What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns

effnic

Bench
Apex ffs watch some russel peters would ya, racism is actually a very funny thing lol. But seriously im more of the belief that Tahu is a little bitch who had a hissy fit and wanted media attention, as if you wouldnt just tap joey on the shoulders and said mate i dont appreciate you talking like that, im pretty sure joey would of shut his mouth then.

bartman

Immortal
Johns sucks big time. What a merkin.

Onya Tahu, people need to take a stand against racist crap wherever it happens. :clap:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Johns is an idiot. This is not the first time he has behaved inappropriately and to make a racist comment in his position is unacceptable. However, I don't believe Johns to be a racist.

Tahu is a primadonna. If he had that much of a problem he should have been a man and confronted Johns. The way this has been handled has been appalling. I don't support the media lynching that will ensure assuming Johns made the comment in jest.

Of course this is all based on the assumption Johns is and idiot not a racist. If Tahu really believes Johns is a racist bigot than he at least had the strength to follow his convictions. This implies he won't be mending any bridges with Johns in the future.

Let's see how it plays out.

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't condone what Johns said but really Tahu has made the situation alot worse. Johns never directed the comment at Tahu, he said it behind closed doors probably in an attempt to fire the boys up. All Timana had to do was pull Joey aside like an adult and hell him what he said was inappropriate. I mean if you were caucasian and worked in a company, would you quit if one of your co workers described someone from a rival company as a white so and so?
All Tahu has done now is crucify someone he's known for over a decade, probably ended his own rep career, and caused a major disruption for his team mates.
If he just spoke to Johns one on one like a man and told him that he was offended Joey would've apologised, and would've learnt not to describe someone by their skin colour again

fuggitt

Juniors
'are you advocating violence'
...No i'm suggesting he should carry a feather wherever he goes and when someone says something naughty, like for example 'the quick brown fox...' (that is extremely racist as it is implying that the fox is b....n) he should tickle him in the face with the feather...whaddya you think rocket scientists...
Mate if you were round when hitler was hangin, you'd be a backer of chamberlain wouldnt ya.."i have in my hand a piece of paper-oh yeh-scary man"
Yeh i am suggesting violence-but if your brainy enuff (which your clearly strugglin with) then there is a difference between controlled violence and uncontrolled violence-and in this case, and ,many others, those of us who actually are raising boys and live in reality, know exactly what controlled violence is and how it should be adminsitered

Teddyboy

First Grade
Stupid thing to say but lets not go over board.
Ben Eltons BBC2 Young ones
One scene evoked a great deal of shock and complaints when it was broadcast in 1982. It is the scene in which a police officer, wearing sunglasses, stops a sales representative who's wearing black gloves from knocking on the lads' front door. The policeman calls him 'Sambo Darkie Coon' Ouch! The policeman then apologises and says 'I thought you was a n****r' Ouch again! Although it was intended as a satirical statement, it received a negative reaction from young viewers. The episode was re-edited for re-transmitted in 1999. Check your DVDs and videos — see which version of Boring you have.

fuggitt

Juniors
nah mate i didnt create a new account....i know i'm reprasentative of how many blokes think about this...but all you lot who are "soooo angry about this important ishooooo..." are our new generation of sensitive new age beautiful men-thats great, i'm really happy for you and your people...jsut dont open yr mouths coz the goo thats dribblin out of the side of yr mouth is bllsht...wankas...

Brutus

Referee
Stupid thing to say but lets not go over board.
Ben Eltons BBC2 Young ones
One scene evoked a great deal of shock and complaints when it was broadcast in 1982. It is the scene in which a police officer, wearing sunglasses, stops a sales representative who's wearing black gloves from knocking on the lads' front door. The policeman calls him 'Sambo Darkie Coon' Ouch! The policeman then apologises and says 'I thought you was a n****r' Ouch again! Although it was intended as a satirical statement, it received a negative reaction from young viewers. The episode was re-edited for re-transmitted in 1999. Check your DVDs and videos — see which version of Boring you have.

Watch an episode of Love Thy Neighbour and Kingswood Country while you're at it.

fuggitt

Juniors
in fact i was a bout to call you two 'skippies'...but i'm glad i didnt coz i would just be sooo upset and devastated to know that i had caused you to curl up into a ball crawl under the blankets for the rest of the day...

Johns Magic

Referee
Seriously - you're advocating violence as a way to stop racist comments being made.

Do you know how stupid that is!

Are you from the shire?

Oh my God you made a comment discriminating against people from a certain area, that's discrimination based on where someone's from, they can't help that and it's complete stereotyping.

I have a friend from the Shire, I am deeply, deeply offended on his behalf.

And to those who think I'm overreacting, you wouldn't understand. Shire people have been geographically discriminated for years, it brings back memories of a dark time in their history. You aren't in their shoes.

Now, get back on that high horse of yours and continue telling others off for discriminating.

bluey

Bench
I don't condone what Johns said but really Tahu has made the situation alot worse. Johns never directed the comment at Tahu, he said it behind closed doors probably in an attempt to fire the boys up. All Timana had to do was pull Joey aside like an adult and hell him what he said was inappropriate. I mean if you were caucasian and worked in a company, would you quit if one of your co workers described someone from a rival company as a white so and so?
All Tahu has done now is crucify someone he's known for over a decade, probably ended his own rep career, and caused a major disruption for his team mates.
If he just spoke to Johns one on one like a man and told him that he was offended Joey would've apologised, and would've learnt not to describe someone by their skin colour again

Spot on