussing the issue, not each other, as it should be!

I was a bit dramatic sure, but my argument is that the worst doesn’t have to happen to conjure up a condemnation.

So we have laws pertaining to recklessness, negligence etc.

I also think it was reasonably foreseeable that roofie could have been killed fleeing for his life and getting injured along the way.

He’s being chased on a 2 story roof by an angry young guy with a hammer.
Someone below is urging the young guy to “kill him”

I think the penalty does meet community expectations.

Her Honour has fallen into legal error.

This is the brightest of green lights. I’ve never seen anything like it.
As none of us have all the facts that her honour had at her disposal, for us it’s a case of ‘believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see”. Although never perfect, we can only trust the legal system.
I think we must just agree to disagree 😊

I look forward to your future contributions.
Always interesting

As none of us have all the facts that her honour had at her disposal, for us it’s a case of ‘believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see”. Although never perfect, we can only trust the legal system.
I think we must just agree to disagree 😊

I look forward to your future contributions.
Always interesting

All good and vice versa.

Just put the fact aside that junior is the offender, let’s say it’s someone else, I’d still be arguing they should be doing a spell inside.

We can’t have people running amok like this and getting a peck on the cheek.

The message is don’t plead guilty, don’t give evidence, cost us taxpayers hundreds of thousands and you’ll be red carpeted back to the hood before dinner time.

I’ve got a mate who is a detective inspector, we were texting last night, he’s stunned. He won’t lose sleep over it, too battle hardened lol.

“NSW state of lawlessness” should be the new number plate slogan.

Almost anything goes now.

R v Amone will be relied upon for years to come in courts all around the land.

His lawyer, walks on water. Due is due for him I guess. Just taken the whole nrl naughty player market in a day.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I said this before Junior would not have done this without it being learned behaviour, for your old man to say things like " yeah go kill him " FFS he obviously has no idea himself on being a role model or raising a family !!! As for not telling the truth I know Amone could have stood up and done the right thing to show remorse and admit guilt, but I'll blame his lawyers for that, they actually did their job, they got the best deal for their client but in the process F&%ked his reputation. I'm a firm believer that everyone deserves a second chance especially after you do your punishment, I'm sure that Amone did not get the punishment that was needed. He's a lot younger in the head than 21 and quite obviously easily led and manipulated. I dont condone his actions and never would, but he has a bazaar family background which cant be overlooked, his supposedly role model is now in jail and probably should have been earlier with his previous occurrences. I'm going to go with the general consensus of what this forum think we should do with him, because I'm very confused about the whole situation.
Well now that Junior and Senior Amone have been respectively sentenced, it might now be appropriate for Junior to offer up a massive apology and show his remorse for what he and his dad did and add that he has learned a lesson or two and will carry out the two year ICO as imposed by the Magistrate.

Hopefully he will get the chance to fully rehabilitate and get on with life and continue to play league no matter which club it might be with.

All good and vice versa.

Just put the fact aside that junior is the offender, let’s say it’s someone else, I’d still be arguing they should be doing a spell inside.

We can’t have people running amok like this and getting a peck on the cheek.

The message is don’t plead guilty, don’t give evidence, cost us taxpayers hundreds of thousands and you’ll be red carpeted back to the hood before dinner time.

I’ve got a mate who is a detective inspector, we were texting last night, he’s stunned. He won’t lose sleep over it, too battle hardened lol.

“NSW state of lawlessness” should be the new number plate slogan.
Could be worse, we could be Americans

1702348453236.png

Well now that Junior and Senior Amone have been respectively sentenced, it might now be appropriate for Junior to offer up a massive apology and show his remorse for what he and his dad did and add that he has learned a lesson or two and will carry out the two year ICO as imposed by the Magistrate.

Hopefully he will get the chance to fully rehabilitate and get on with life and continue to play league no matter which club it might be with.

All noble intentions, but he’s not about to own up, that ship has well and truly sailed.

These people think they are right about everything.

All noble intentions, but he’s not about to own up, that ship has well and truly sailed.

These people think they are right about everything.
Criminal Lawyers always advise their clients to deny an allegation unless the client admits to the lawyer that he committed the crime.

The dude is 21 years of age and followed the professional advice he received.

Was it morally bankrupt? Sure

Unfortunately the law and morality are often not aligned.

denis preston

First Grade
No , No, no ( IMO no) So you advocate just not sacking him but resigning him ? Untapped potential? Has had a couple of seasons now and again IMO is way too slow, not committed in defence, dumb as dogshit and a liability to our sponsorship.

Not condoning juniors method, but put yourself in his shoes at his age, and you see your dad being taunted and threatened by 2 guys with criminal backgrounds and a past history of feuding with your dad.....what are you going to do?

Best outcome was dad going away for a year or two. Junior now has the chance to grow up and be the main provider for his family. Certainly worth supporting the kid, rather than turn your back and wipe your hands of him. One more strike and out for mine.