What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita Paul Kent Andrew Webster

Pete Cash

Post Whore
That's rather dishonest of you pete

Or perhaps the definition of marketing and advertising is something that escapes your grasp
1st rule of advertising
Identify the brand

What would you call scribbling a message of support on his wrist ?

Now you're getting it - it's only your guess. Like the rest of your arguments.
No. I was being sarcastic. It's not a guess. It's f**king obvious.
A bunch of Sharks fanbois getting their knickers in a knot over a Sharks player. There's no guessing required.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've missed 8 pages of dribble.. is the general consensus (for now) among Sharks fans that 'there are far worse things' than Fifita showing public support for a convicted killer so let's focus on those?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah sure

The k button just happened to be your typo

However let's explore your morality a bit more

Given you want Fifita excluded for breaking a table would you also post for hours wanting fergo excluded if he sexually assaulted the same table?

you cant sexually assault a table

Yeah sure

The k button just happened to be your typo

However let's explore your morality a bit more

Given you want Fifita excluded for breaking a table would you also post for hours wanting fergo excluded if he sexually assaulted the same table?
You see how blind club biases can create such ridiculous arguments?

millersnose

Post Whore
I've missed 8 pages of dribble.. is the general consensus (for now) among Sharks fans that 'there are far worse things' than Fifita showing public support for a convicted killer so let's focus on those?
No

That's what not reading a thread does to you

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I wouldn't call it advertising
Don't ever apply for a job in marketing pete

What would you call it ? I am happy to not let a red herring stand in the way of a fruitful discussion.

Whatever you would like to call it millers my old mate he used the NRLs media reach to *insert word millers would like to use* support for Loveridge an extremely high profile media villain.

Surely

Post Whore
So this is not about this situation then?
Now it's about anyone who ever does anything wrong ever. Right. Well this can only make complete sense from here on.

You seem to be under the impression that this is an issue that transcends Fafita, transcends rugby league, transcends sport. This is actually about the governing body of rugby league in Australia doing the right thing by rugby league in Australia. They've done that and good on them. This is a rugby league forum and this is the issue at hand. And I've made my point clear as a supporter of the sport. Others are blindly following arbitrary club biases, as is their want. Go for it, but knowing your bias shines through.

This is about consistency

Anyway from that response I'm guessing you have.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Phew

So fergo can play then because he assaulted a person
And Fifita assaulted a table therefor shouldn't be selected

I dont think Fergo should play if the selectors want there to be a moral test for rep duties. In fact he is person number 1 (even more so than Fifita) that should be excluded.

That all said...you still cannot sexually assault a table.

millersnose

Post Whore
I dont think Fergo should play if the selectors want there to be a moral test for rep duties. In fact he is person number 1 (even more so than Fifita) that should be excluded.

That all said...you still cannot sexually assault a table.
So you would agree then this decision is questionable on consistency grounds alone

This is about consistency

Anyway from that response I'm guessing you have.
No, it's about Sharks fans going to any length to defend their player, so much so that now no one is allowed to ever criticise, punish or censure any individual ever because everyone has done something "wrong" in their lives. And to add to the irony, it's coming from people who constantly spout conservative rhetoric that includes judging all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons on a different part of this very forum.

I think what it proves is the power of club bias.

rockcod

Juniors
It appears only thing Fifita did wrong (recently) was write on his wrist, then made it slightly worse by saying that he didn't regret it and that the most important thing in the whole situation was that he was supporting his mate. In isolation isn't a huge deal and an admission of poor judgment / choice of words and apology would of probably done the repair job.

The real problem seems to be that the NRL are reading the press and are trying desperately to find something more substantial to hit him with and in the mean time have gone with this vague sort of punishment of non selection despite the fact that they haven't actually pointed out why he is being punished, in turn the longer the NRL stuff around the more the press are making a song and dance.

If he is suspended for his past indiscretions then it would be inconsistent in the extreme but we don't really know what instances have been taken into account do we?

carcharias

Immortal
What would you call it ? I am happy to not let a red herring stand in the way of a fruitful discussion.

Whatever you would like to call it millers my old mate he used the NRLs media reach to *insert word millers would like to use* support for Loveridge an extremely high profile media villain.

before it was made public did you know what it meant or had you even noticed it?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
So you would agree then this decision is questionable on consistency grounds alone

I think I said that in the original thread that got moved to the international forum.

Fifita would be the first prop picked based on his finals campaign which was just monstrous.

If they want to make playing for Australia have some kind of moral test than why is the team loaded with dickheads.

I'm no fan of fifita as a human either but it just seems inconsistent

myrrh ken

First Grade
No, it's about Sharks fans going to any length to defend their player, so much so that now no one is allowed to ever criticise, punish or censure any individual ever because everyone has done something "wrong" in their lives. And to add to the irony, it's coming from people who constantly spout conservative rhetoric that includes judging all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons on a different part of this very forum.

I think what it proves is the power of club bias.

yes it is about consistency. Why was he allowed to play in the finals and all of a sudden not allowed to tour? Why was Radradra (he's not a sharks player is he?) allowed to play PMxii 2 weeks ago but not kangaroos now? Why is there no problem with Mal holding a press conference about his brother during a SOO camp?

Because the NRL are making the rules up as they go. This is the problem.

Give the political arguments a rest cos I don;t know what you are talking about and its OT.