What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns - are you upset?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Joey is the best at a lot of things in this game. Not without least his ability to spit the dummy. Bedsy is crafting his art off the master.

innsaneink

Referee
Andrew Voss: "Was he aware there'd be a presentation after the game?"
clown.gif

Matt Johns: "No, he wasnt"
emot-wank.gif

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
TK is a nuffy x 10000... I listen to him daily and he has NFI.

No Freedman is the nuffy times 10000

T.K is a rugby league-loving legend.

Mr Saab

Referee
He might be a league lover, but that doesnt mean he is absolved of criticism with regards to some of the rubbish that comes out of his mouth.
Freedman is alot smarter than TK

PARRA_FAN

Coach
He shouldntve kicked the bloody goal if he didnt wanna break the record last night. Joey shouldve been aware regardless, ok I wouldve been disappointed in a loss like that, but you would think he'd realise after he broke the record.

I'll always remember Taylor breaking it, he only needed one point and he kicked a goal, not only that we smashed the Cowboys 62-0. There was a lap of honour, a presentation, a couple of speeches.

I'll always remember Joey breaking the record, when we smashed the Knights 46-12, and Joey went off like a sook without attending a presentation. :D

Eels came to spoil the party.

Jobdog said:
I'm very disappointed in Joey's performance last night. We were getting hammered, so he obviously had no intention of attending the presentation after the game when he lined up the "record breaking kick". Which makes you wonder why he took it in the first place. He was going on about it during the week here in Newcastle that he would "have liked to break the record at home, but thats the way it goes", or something similar to that. He could have saved himself, Knights fans, and the club in general the embarrassment.

Basically Joey, you're not bigger than the game mate, if you had no intention of attending the presentation, then you shouldn't of taken the kick. But that said, its all over with now, so maybe we can concentrate on playing footy.

Is it just me or is it that since he has quit rep footy he has turned into a sooky little brat with a maturity level of a kid ???...not a great role model for our future stars ??...:?

mickdo

Coach
kia ora storm said:
Is it just me or is it that since he has quit rep footy he has turned into a sooky little brat with a maturity level of a kid ???...not a great role model for our future stars ??...:?
I think he's always been that way...

PARANoIR

Bench
Poor form from Johns.

I bet if the Eels lost by 50, Taylor still would've been out there with a smile on his face.

Spitty

Juniors
No excuse for his non attendance. But yes he should have taken the goal. Knights played like busted Arses as it was waiting for the record to be broken. They don't need that kind of pressure two weeks in a row. Now the records gone they can concentrate on just playing footy.

Raider_69

Post Whore
mickdo said:
I think he's always been that way...

and you'd be right
he laps it up when things go his way, but he carry's on like a spoilt child when they do, he is a great player, but frankly a pathetic, merkin of a bloke

cant wait till the tosser retires, i only hope when he does i dont have to listen to him dribble sh*t in all media outlets
retire with grace - re: fittler

Michaelson

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
cant wait till the tosser retires, i only hope when he does i dont have to listen to him dribble sh*t in all media outlets
retire with grace - re: fittler

Pretty sure you'll have to, wasn't that part of the arrangement not to go to union, that he'd get a juicy channel 9 contract afterwards?

Anyway, if Joey really did write the article in which he appologised this morning, he was obviously rushing off the field to put pen to paper...

This Year?

Immortal
I would have thought every RL player would be able to cop a big loss. It happens to just about every team every year, so I don't understand why Joey would act like that. If it were me, I'd be pretty pissed too......but surely it could be put aside for a while. It's a monumental achievement that should be remembered for the right reasons, not soured by poor sportsmanship (at least he acknowledged the crowd). In my mind if you aren't a good loser then you aren't a good winner. Poor Form Joey[-X

redVgirl said:
eh...he apologised in the paper today anyway.

Apologies in the paper is a fairly impersonal way of saying sorry...Johns is a prescious thing these days and needs to pull his head in...I wonder what the likes of Buderus, Craig Smith and Gidley think of his silly antics...it makes the club look shabby...:cool:

DeeGan

Bench
innsaneink said:
clown.gif

emot-wank.gif

:lol: Poor Matty ... I am sure the Newcastle Knights Herald gave plenty of reminders and I am certain Johns would of been made aware by club management.

petetheileet

First Grade
Spitty. TA. said:
No excuse for his non attendance. But yes he should have taken the goal. Knights played like busted Arses as it was waiting for the record to be broken. They don't need that kind of pressure two weeks in a row. Now the records gone they can concentrate on just playing footy.

Does an individual record put pressure on an entire team??? i think not...and once again after a Knights loss, we see no mention of the winning side in the paper only Joey and how great he is or how much pressure he is under [-X

El Diablo

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
clown.gif

emot-wank.gif

was he being fair dinkum?

in the after match press conference Johns said he knew it was on