What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns

Nickers

Juniors
also i spent the whole week at the Goldy working for Errol and the NRL, and went to the game, and i witnessed nothing like that at all. it was all very positive and uplifting. maybe i was lucky, i dunno.

I stand corrected he is not, my own bad assumption as he was vocally supporting the Indigenous team. I wish I was sitting where you were seated in that case, my family and my self were seated in different areas from each other and both experienced the same negative behaviour. But it is, as quoted above, a case of if you throw a blanket over 100 people and you will have all kinds, thieves, racists, honest people etc. But my personal experience with this situation deffinetly shaped the way I responded to the Timana situation. But hopefully it is something Johns can take away and help to improve himself.

Sticks n stones

Juniors
What's all the fuss. My mum always told me 'sticks and stones .... but names will never hurt me'. These guys can take massive hits on the field, but not two little words? Get over it. Language such as this is only used to get a rise out of the recipient. If people accepted them as just that, 'words' and nothing more, then their use would eventually stop.

Kiki

First Grade
its dissapointing that was your experience coz i said, mine was the opposite. i was fortunate enough to spend some time with the NSW U16's Indigenous team and staff and everyone involved in the whole week and the feeling was just awesome and not at all what you described.

i guess there is dickheads in every group.

kmav23

Juniors
What's all the fuss. My mum always told me 'sticks and stones .... but names will never hurt me'. These guys can take massive hits on the field, but not two little words? Get over it. Language such as this is only used to get a rise out of the recipient. If people accepted them as just that, 'words' and nothing more, then their use would eventually stop.

What Johns said was illegal in the workplace and in any organisation.

"anti discrimination act and work safety occupation act"

Grounds for immediate dismissal.

If its only word then would you be okay if your boss in front of all your workmates call your wife and you family disgusting names....

no you wouldnt.!!!

Sticks n stones

Juniors

If its only word then would you be okay if your boss in front of all your workmates call your wife and you family disgusting names....

no you wouldnt.!!!

Firstly, unless I only caught a fraction of what Johns said, whose wife and family were called disgusting names? Secondly, even if my boss did, I probably wouldn't like it, but wouldn't cry like a child over it. As I said earlier, 'sticks and stones'.

Dazzat

First Grade
Firstly, unless I only caught a fraction of what Johns said, whose wife and family were called disgusting names? Secondly, even if my boss did, I probably wouldn't like it, but wouldn't cry like a child over it. As I said earlier, 'sticks and stones'.

Yeah right! You're made of iron aren't ya mate. :roll:

typicalfan

Coach

no you wouldnt.!!!
I agree but the best organisations can sort out problems such as this internally. Timana should have firstly went to the people in a proper authority rather than simply walk out and front up to the media.

The media is an easy out for players in this climate and I would have hoped a guy in a senior position like Timana with such a personal relationship with Johns could have sorted it out without the media often missing the point or misinterpreting the event.

The fact that Timana did what he did shows he doesn't have confidence in making the right recourse but if I were in his shoes I would have at least went down that avenue first.

Joey has to have a good long look at himself and the image he is making for himself, he IMO should look toward other walks of life other than media because it doesn't suit him at all.

kmav23

Juniors

so you okay with your boss saying anything personal about you at work... racist sexist anything goes ?

are you happy for you daughter or wife to be called anything at work by other men ?

i think not ...

Rusty

Juniors
A guy calls another guy a "black c***" and in another breath refers to himself as "white trash"...I'm dumbfounded as to why one player took offence to that comment? What other colours are the other guys, pink perhaps? Or does 'racism' and derogatory comments only have implications for darker skinned people?

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
The standard is different for those that have been tradionally oppressed or in the minority. In this case the Aboriginals. So yes, black C is bad. White anything is ho-hum.

Dazzat

First Grade
The standard is different for those that have been tradionally oppressed or in the minority. In this case the Aboriginals. So yes, black C is bad. White anything is ho-hum.

Exactly. Some need a history lesson.

Rusty

Juniors
That may be the case but if Johns was truely racist and thought he was superior to others due to the colour of his skin (which is what defines someone who is racist), why would he refer to himself as "white trash from Cessnock"?

Last edited:

Big-Steve

Juniors
That may be the case but if Johns was truely racist and thought he was superior to others due to the colour of his skin (which is what defines someone who is racist), why would he refer to himself as "white trash from Cessnock"?
Surely you're not naive enough to believe that he was being derogatory to himself!

I hazard a guess that he was suggesting how Imglis sees him or them (the NSW team).

Probably half the reason why Inglis is pissed.

Surely professional sportsmen have other things in their bag of tricks to get them motivated.

fuggitt

Juniors
"Sticks and stones", may hairy arse.

Words can and do hurt.

oh perlease....this country is fast filling up with poosey metro soft ccks..."oh please dont say words to me...im sooo offended"
man up or f**k off...as for tarpoo-what a joke...as my samoan mate said to me when i rang him up (and called him a B C), and asked him what he thought he said why didnt he just get up and drop him there and then-thus we would be spared all this psyhcobabble bllsht analysis and we could look forward to the blues beating the marroons..but no ,here we are yet again sounding like closeted feminazis in a Uni tutorial discussing toilet..ridiculous...

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Seriously - you're advocating violence as a way to stop racist comments being made.

Do you know how stupid that is!

Are you from the shire?

Ike E Bear

Juniors
oh perlease....this country is fast filling up with poosey metro soft ccks..."oh please dont say words to me...im sooo offended"
man up or f**k off...as for tarpoo-what a joke...as my samoan mate said to me when i rang him up (and called him a B C), and asked him what he thought he said why didnt he just get up and drop him there and then-thus we would be spared all this psyhcobabble bllsht analysis and we could look forward to the blues beating the marroons..but no ,here we are yet again sounding like closeted feminazis in a Uni tutorial discussing toilet..ridiculous...

Created a brand new account for that one?

Or did you just crawl out of the primordial ooze and discover the internet?

I'm betting the former. Very brave of you.

Latest posts