What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns vs Darren Lockyer

Who's the greater player?

• Andrew Johns

Votes: 302 69.9%
  • Darren Lockyer

Votes: 130 30.1%

• Total voters

typicalfan

Coach
Johns, Lockyer is great as well, but one is the halfback of the century. Even if you don't agree with that most will have him at the very least in the top 3 and that is the most important key position. Lockyer as a 5/8 is behind the likes of Lewis, Daley, Fittler, Kenny etc and fullbacks behind Langlands and I would rate Gary Belcher and Garry Jack very close to him if not better.

mozza91

Coach
Johns by a fair bit he's better then Lewis so he's definatly better than Lockyer,was strong in all aspects of attack unparalled kicking game,great passing game and so dangerous close to the line and his defence was superior to Lockyer's too he could tackle anyone no matter how big.
There really is no comparison

GB!

Juniors
lockyer easily
lockyer = best fullback in the world, best 5/8 in the world, drug free
johns = best 1/2 in the world, owned by jamie goddard, druggo

LESStar58

Referee
What Joey did I already saw Alfie do better about 5 years before he was even established in first grade.

roopy

Referee
Lockyer has had a more successful career now.

If you looked at both their best form, Johns was a little bit better in attack and much better in defence.

GB!

Juniors
lockyer as a fullback was better than johns as a halfback for attacking

Raider_69

Post Whore
lockyer dominated 2 positions, had more success at club and state level, and isnt a tool
Johns is also a druggie :cool:

KHunt

Juniors
Johns is sh*t. So is Lockyer. I'm a Broncos fan but he's a soft in defense. Can't believe Brett Kenny never gets the recognition he deserve - his highlights are astonishing.

roopy

Referee
Johns was caught with drugs after being with Lockyer.
Wendal Sailor tested positive for drugs after partying with Lockyer.

I think he is a dealer (that's a joke)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns was caught with drugs after being with Lockyer.
Wendal Sailor tested positive for drugs after partying with Lockyer.

I think he is a dealer (that's a joke)

Theres no money in using drugs... plenty in selling it
so it seems on top of being a better player, lockyer's a smarter one too!