What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita Paul Kent Andrew Webster

myrrh ken

First Grade
Better than asking the dumb merkin who wrote it after he was told he was in shit for it and just believing what he says Columbo.

No, logic will tell you what it means. And logic will tell you Fafita will then lie about it when called out on it.

Why wasn't he asked before publishing the accusation? Y'know due process, journalistic ethics and all.

I hope you're not in any way involved in professional decision making in your life.

carcharias

Immortal
Id say it would get 99.9 percent of people fired

Its not the crime of the century (or even a crime) but its pretty vexing im sure to the nrl to be associated with loveridge because fifita didnt use some common sense

Luckily for fifita he is an elite nrl player and his punishment appears to be missing a few rep games (and yes it will cost him thousands of dollars i appreciate that fact)
Haha
Ricky Stuart gets on TV and basically calls his boss a cheat.
Hence the monumental fines he's copped.

Tell me ...is that a sackable offence in any other occupation?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Haha
Ricky Stuart gets on TV and basically calls his boss a cheat.
Hence the monumental fines he's copped.

Tell me ...is that a sackable offence in any other occupation?

Probably

But when you are defending fifita with the actions of others it means you are on pretty weak grounds imo.

Do you acknowledge he has put the nrl into a difficult position ?

Haha

You are ignorant,

Ferguson is convicted of criminal sexual assault Fifita is convicted of nothing

So given you moralising about Fifita not being permitted on the squad what is your opinion on selecting a convicted sex offender?

I suspect you will wriggle without giving a straight answer
Ferguson was rubbed out of the sport for a year. I still wouldn't have him in the team, not least because he's not good enough. But if you're trying to suggest Fafita is being treated more harshly than Ferguson, until he's actually banned from playing rugby league for an extended period I'd say you're talking shit. And apart from anything else, Fafita is subject to an ongoing investigation, so there's another pretty fundamental difference.

But in any case, it comes back to the basic question, is Fafita an acceptable risk of playing up on tour?

Well on that question I present exhibit A:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...im-representative-career-20150525-gh9clc.html

He's a liability. Keep him away from representing our country.

Surely

Post Whore
Not pissed off

He actuslly won me over on his match winning try. That was a mighty effort and he probably played the best finals series of a forward i can remember

But he did do the wrong thing by forcing the Nrl into carrying his message.

Besides isnt this all moot for you carchi....I thought you were quitting footy

to be honest I didn't even know he knew loveridge until paul Kent told me

Why wasn't he asked before publishing the accusation? Y'know due process, journalistic ethics and all.

I hope you're not in any way involved in professional decision making in your life.
Ethics? Hahahahaha. This is about a grub supporting another grub and lying about it. But but but ethics...

carcharias

Immortal
Probably

But when you are defending fifita with the actions of others it means you are on pretty weak grounds imo.

Do you acknowledge he has put the nrl into a difficult position ?
I already said he was stupid.
But f**k n hell
He didn't get on TV saying Free the bloke.
It was a msg for his mate
Probably done in bad taste if anything.

Does he deserve to cop so much shit even after he publically apologised to the family?
No f**kjng way.

It's now October and Kent is still writing blogs about it.
Months and months have passed .

Generalzod

Immortal
Ferguson was rubbed out of the sport for a year. I still wouldn't have him in the team, not least because he's not good enough. But if you're trying to suggest Fafita is being treated more harshly than Ferguson, until he's actually banned from playing rugby league for an extended period I'd say you're talking shit. And apart from anything else, Fafita is subject to an ongoing investigation, so there's another pretty fundamental difference.

But in any case, it comes back to the basic question, is Fafita an acceptable risk of playing up on tour?

Well on that question I present exhibit A:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...im-representative-career-20150525-gh9clc.html

He's a liability. Keep him away from representing our country.
Ferguson was charged with indecent assault, what has Fafita done?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Loveridge knew David Nofoaluma because it came up in the trial. I dont think loveridge knowing footy players is really the issue

carcharias

Immortal
I'd say if Cronulla hadn't made the finals then you blokes wouldn't be so upset about Evil Andrew and his msg to his mate .

myrrh ken

First Grade
Ethics? Hahahahaha. This is about a grub supporting another grub and lying about it. But but but ethics...

Haha - I think the little mouse running on that treadmill in your brain is getting tired.

So F = Free, because its the vibe. Any any other explanation equals a lie because Paul merkin has already determined it so.

Why not go further and accuse Fifita of befriending KL only after he was in jail because that's how wannabe gangstas get street cred? Makes sense.

Doesn't matter what that liar says about it. Actually, why bother asking him anything at all, just ask Paul merkin

Haha - I think the little mouse running on that treadmill in your brain is getting tired.

So F = Free, because its the vibe. Any any other explanation equals a lie because Paul merkin has already determined it so.
The only other explanation given is that it means "For" and as I've explained that is illogical. What it actually comes down to is bias fans of the club he plays for making up their own minds about what it meant and believing the dumb dodgy merkin who wrote it. If he announced he'd signed for a different club tomorrow the tune would change very rapidly.

myrrh ken

First Grade
If he announced he'd signed for a different club tomorrow the tune would change very rapidly.

That's totally right because you believe it and any other explanation doesn't make sense to you.

If I said you're wrong because I think the whole thing is inconsistent irrespective of the player, I'm lying. That's how it works right?

Generalzod

Immortal
Smashed up a hotel room last time he went on tour representing Australia because he can't control himself. Ergo, don't send him again. He's a liability.
Whoopdi f**king do mate our ex Prime Minister destroyed a f**king marble table in parliament house is Tony Abbot an Liability?

Whoopdi f**king do mate our ex Prime Minister destroyed a f**king marble table in parliament house is Tony Abbot an Liability?
Source?

You asked what Fafita did, I told you. And in case you hadn't noticed Abbott is no longer PM precisely because his own party believed that he was a liability, politically.

That's totally right because you believe it and any other explanation doesn't make sense to you.

If I said you're wrong because I think the whole thing is inconsistent irrespective of the player, I'm lying. That's how it works right?
No, how it works is you believe whatever your club bias tells you to believe and objective people use reason and logic to decide. You can never win when sheer, blind bias takes over.