What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita

Surely

Post Whore
he'd get on well with Pete then
Once a person does his time they should be considered reformed. However there is a world of difference between saying in a newspaper article im gonna keep my brother on the straight and narrow and scrawling a message of support to a killer to be broadcast unknowingly by the nrl.

Unless he is a good prop then you visit him and try to get pen to paper.

Surely

Post Whore
I also believe that organisations like the nrl should not have dunderheads force them into broadcasting support for convicted killers

Would it be ok for fifita to hang a banner showing support for loveridge on your pub. Without your permission ?

He didn't hang a banner, he had small obscure letters on some strapping.

Did you notice anything before the tele told you ?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Does it matter if i did. Now i know the nrl broadcasted support for a convicted killer ?

This argument that people didnt know until they did is hardly relevant.

I know he is important to cronulla and i wouldnt want to see anyone suspended before the finals but cronulla fans are being awfully flippant about the position they have put the nrl in.

Surely

Post Whore
Does it matter if i did. Now i know the nrl broadcasted support for a convicted killer ?

This argument that people didnt know until they did is hardly relevant.

I know he is important to cronulla and i wouldnt want to see anyone suspended before the finals but cronulla fans are being awfully flippant about the position they have put the nrl in.

There is no issue aside from the moans coming from the glasshouse brigade and their readers.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
There is no issue aside from the moans coming from the glasshouse brigade and their readers.

There is no issue with andrew fifita using the nrl to broadcast support for a killer ? So if he asked permission before hand they would have said go for it andrew mate...we want to be known as the killer supporting league.,

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It was a dumb thing for Fifita to do, he's been rightly told not to do it. I don't see it going much further than that.

butchmcdick

Immortal
It was a dumb thing for Fifita to do, he's been rightly told not to do it. I don't see it going much further than that.

I don't think it will go much further

I do know if i turned up on national tv in uniform with a message of support for a convicted killer I'd get sacked

That said I am nowhere near as valuable to my employer as Fifita is to the Sharks

I reckon Fifita should thank his lucky stars the Kelly family hasn't spoken to the media about this otherwise I can't see how the NRL/Cronulla would have any option other than to suspend/fine him

carcharias

Immortal
Ha
The Winfield cup
Rugby league supporting murderers for years.

Alcohol sponsorship
Too

Yet write an acronym on some sticky tape and you're supporting murder??

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Ha
The Winfield cup
Rugby league supporting murderers for years.

Alcohol sponsorship
Too

Yet write an acronym on some sticky tape and you're supporting murder??

Writing a message of support for a convicted killer might be interpreted as supporting a killer.