What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns vs Darren Lockyer

Who's the greater player?

• Andrew Johns

Votes: 302 69.9%
  • Darren Lockyer

Votes: 130 30.1%

• Total voters

Kelly Patrol

Juniors
Lockyer was the best player in his time, in two positions and the best ever in one of those position( FB). Lockyer was never chosen out of position in rep teams ala Johns. Lockyer doesn't play under the influence of drugs.Lockyer doesn't feign injury to avoid testing. Lockyer is better at getting his teams back into a game , while Johns sulks and berates all around him. Lockyers record at Club and State level sh*ts all over Johns. Johns admittedly was a better defender than Lockyer. Alfie and Lewis were far better halves than Johns and Lockyer. BTW what is Johns head to head record against Alfie ? and what is his head to head record against Locky ?

Dazraider

Juniors
one was a halfback one was a fullback and currently 5/8th
it stupid to compare when playing different positions

mozza91

Coach
Loving the Johns hate these people just can't accepted their club and or state will never have a player of his quality

fourplay

Juniors
Johns is far ahead of Lockyer and so is Thurston if you compare their form the last few years. See Lockyer miss about 5 tackles on Anasta verse Roosters on Friday night? lol. Lockyer frequently gets outplayed by his opposing 5/8.

smacky

Juniors
Johns. Much better overall game. Attack he was better, Defence a hell of alot better, kicking game was better and goalkicking alot better. Lockyer would have a better running game but thats about it

Nope, I'm guessing, I know as much as you obviously. When you hear stories of a bloke leading his QLD club side to victories over NSW sides, state and countries, you know he's something.

Apey

Staff member
Not really. I find it laughable comparing people across era's.

_Johnsy

Referee
I know Joey is not a QLDér, however it's just an opinion. I do see 82% agree with my opinion. Just face it, know it hurts Joey has it all over Lockyer when it comes to footy.

Latest posts