What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An off season eels trivia game.

parra pete

Referee
Gary Pethybridge....used to own greyhounds with my dad. Took one of the biggest dives ever, I forget who was supposed to have punched him. His son Scott had a bit of a short career in the nrl.

David Penna....

David Penna - used to pen the greyhounds that Gary and ME's dad owned...just kidding

David Penna - scored five tries against South Sydney (President's Cup in 1990) Now coaching Manly Toyota Cup team, and could, successfully, have a see-saw with Greg Inglis atm.

Phil Jelley -

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Gary Pethybridge....used to own greyhounds with my dad. Took one of the biggest dives ever, I forget who was supposed to have punched him. His son Scott had a bit of a short career in the nrl.

David Penna....

David Penna - Watched a game of Reserve grade in the muddiest conditions and that number 17 jersey he was wearing was immaculate, not a speck of mud on him when everyone else looked like mud men.

parra pete

Referee
And Dave Woods..the ex Raider was a good bloke as well. Character, who apparently died by his own hand. I could tell you some funny things about the late David Woods.
The reason I posted leave the answer to Springs is that David Woods is a Rankins Springs product, Springs' home territory, a little Village situated between Goolgowi and Weethalle.
David Woods could have been one of the all time greats, except for injury. He was one of the most sought after players of his time, and the Eels were able to snare his signature.
He was made a LIFE MEMBER of the Club in 1997.
David had one last season with Halifax in the English Super League before retiring.

Mick Pattinson

jono

Juniors
Patto left the Eels for Souths only to return to the Eels a couple of years later. He then left us for Illawarra. A tough five eighth who preceded Brett Kenny.

Stuart Kelly

I remember stupid for two particularly outstanding tries.
One against the Broncs in 1998 semi @ ANZ Brisbane , where he ran about 60 metres down the left sideline and skirted around Daren Lockyer , the other against Penrith in 2000 where he tore up the centre ,scored next to the posts and put us back into the game.

Mark Levy

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember stupid for two particularly outstanding tries.
One against the Broncs in 1998 semi @ ANZ Brisbane , where he ran about 60 metres down the left sideline and skirted around Daren Lockyer

I believe it was a textbook in-and-away that made Lockyer give up and stand there watching Kelly run away.

Mark Levy

Coached the AFC Champion Buffalo Bills to 4 straight Superbowl losses in the early 90s.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
dennis moran

Recovered his own short dropout with 5 minutes to go with us trailing Penrith by less than a converted try. A couple of minutes later Jason Smith set Grothe up for the match winner.

This was at Parra Stadium in '99 or maybe '00.

Michael Vella.

Captain BF

Juniors
Recovered his own short dropout with 5 minutes to go with us trailing Penrith by less than a converted try. A couple of minutes later Jason Smith set Grothe up for the match winner.

This was at Parra Stadium in '99 or maybe '00.

Michael Vella.
Michael Vella was a wholehearted Parramatta Eel who kicked Cancers arse!

Troy Wozniak

Latest posts