What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns-Greatest Ever?

Andrew Johns-Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 102 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 121 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slackboy72

Coach
For the record my all time greatest team from players I've seen (from1981 onwards) is

FB Anthony Minichello
W Wendell Sailor
W Andrew Ettinghausen
C Michael O'Connor
C Steve Rogers
5/8 Brad Fittler
HB Andrew Johns
L Ray Price
SR Ben Kennedy
SR Gorden Tallis
P Steve Roach
P Glenn Lazarus
H Benny Elias

Pigskin

Juniors
Great player at his best. His best, that is to say, the period he dominated the game, didn't last very long.

I can't put him above Langer. On a par perhaps. There's a split hair between them.

I'm 37 years old, and although a kid for some of his career, saw Wally Lewis' career in full. He is so far ahead of any other player I have seen, its crazy.

I cannot comment intelligently about the original immortals ... Meninga perhaps ... has he become an immortal in recent years ? ... the original immortals i mean, i can't comment on them

I also don't believe you can compare Johns and say Webcke or Meninga ... they all do different jobs

Playmakers are generally regarded as the best in the game, cause they run the show ... Lewis is the best I have seen, daylight 2nd and 3rd.

I also wouldn't like to judge players such as Sterling, Mortimer, Kenny ... apart from knowing they were very very good players ... the NSWRL wasn't that big in Qld (read here - we had our own comp and it was just as good) in the 80's so I can only judge them on what I saw in the odd MotD, Origin and the odd Test match. I never saw them week in, week out.

Oink !

ps ... I still rate Wayne Lindenberg very very very highly indeed. And many of you wouldn't even have heard of him. He played in the BRL in the 70's and 80's. A halfback in the mould of Phil Blake.

Pigskin

Juniors
Slackboy72 said:
For the record my all time greatest team from players I've seen (from1981 onwards) is

FB Anthony Minichello
W Wendell Sailor
W Andrew Ettinghausen
C Michael O'Connor
C Steve Rogers
5/8 Brad Fittler
HB Andrew Johns
L Ray Price
SR Ben Kennedy
SR Gorden Tallis
P Steve Roach
P Glenn Lazarus
H Benny Elias

1981 onwards ? well you are a supreme moron then ..... Brad Fittler :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oink !

Walt Flanigan

Referee
That'd be mine.

1. Gary Belcher
2. Andrew Ettingshausen
3. Mal Meninga
4. Steve Rogers
5. Michael O'Connor
6. Wally Lewis
7. Ricky Stuart
8. Shane Webcke
9. Steve Walters
10. Glen Lazarus
11. Paul Sironen
12. Gorden Tallis
13. Bradley Clyde

Moffo

Referee
johns was the dominant player of his era. an era that i think has produced a higher quality player than any other generation

keeping that in mind, you have to label him the best

well done joey on a great career. living legend

Latest posts