What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns

JJ

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Leave Bradman out of this, his impact on his sport is unmatched.
Duncan, Mchale, Walton... in Jordans class? I wont even debate how crazy that is.
Bryant? What has he done compared to MJ? 3 rings on the back of Shaq. No MVPs, No finals MVP....and will never win one as he wont get back to June.
Magic and Bird is highly debatable, both supreme players.
Wilt, impressive offensive numbers and rebounding, but was not a winner like MJ.

Jordan and the Bulls won nothing for a long time...

it's a team game...great players can't help it if they're on crap teams, Jordan needed his team-mates

Certainly IMO Duncan and O'Neal (at least) of present players, Bird, Johnson, Kareem, Moses Malone, Bill Russell (if you like 'winners'), Chamberlain and others are worthy of comparison...

B-dos

Referee
as for the statement above that Lewis had "claims of greatness" and Kenny, Sterling etc were merely good players... PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT

Well forget my comments on Lewis, my point is that Johns is better than all of these players.

JJ

Immortal
B-dos said:
Well forget my comments on Lewis, my point is that Johns is better than all of these players.

I agree that he was better, but they too were great, if you saw them...

and Saab, someone likened Brandman to Jordan... my point really was that Bradman is unlike anyone else I can think of

Kris_man

Bench
There was this study done on most dominant player in a sport, where you take the player's average and do something with the standard deviation from other player's averages or some sh*t; the point is, it was pretty in-depth. Don Bradman, in the calculations, was second behind Wayne Gretzky.

JJ

Immortal
Kris_man said:
There was this study done on most dominant player in a sport, where you take the player's average and do something with the standard deviation from other player's averages or some sh*t; the point is, it was pretty in-depth. Don Bradman, in the calculations, was second behind Wayne Gretzky.

ahhhh, yes Gretzky, the Great One... forgot all about him

nqboy

First Grade
Kris_man said:
I remember it differently. Bradman was still a man apart even in that company - Tiger Woods, Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, even Michael Schumacher got a run I think. I don't remember whether Gretzky was included in the study I read about, their point was Bradman was better than anyone.

Kris_man

Bench
Must have been a different study then. I'll try to find the one I'm talking about; it wasn't an online one although there might be references online.

Latest posts