What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns

simon says

First Grade
Of course he is the best player in the world....he is the best I have seen by quite a margin and I have seen some beauties......

Im sure that when Sterling and Kenny played they were called the best in the world by Parra fans....but now that its a Knights player its stupid to name one player the best in the world.

Puhlease.......yer cracking me up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alex28

Coach
Eelementary said:
The day Joey proves he can kill it in any position on the field is the day I call him the best player in the world.
How many players have you seen that can kill it in every single position on the field?

You may need to do some genetic modifying to create the super human to achieve your lofty goals...

Mr Saab

Referee
Eelementary said:
The day Joey proves he can kill it in any position on the field is the day I call him the best player in the world.

Are you serious?
So who is the best player in the world then?
Hindmarsh? No...never seen him throw a 20m left to right cut out pass, or run 100m to score a try

Johns is the best player in the world.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
Yup yet you will freely go about your merry way giving your opinion on the greatest wrestler in the world and off all time over in the wrestling forum. Hypocritical indeed.

Wrestlers have different styles, sizes etc yet you can declare a wrestler as been the greatest??? Give me a break.

:lol:

I don't recall saying anybody was the greatest wrestler ever...

I'm not a fan of the term best player, because as far as I'm concerned, playing prop is entirely different o halfback, which is different to fullback etc.

Johns is probably the best halfback in the world. Some would argue the best EVER. That's fine - it's comparing the same position.

But to me, calling someone - anyone - the best player in the world is an insult to the others. You've got forwards and backs - they all have different jobs.

You think he's the best player in the world. That's cool.

I don't - I've explained my reasoning, and it's not out of disrespect to Andrew Johns.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Are you serious?
So who is the best player in the world then?
Hindmarsh? No...never seen him throw a 20m left to right cut out pass, or run 100m to score a try

Johns is the best player in the world.

Yes. I'm an Eels fan therefore, inexplicably, in my eyes the best player in the world HAS to be an Eels. FFS.

I've already explianed my stance on the term best 'player' in the world. Halfback is vastly different to prop is vastly different to winger. So why categorise them all together?

Apparently the gist of what I'm trying to say is too hard to understand.

RABK

Referee
Their all players, Johns does more things no other player can. He consistently dominates at all levels of the game and has the ability to shutdown a forward pack by turning them around, destroying any opposing halves confidence and gives his backs the room and ball to run rings around opposing players.

Their all players - Johns is the best one running around the world today.

Your holding onto a very feeble argument.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yes, they are all players.

Goal-keepers and strikers are both players too. And yet they have very different jobs, just like League players.

It may be a feeble argument to you, but then - your mind is obviously made up.

Obviously referring to Joey as the world's best hlafback isn't enough for some people.

RABK

Referee
Eelementary said:
Apparently the gist of what I'm trying to say is too hard to understand.

We get it, just doesn't make any sense. 1,000,000's of people have seen no flaw in rating players from all kinds of sports as a single greatest despite the fact that soem have different jobs to do in that sport.

RABK

Referee
If you still don't get it try telling me Don Bradman isn't the greatest cricketer ever.

Roy

Juniors
johns is like crickets bradman no one will ever get close.

Sure there will be game when people will say that was "johns like" but no one will ever be as consistent or dominate a game like he can.

It’s a privilege watching him play, enjoy it as we will never see his like again

Alex28

Coach
Eelementary said:
Goal-keepers and strikers are both players too. And yet they have very different jobs, just like League players.
So, if you were to rate Soccer players would they need to be able to be a champion striker AND goalkeeper?

Roy

Juniors
Alex28 said:
So, if you were to rate Soccer players would they need to be able to be a champion striker AND goalkeeper?

soccer players shouldnt even be rated:D

RABK

Referee
I mostly loathe the sport of soccer - incredibly boring to watch. But the skill of some players like Thierry Heinry and Ronaldino (sp) are incredible to watch.

Roy

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
I mostly loathe the sport of soccer - incredibly boring to watch. But the skill of some players like Thierry Heinry and Ronaldino (sp) are incredible to watch.

agreed but soccer shouldnt be brought up in a thread about andrew johns... its just not right:D

Bernster

Juniors
Roy said:
johns is like crickets bradman no one will ever get close.

PFFT!!! Joey acts like Shane Warne's long lost brother cos they both act like spoilt brats on the field...

Bullrider

Juniors
Ok so Johns is the Bradman of League now i have heard it all. John imo is a long way ahead of any player atm however Wally Lewis did what Johns has done for the past 2 seasons for a lot more years then Johns. Allan Langer came back and played origin and absolutley carved Johns up. What happened there? Allthough the way thurston is developing no one could argue that he is not heading in the right direction of stardom and he is only 22 i believe. Johns at the moment is the best but he will never be the greatest.

White Poiner

Coach
Eelementary said:
I don't like the term 'best PLAYER of the world'...

To ME, the best PLAYER can play ANYWHERE and do brilliantly ANYWHERE...Now, I'm sure Joey could probably play anywhere in the back, as well as lock and probably hooker...Probably...But I doubt he'd excel as much as he does at halfback...

I wouldn't call Minichiello the world's best player either - world's best fullback, perhaps.

Likewise: Nathan Hindmarsh, best second-rower.

Danny Buderus, best hooker.

etc.

I agree.. the worlds best player could be playing in england ffs.. They are just in a different position to johns.

The best player is the most complete.. I agree that he is the most talked up player ever though.

He may be the best in the world.. But to be the best ever.. You can never say that.

Recored were made to be broken ffs. Wouldnt the best player ever as a half back be expected to win the comp like every year?