What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns - are you upset?

Leagueguy

Juniors
If Parra had lost by 50 their coach still would of presented the ball to Johns. He should have come out and done the right thing. The crowd came to see a historic moment and Johns kind of ruined that by not bothering with the presentation. His record had greater significance for the fans and the game than his side losing a club match.

KevinArnold

Juniors
That picture is gold, Period.

The reaction of JT watching Johns walk off, completely ignoring him and what's going on around him, says it all really.

Typical Newcastle bogan. No class.

innsaneink

Referee
boonboon said:
totally agree Johns performance in not attending last night is an indication of what he has become an angry old man past his best with a team that cant perform

He should have attended no doubt about it - the Knights should fine him for not attending,

Just a note on people reaction - imagine the blow up if this was someone else not attending a presentation organised by the opposition - Imagine if it was Willie Mason the blow up that would happen or if it was Brett Finch they would be cruicified and so should Johns be

Read the thread, read the headlines in the papers....he is and rightfully so.

KevinArnold said:
That picture is gold, Period.

The reaction of JT watching Johns walk off, completely ignoring him and what's going on around him, says it all really.

Typical Newcastle bogan. No class.

Also typical of JT , a classy player and a man with class.

Joey is not from Newcastle he's from Cessnock, up here we don't call them bogans, we call them white trash redneck peckerwoods.

Eelectrica

Referee
It would have been a great moment for the game overall for Joey to have accepted it. JT passing the torch so to speak.

RABK

Referee
colcaseysheadband said:
Also typical of JT , a classy player and a man with class.

Joey is not from Newcastle he's from Cessnock, up here we don't call them bogans, we call them white trash redneck peckerwoods.

Ha, JT has been in a few drunken incidents from memory.

This is what i said to parra fans....

Well thanks to the Parramatta club for arranging that. That shows a lot of respect. Also thanks to those fans that payed their respects to him as he slotted the record conversion.

As for Johns, i apologize for his behaviour. We defended him for not shaking hands with all the Dragons players when they thumped us but this is something else.

Grow up or retire Johns. I'd rather have a sh*t player with a little bit of modesty in him then have an absolute champion with a ton of arrogance.

RABK

Referee
I should have ran down and grabbed the game ball. :(

Imagine how much it'd be worth. :O

Red and Blue Knight said:
Ha, JT has been in a few drunken incidents from memory.

This is what i said to parra fans....

Well thanks to the Parramatta club for arranging that. That shows a lot of respect. Also thanks to those fans that payed their respects to him as he slotted the record conversion.

As for Johns, i apologize for his behaviour. We defended him for not shaking hands with all the Dragons players when they thumped us but this is something else.

Grow up or retire Johns. I'd rather have a sh*t player with a little bit of modesty in him then have an absolute champion with a ton of arrogance.

hOLy SHEET!
THAT IS A GREAT POST!
R&BK that was a post of awesome humility and honesty,thanks for sharing it in a lucid,passionate way ,this is how rugby league dicussions should be carried out!

Alex28

Coach
To be fair R&BK - we have plenty of sh*t players with modesty in the club...

In respect to whether he should have given the kick to someone else last night - absolutely not. He is the designated kicker, he was there to kick it. Much better to get it out of the road, reward the supporters who sat through such an appalling performance last night and break the record.

Snubbing the Parramatta officials last night was pretty petulant and is not good enough. However where were the Newcastle officials telling him to get his arse back out on the field? Everyone knew that the ceremony was going to happen - heck it was in yesterdays Newcastle Herald.

Losing a game of footy - no matter how badly - was no excuse for his attitude after the game.

RABK

Referee
It's embarrassing, it really is.

There's more to been a champion then just been dominant on the field.

Joey, you can lay claim to been the best to ever lace a boot, no one really comes near.

But by geez when it comes to been a complete champion you've got nothing on some players i've met.

Mr Saab

Referee
TK is the biggest nuff nuff in the sports media. How he has a job baffles me more than how the duck managed to stay on the field in the knights eels game.

DeeGan

Bench
innsaneink said:
The incident is indefensible....yet Terry Kennedy somehow tried to defend him.

Predictably, you can add Barry Toohey to that too with Matt Johns soon to be added to the list.

KevinArnold

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
TK is the biggest nuff nuff in the sports media. How he has a job baffles me more than how the duck managed to stay on the field in the knights eels game.

TK is a legend.....

scottyeel

Bench
Mr Saab said:
LOL, that duck was there for the whole of Flegg and PL too.
I wish Joey had of saved the record for his home crowd next week