What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns-Greatest Ever?

Andrew Johns-Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 102 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 121 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slackboy72

Coach
I voted no because I think it's a stupid question.

Best halfback? Yes. Better than Sterling, Stuart, Mortimer and Langer.
But how can you compare the role of a halfback to that of a hooker or lock or fullback? In league the role of halfback is the most visible one and hence Johns has stood out like a sore thumb over many other great players. Kennedy, Lazarus, Clyde, Fittler, Lyons, Tallis, etc.. I know if I was going to pick my all-time greatest side my first pick would be Ray Price then Fittler. Andrew Johns would be in there but well down the list.

Raider_69

Post Whore
great call
Id argue when it comes down to it Lazo did his job as a front rower better then Johns did his as a half...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Holla if ya hear me said:
didnt make Gf in some lil rinky dink comp

lol yeah "rinky dinky" comp.

Mate, Super League teams have dominated the modern era. Why don't you look up which teams have won premierships in the last 20 years.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
great call
Id argue when it comes down to it Lazo did his job as a front rower better then Johns did his as a half...

Ahh WHAT?? Johns was the best half from 93 all the way through to 2003 till he had way to many injuries...

Stuart wouldnt be rated in the top 5 of the last 20 years...