What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns

yawn

Juniors
I am sure Mr and Mrs Johns are so very proud of their sons.

Matty Johns hasnt done much wrong except that consentual gang bang which he got over crucified for by Tracey Grimshaw.

What else has he done wrong. Make a world renowned character such as Reg Reagon?

Dazzat

First Grade
If he just spoke to Johns one on one like a man and told him that he was offended Joey would've apologised, and would've learnt not to describe someone by their skin colour again

Yeah ... may have worked. But if Johns has been talking like this for a long time (as suggested in reports), without any correction from NSW officials, then it wouldn't have achieved anything. If it was OK with the leadership team, Tahu's "little talk with Joey" would have achieved nothing.

Brutus

Referee
Matty Johns hasnt done much wrong except that consentual gang bang which he got over crucified for by Tracey Grimshaw.

What else has he done wrong. Make a world renowned character such as Reg Reagon?

You're right there. Matty was given the rough treatment in the media.

Dazzat

First Grade
'are you advocating violence'
...No i'm suggesting he should carry a feather wherever he goes and when someone says something naughty, like for example 'the quick brown fox...' (that is extremely racist as it is implying that the fox is b....n) he should tickle him in the face with the feather...whaddya you think rocket scientists...
Mate if you were round when hitler was hangin, you'd be a backer of chamberlain wouldnt ya.."i have in my hand a piece of paper-oh yeh-scary man"
Yeh i am suggesting violence-but if your brainy enuff (which your clearly strugglin with) then there is a difference between controlled violence and uncontrolled violence-and in this case, and ,many others, those of us who actually are raising boys and live in reality, know exactly what controlled violence is and how it should be adminsitered

Wow ... you're really tough. You must shave without shaving cream.

Didgi

Yeah ... may have worked. But if Johns has been talking like this for a long time (as suggested in reports), without any correction from NSW officials, then it wouldn't have achieved anything. If it was OK with the leadership team, Tahu's "little talk with Joey" would have achieved nothing.

Would have given Joey a nice blood nose or black eye. Sounds good.

bartman

Immortal
Would have given Joey a nice blood nose or black eye. Sounds good.
Tahu should save that for when the racist grub tries to apologise to him in person (with a full media contingent in tow to capture the moment and salvage his image, no doubt).

Dazzat

First Grade
Tahu should save that for when the racist grub tries to apologise to him in person (with a full media contingent in tow to capture the moment and salvage his image, no doubt).

Joey's brushing off the 'sorry face' as we speak.

yawn

Juniors
Matty Johns has deserved his own show for years. So that's a given.

The way he was treated by 9 and ACA was mean.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I don't condone what Johns said but really Tahu has made the situation alot worse. Johns never directed the comment at Tahu, he said it behind closed doors probably in an attempt to fire the boys up. All Timana had to do was pull Joey aside like an adult and hell him what he said was inappropriate. I mean if you were caucasian and worked in a company, would you quit if one of your co workers described someone from a rival company as a white so and so?
All Tahu has done now is crucify someone he's known for over a decade, probably ended his own rep career, and caused a major disruption for his team mates.
If he just spoke to Johns one on one like a man and told him that he was offended Joey would've apologised, and would've learnt not to describe someone by their skin colour again

So you're saying with some sort of certainty that Tahu never did that to Johns EVER? :?

Johns works part time at the Eels - so the 2 have undoubtedly been in contact this year already.

Not to mention the Blues management tried to work out the issue for 12 hours - which might suggest that some sort of confrontation between Johns and Tahu DID in fact occur.
Then (so it seems) Tahu felt like the Blues camp weren't validating his complaint, so felt he had to leave. He did - and then the Blues sacked Johns right? Oh wait - no. Johns fell on his sword, and ONLY THEN did the Blues camp say 'not welcome back this year Johnsssy'

Drivel on all you like merkin - but I'd be 99% certain that Tahu has heard racist remarks in the game of league on more than one occasion. What Johns said behind closed doors we'll never know the FULL extent of, but if it was serious enough to make someone quit a Blues camp (after stating playing for the Blues as one of his main motivations for returning to league) probably indicates it was more than just a throw away line.

Johns HIMSELF has not faulted Tahu's actions - and labelled himself as being in the wrong. Baffles me why so many morons on this board are calling Tahu a wuss. Johns isn't - and he made the comments in question.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I mean if you were caucasian and worked in a company, would you quit if one of your co workers described someone from a rival company as a white so and so?
Are you suggesting that a white person would act in a more 'appropriate' manner?

fuggitt

Juniors
seriously tho mate, would you by any chance be related to the people who have come up with so many anti-rules in this country that kids cant even have fun in parks anymore coz they might get hurt???

Vicious

Bench
I`ve got aboriginal blood and people such as Tahu need to harden the f**k up. What a sook, this was an issue that should`ve been sorted out between him and Joey, no one else needed to know about it.

Seriously how can be being called black be offensive ? Plenty of advatages of having black skin these days, take it as a compliment.
Having white skin myself and playing against plenty of predominately dark skinned players, I was called a white **** in every tackle some games, what happens on the field stays on the field !

Dazzat

First Grade
seriously tho mate, would you by any chance be related to the people who have come up with so many anti-rules in this country that kids cant even have fun in parks anymore coz they might get hurt???

Yeah ... back in my day, used to love calling kids from other races all sorts of names and watch their responses ... such fun ...:roll:

bartman

Immortal
That's it. Keep the racism behind closed doors (where it thrives), instead of taking a stand to try and reduce it's prevalence in society moving forward...

Plenty of advantages? :lol: Name some...

Didgi

http://foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27266337-23214,00.html?from=public_rss

Marrons' (Lol telegraph) and Origin great Arthur Beetson speaks in support of Johns

June 14, 2010 Rugby league Immortal Arthur Beetson has thrown his support behind Andrew Johns, describing him as "always respectful".
Beetson, who along with the late Clive Churchill are the only indigenous players among the seven Immortals, yesterday hailed Timana Tahu's courage for walking out of the NSW camp over Johns' description of Maroons star Greg Inglis as a "black c . . .".
But while Beetson was quick to condemn racism, the Maroons great refused to criticise Johns.
"In my handlings with Andrew Johns every time I've ever met him he's been a very respectful bloke," said Beetson, who works tirelessly with indigenous communities in Queensland.
"I don't know what was said between him and Timana, maybe it was taken out of context."
"I don't know, but from all my dealings with Andrew Johns he's always been a very, very respectful bloke."
Although reluctant to comment at length over what he described as "second and third-hand" comments from Johns, Beetson said he was disappointed the Blues assistant coach had spoken in racial overtones, regardless of the context.
"Without a doubt (I'm disappointed). In the 21st century people need to grow up," he said. "But the world has changed a fair bit."
"I was just looking at Paul Hogan and a lot of his humour was based around the Greeks and Italians and racism, to a certain extent."
"I grew up in an era where that was a common thing and we had to laugh at each other, but the bottom line is it's a changing society and I just hope the rest of us changes with it."
Beetson hailed Tahu's stance, without condemning Johns.
"He has pretty strong feelings towards it. He's typical of a young Aboriginal bloke of today. He's really proud, which is how he should be."
"I applaud him for that."

Stupid thread...did not take long for the abuse to start.

We all know Johns stuffed up and he won't be the last either...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Massive overreaction from Tahu. I've been called a white merkin by aboriginals before, but its water off a ducks back. Its obviously different coming the other way. But, Andrew Johns is a simpleton. There's no need to actually say it o get a point across and in the PC age you're just going to get hammered for it as he is now finding out.

I don't know if Johns is any of the thng s mentioned in the thread title as I don't know the bloke, but what I do know is that he is an immature idiot.